Sponsored

Edelbrock Stage 1 Dyno Results

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Still working through my part throttle bucking/surging issues on a PBD tune. Making progress though...
PBD got mine pretty dialed in. If I stab the throttle out of no where, it surges/bucks a little but I i chalk that up as its a large blower moving a lot of air, even at low rpm.

Out of curiosity, did you take the nitrous pill out of the bypass line, or leave it in?
Sponsored

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
I have only taken the e85/ eddy stage 2 pbd around the block for a data log and it definitely bucks and surges. Obviously, I hope some of it will be tuned out with revisions because that was just the base file
The surges seem to be around shifts... which is a lot with the 10r80 lol

I took the nitrous pill out on install

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
PBD got mine pretty dialed in. If I stab the throttle out of no where, it surges/bucks a little but I i chalk that up as its a large blower moving a lot of air, even at low rpm.

Out of curiosity, did you take the nitrous pill out of the bypass line, or leave it in?
I installed it without it and then put put it back in to help with the severity of the surging/bucking...

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have only taken the e85/ eddy stage 2 pbd around the block for a data log and it definitely bucks and surges. Obviously, I hope some of it will be tuned out with revisions because that was just the base file
The surges seem to be around shifts... which is a lot with the 10r80 lol

I took the nitrous pill out on install
You’re using the 103mm TB right?

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Wonder if that's just tuning, I’m sure with tune revisions u guys will be happy

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have had zero bucking and surging. Stage 1 kit with Edelbrock Tune 91 and 93 tune. Still have the pill in. I get an occasional dying on a hot start with the A/C running. But it doesn't happen that often. I think the idle is too low. I'll hopefully be able to datalog the car tonight. Boostbox is in... but I'm having trouble finding actual instructions for livelink on it. Still learning how to build a config file that works once it's transferred to the BDX. Frustrating but someone much better at this stuff is going to look it over tonight.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I should mention I am an MT82 car, seems like everyone else in here complaining about the surging is an auto. I am guessing it's a lot easier to tune/dial in the car with a manual since there are no transmission tables to take into account.

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm an auto..

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I have had zero bucking and surging. Stage 1 kit with Edelbrock Tune 91 and 93 tune. Still have the pill in. I get an occasional dying on a hot start with the A/C running. But it doesn't happen that often. I think the idle is too low. I'll hopefully be able to datalog the car tonight. Boostbox is in... but I'm having trouble finding actual instructions for livelink on it. Still learning how to build a config file that works once it's transferred to the BDX. Frustrating but someone much better at this stuff is going to look it over tonight.
Mine does that too stage 1 or 2, 91 or 93 I get a hot restart say after running into drug store....start up and dies but restarts and runs fine been doing it from day 1 both stages both tunes for each stage...just so you dont worry something is wrong

Sponsored

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does that too stage 1 or 2, 91 or 93 I get a hot restart say after running into drug store....start up and dies but restarts and runs fine been doing it from day 1 both stages both tunes for each stage...just so you dont worry something is wrong
I'm not overly concerned about it... but it is embarrassing when at a car show and everyone wants to hear how quiet the supercharger is. Kinda gives everyone a bad taste in their mouth. You hear a lot of "uh, oh" comments.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I'm not overly concerned about it... but it is embarrassing when at a car show and everyone wants to hear how quiet the supercharger is. Kinda gives everyone a bad taste in their mouth. You hear a lot of "uh, oh" comments.
Have you reached out to Edelbrock tech support about this?

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
They cant really do anything you got to think that any changes they would send you has to be resubmitted for certification to carb ect.....yes I have...
It is a little embarrassing but not as embarrassing as spending 12k blowing an engine and still cant smash it to WOT lol....I learned to live with the little hot restart issue long ago......least of my worries....

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Happened to me after I was showing the full corsa exhaust guy in there how my MBRP catback is great for the money LOL about 3 people standing there....start button fires 2 seconds dies....fired again fine...I've learned to live with it...if your gonna show someone you need to give it a little gas after firing...

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have to get my dataloging working first. Not much time to mess with the car here lately. Single dad life. Hopefully tonight we figure out the boost box settings. I'm still curious what boost I'm making. lol
Sponsored