2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

joshnc101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ok so if I order the kit from Sam, no programming needed. Ugh gotta weigh if the extra $400 is worth it.
Sponsored

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
None whatsoever. He does all of it so the only thing you have to do is take out your old cluster and put that one in. Takes like 45 min or so.

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
After doing the conversion, ambient lighting only works at night. Anyone know the parameter to change it? I now have drag mode. Has anyone found if it is actually a different mode than the others? If you are on the fence pull the trigger. Amazing upgrade and with Forscan you can truly make the car yours.
2B8358DE-9D85-4A29-9048-E743E5F8A9F9.jpeg

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
After doing the conversion, ambient lighting only works at night. Anyone know the parameter to change it? I now have drag mode. Has anyone found if it is actually a different mode than the others? If you are on the fence pull the trigger. Amazing upgrade and with Forscan you can truly make the car yours.
I’m pretty sure ambient light always just works at night?

I believe in the MT cars drag mode automatically enables launch control. Not sure what else it adds.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
At least in my '17 Premium Package GT, ambient light only comes on when you turn on the marker lights or headlights. It can be difficult to see the ambient lighting if you're outside on a sunny day. Best way to check if it's working is at night or in a dark garage.

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I’m pretty sure ambient light always just works at night?

I believe in the MT cars drag mode automatically enables launch control. Not sure what else it adds.
Yea, ambient light always has been that way. If you want to change ambient light settings, you need to cover up the light sensor.

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
How did you get the GT/Ford Performance programmed onto your radio? Is that also an aftermarket screen??
Thank you.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
How did you get the GT/Ford Performance programmed onto your radio? Is that also an aftermarket screen??
Thank you.
There is a you tube video that shows you how to change the screen to almost anything, you use Forscan to make the changes..

Sponsored

gra03cobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium
This is a great write-up all the input that you guys are put in help a lot of people.
Here's my question now I'm buying a cluster kid from a crashed 18My question is this not sure the mileage on it but would I be able to put the maximum mile which I'm assuming is 999999.9 So now it turns to all zeros then I can program my mileage? I know this could be a reach but sounds like it could be done?

gra03cobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium
Here is another question. Are the "as built" excel docs up to date or are there new ones out there?

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
This is a great write-up all the input that you guys are put in help a lot of people.
Here's my question now I'm buying a cluster kid from a crashed 18My question is this not sure the mileage on it but would I be able to put the maximum mile which I'm assuming is 999999.9 So now it turns to all zeros then I can program my mileage? I know this could be a reach but sounds like it could be done?
Maybe...It is a great idea as I had the same exact thought, obviously it could read 1000000.0 OR it could go to 000000.0, I suppose it could read 999999.9 forever, but I doubt that would be the case... My odometer in my 16 that had the extra zeros at the beginning and looked like 000123.4. Technically Being a digital and not mechanical odometer there may not be a limit to the number of digits, until someone tries it, we will not know... Granted they can be reset to anything thru Ford...

After typing this, I guess I did not help at all... I think you can have the Odometer reset thru Ford, and Sam has those contacts to do so...

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I just completed my digital dash and Sync 3 upgrades (both bought from hellhorse performance with support added from Sam Reeves (Breeves)) and let me tell you, I can't see how I lived without this so long! Honestly, if you are at all considering this upgrade just do yourself a favor and do it. This is one of the easiest mods I've done. If you are patient and careful there's nothing you can mess up with this mod at all. The video that helped me the most is the one from Infotainment. They go through the entire install and it's literally as easy as it looks. The hardest part is cutting the dash behind the cluster (17 and older cars) and even that is a breeze with a multitool that I bought from Harbourfreight for all of $25. I'd highly recommend Sam Reeves for the bundle he sells along with his support if you want a true plug and play setup as he will just send you the files to flash with forscan. 10/10 would do this again if I had to :like:.

20191009_112346.jpg