Sponsored

Hidden trunk latch, am I the only one that didn't know?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I love this feature. Honestly my favorite one in the car. Something about using it makes you feel special. Lol maybe it's just me

Sponsored

Voluntearz_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/10R80
Sorry Colton, I was just checking to see if you knew about the sunglass holder on your 19'. :crackup: This was a big thing back in 15' as many of us did not know.
Yup I keep a spare pair of sunglasses in there. I've seen the memes/jokes on the Facebook pages about the alternate illegal use for that little cubby lol

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
FWIW - I need to confess - I didn't know about the sunglass pocket or the trunk latch on the Shelby. I always used the button on the inside dash. My mind has been blown. Now I am looking inside my FiST for a place for my sunglasses.....let me search the manual.. :inspect: and thank you OP for posting this. Helped me out

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I honestly didn't know about the sunglasses tray till about 7 months into ownership. I thought it was just a removable fuse panel cover.

Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
For some reason I knew immediately about the rear mounted trunk release - did the 12 GT have one (??) or maybe the salesman showed me or maybe I looked for it in the manual.

But it took me about a month before I discovered the interior mounted trunk release. I knew there had to be one as my GT had one on the console, but I wasn't sure where it was until one day I was kneeling down vacuuming the car and looked up at the steering column and lower dash and there it was. Couldn't see it from the drivers position.

BKTorch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
For some reason I knew immediately about the rear mounted trunk release - did the 12 GT have one (??) or maybe the salesman showed me or maybe I looked for it in the manual.

But it took me about a month before I discovered the interior mounted trunk release. I knew there had to be one as my GT had one on the console, but I wasn't sure where it was until one day I was kneeling down vacuuming the car and looked up at the steering column and lower dash and there it was. Couldn't see it from the drivers position.
I wish the new s550s kept the trunk release on the inside in the same area as the s197s instead of hiding it behind the steering wheel...

Nfcobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I've owned my car for about 7 months and never knew either of these existed...lol
Sponsored