Sponsored

Awesome supercharged mustang video

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
so the euro 25-28 models got all the blind spot warning stuff we didnt get cos ford couldn't be bothered retrofitting the gear into our mirrors.
also notice it has the yank mirror sizes too so bang goes the excuse that EU rules dictated the size of our mirrors we could have had the yank mirrors just reprofiled for rhd.

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium Fastback PP1 with all of the goodies, 06 mountaineer, 03 expedition EB, and a couple of old Clark forklifts.
Sick, that blower sounds amazing! I just got my pony yesterday. Sounds like you have full-on Mustang fever!!! It's a contagious condition! Ferrari, Lambo... blah! Here's my interior - show stopper red! heheh:giggle:

15 smiles per gallon, LOL! :rockon: You got it dead on - there is nothing like a blown v8! If I were to buy a European ride, it would have to be a Mopar (excuse me, Fiat) Dino Coupe! hahaha! Be well, my friend from another land! :like:
20190925_085626_zps9qk5rwwb-jpg.jpg

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium Fastback PP1 with all of the goodies, 06 mountaineer, 03 expedition EB, and a couple of old Clark forklifts.
BTW - I love the startup tone. Been an Ford guy forever, that "ding ding dah" is so very Ford!!

Sponsored

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Cool video, yeah, superchargers really change the car entirely. I am constantly amazed with mine and how it pulls, its freaking amazing.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
780 wheels on the dyno supercharged on pump gas?

How are people getting these figures without meth or race gas or e85?

From what I have read, 650 wheels is about the limit on pump gas. (93 American 99 European)

I read about people claiming 730 wheels on pump gas running 10.5psi boost.

What am I missing? A Happy dyno and a tuner who is happy to do a hero run with octane boosters for a chart?

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Don’t think it’s WHP. More likely flywheel figures so about 680 wheel.

I’m at 640whp and still on standard headers and exhaust. Some long tubes and high flow cats will get me up at the high 600’s so it’s realistic.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t think it’s WHP. More likely flywheel figures so about 680 wheel.

I’m at 640whp and still on standard headers and exhaust. Some long tubes and high flow cats will get me up at the high 600’s so it’s realistic.
They said it dynoed at 780hp. When someone says that, that's wheels unless I'm missing something.

Changing those parts won't get you that much wheels HP as you aren't resttricted too much when running only 10psi. Can't run anything more than 10 psi on pump gas. That seems to be the general consensus amongst all the tuners I have spoken to. Which only leaves you to play around with the timing.

From the reputable tuners I have spoken to, everyone has said that the issue isn't the parts. It's the pump gas and fuel quality.

For instance. KB making 950 wheels on an auto gen 2 running stock internals on E85 with LTHs.

The only way to get close to 700 wheels is to run race gas in the coyote.

So I have no idea how people are claiming these numbers when the limiting factor isn't whats under the hood but rather what's in the fuel tank.

Point being, you could have all the bells and whistles under the hood but a stock coyote with OPG's and CGS is not giving you anything more than 650ish at the wheels in the real world.

That's the brick wall.

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car is tuned by Rob Shoemaker at Palm Beach Dyno and he knows his stuff.
I’m at 12psi (valves open, 14psi valves closed, gives you an idea of the restriction in just the back boxes) and according to Rob high 600’s is possible with headers/cats on pump fuel.

There are plenty of cars about at 700whp on pump fuel but not many with more.

The car in the vid above is showing flywheel figures. Have a read on Geiger’s own website.
They quote HP for all power outputs. Stock figures are quoted as 421hp. So there HP is flywheel.

Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
@CraigJ

I'm interested in your engine build, but know little about it.
Do you have a build thread?

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CraigJ

I'm interested in your engine build, but know little about it.
Do you have a build thread?
Not really no just bits that I have posted.

the spec is quite straightforward.

16 GT Manual
Edelbrock 2300 supercharger kit
Edelbrock cold air intake
GT 350 throttle body
JMS BAP
2.75” pulley
Boundary OPG & CS
Stock exhaust except 18+ Ford active back boxes.

some rear subframe parts from Steeda & BMR to beep the subframe tight.

have a set of 72lb injectors and a revised tune so will be swapping these out when I get back from holiday.

Car dyno’d 632whp & 577lbft on 3” pulley 11psi with stock airbox/throttle body

then it did 638whp & 617lbft on 2.75” pulley 12psi (exhaust open) and Edelbrock CAI and GT350 TB.

swapping back to the 3” for winter as it moved the power up the Rev range a bit more so makes driving in the wet less twitchy bum time.
D78A45C9-8A3E-4DCE-81A2-D4AE54A62442.jpeg

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12psi? What timing? On a stock blower setup with out of the box injectors? You are already at 640wheels on pump gas?

The coyote has a 11:1 compression ratio which pretty much limits safe boost to 10.5psi on pump gas or else you are looking at detonation and the engine falling apart. The pump gas just doesn't have the octane rating to support more.

"Anything over 11 psi you will need octane. 93 we will not tune as you are asking for motor failure at that point (not you but just in general)" - Lund Racing.

Lund and Kenne Bell have confirmed this to be true regardless of blower.

A 3 inch exhaust with LTHs and no cats produces more power because it effectively lowers the boost by reducing restrictions allowing you to put more revs on the charger for the same boost which is restricted by fuel quality and then if you put ID1050's and a BAP you still can't get 700 wheels unless you are running race gas. All of those upgrade may MAY get you 670 wheels but not in the real world.

I know people are claiming 700wheels on the dynos on pump gas. I have even seen someone claim 730wheels on a dyno. I just am not buying those figures on pump gas because its a hardware restriction. No tuner has a magic wand to surpass those limits.

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The car in the vid is quoting flywheel so about 680whp. That’s very realistic. Again go read Geiger's own website.

My car spec is above. Can’t remember timing but had no knock on the power runs.

Also the car in this vid was on 93. It’s a member on here. He did eventually snap his crank but it still made nearly 800whp

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
They said it dynoed at 780hp. When someone says that, that's wheels unless I'm missing something.

Changing those parts won't get you that much wheels HP as you aren't resttricted too much when running only 10psi. Can't run anything more than 10 psi on pump gas. That seems to be the general consensus amongst all the tuners I have spoken to. Which only leaves you to play around with the timing.

From the reputable tuners I have spoken to, everyone has said that the issue isn't the parts. It's the pump gas and fuel quality.

For instance. KB making 950 wheels on an auto gen 2 running stock internals on E85 with LTHs.

The only way to get close to 700 wheels is to run race gas in the coyote.

So I have no idea how people are claiming these numbers when the limiting factor isn't whats under the hood but rather what's in the fuel tank.

Point being, you could have all the bells and whistles under the hood but a stock coyote with OPG's and CGS is not giving you anything more than 650ish at the wheels in the real world.

That's the brick wall.
No, it's often misunderstood, but in Europe and the UK the dynos are configured to estimate brake horsepower, so the 780hp is not a wheel figure. Also, dynojet is not popular in Europe, the UK or Australia and tends to read quite high compared to the units we use over here. In Europe we often joke about "American horsepower" because the Dyno plots all look very generous but guys in Europe dynoing 15% less on our brand dynos run the same times.

Hopefully that's a little bit of context. When a European is quoting horsepower it's almost always brake horsepower (so adjusted from wheel horsepower). Don't know why, but that's how it is.
Sponsored