Sponsored

Flat tire on 2019

maniak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang v6, 1978 Ford Quadravan 4x4, 1992 Ford Explorer, 2000 Civic HX, 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
Can you find a spare on eBay for a PP2?

Anyone have a link?
Ford didn't (and still doesn't) offer a spare tire for the performance pack mustangs. We picked our up from AutomotiveAuthority. I actually just test fit it on our car (car is only 2 days old) and it fit just fine. It does fit in the trunk under the floor BUT I do want to get some foam to put between the jack/tire to help keep it from moving around.

Here's what we bought (got the tire/wheel/jack combo).

https://www.automotiveauthorityllc....ang-gt-with-brembo-brakes?variant=35757212297

~Mark
Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Nothing should move around when keeping a spare in the trunk. It should all be held down with specific threaded hardware, not foam.

maniak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang v6, 1978 Ford Quadravan 4x4, 1992 Ford Explorer, 2000 Civic HX, 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
Nothing should move around when keeping a spare in the trunk. It should all be held down with specific threaded hardware, not foam.
I agree but Ford in their infinite wisdom decided that those with the bigger brakes don't leave the city therefore don't need a spare tire. That means we have to get a 3rd party tire/rim (Jack appears to be factory style) so things don't quite fit like OEM.

I'd like to find someone with a non PP Mustang that has the spare tire so I can see how things are mounted as I would prefer not to have foam holding the jack down (foam between the rim/jack). At least the spare itself is held down with the threaded hardware.

~Mark

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I agree but Ford in their infinite wisdom decided that those with the bigger brakes don't leave the city therefore don't need a spare tire. That means we have to get a 3rd party tire/rim (Jack appears to be factory style) so things don't quite fit like OEM.

I'd like to find someone with a non PP Mustang that has the spare tire so I can see how things are mounted as I would prefer not to have foam holding the jack down (foam between the rim/jack). At least the spare itself is held down with the threaded hardware.

~Mark
Maybe this will help

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Good advice, I was wondering about getting an inside patch for good measure
Just got my first flat after 2 months..what a PITA had to tow the car to tire shop.so I'm gonna order the automitive spare.im not ever gonna change my own tire anymore,so just need the tire.but it looked like from video the Jack etc is used to the it down.so do I need to order the complete set.thanks

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Just got my first flat after 2 months..what a PITA had to tow the car to tire shop.so I'm gonna order the automitive spare.im not ever gonna change my own tire anymore,so just need the tire.but it looked like from video the Jack etc is used to the it down.so do I need to order the complete set.thanks
usually they are slow enough leaks that you can pump it up with the included air pump to like 40 psi and drive to a shop before it gets below 20 psi or so, but different for every instance I suppose.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Check eBay. You can get just the tire if you want.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
usually they are slow enough leaks that you can pump it up with the included air pump to like 40 psi and drive to a shop before it gets below 20 psi or so, but different for every instance I suppose.
Doesn’t the included pump have the sealing liquid inside of it. If it does you do not want to use it.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doesn’t the included pump have the sealing liquid inside of it. If it does you do not want to use it.
You can use it as just an air pump I think, you have to select the sealant if you want that. I dont know for sure but thats how my current air pump/sealant thing works that I took off my last car. Havent tried the included mustang one yet. If not , you can buy an air pump for like 35$

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
You can use it as just an air pump I think, you have to select the sealant if you want that. I dont know for sure but thats how my current air pump/sealant thing works that I took off my last car. Havent tried the included mustang one yet. If not , you can buy an air pump for like 35$
Tire wouldnt hold air.air valve was faulty

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Nope, your 100% correct. Switch on top allows you to choose air or repair.
upload_2019-10-1_16-40-3.jpeg

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Still wondering,do I need to order the entire kit,Jack et al,so I can tie it down.or is the hardware currently holding the foam,pump etc enough so I can just order the tire.

maniak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still wondering,do I need to order the entire kit,Jack et al,so I can tie it down.or is the hardware currently holding the foam,pump etc enough so I can just order the tire.
I'm using the Automotive Authority Spare BUT the hold down for the pump kit is holding down the spare just fine. What it cannot do is hold the jack down under the spare. I might be able to just use a wing nut on the tire pump hold down though. If that doesn't work I'll orderthe jack/tire hold down so I can hold both.

~Mark

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldnt use a spare on the rear if its a different size than your other tire, could mess up the differential I would think, and I dont think a spare would fit on the front most likely. Using the sealant is what I would try if just air wouldnt work., it can be cleaned out when the tire is dismounted for repair.
Sponsored