Sponsored

Any Rumors of Ford Offering the PP2 in the Convertible?

Radguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kia Stinger, 2018 Kia Sedona
Hello, my first post on the forum.

Retiring in the next couple of years and am looking at a GT Premium as a retirement gift to myself and my wife (she's a bigger motorhead than I am). Two absolute requirements are a convertible trim (so the Shelbys are out unfortunately) and the auto tranny. Current options I want: 401A digital dash; PP1; Active exhaust; MagneRide suspension. ALSO Looking at a Roush supercharger install at the time of purchase so I would like the PP2 if I could have it with the wider and grippier tires.

Anyone heard anything as to the possibility of Ford adding the PP2 option on the 'vert models in the future?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hello, my first post on the forum.

Retiring in the next couple of years and am looking at a GT Premium as a retirement gift to myself and my wife (she's a bigger motorhead than I am). Two absolute requirements are a convertible trim (so the Shelbys are out unfortunately) and the auto tranny. Current options I want: 401A digital dash; PP1; Active exhaust; MagneRide suspension. ALSO Looking at a Roush supercharger install at the time of purchase so I would like the PP2 if I could have it with the wider and grippier tires.

Anyone heard anything as to the possibility of Ford adding the PP2 option on the 'vert models in the future?

Thanks in advance.
Highly unlikely. First off there is no auto option with PP2. Manual only. Also the PP2 is designed for someone more interested in maximum track performance (one step below a GT350). For the same reason you will not see a GT350 vert so will not likely see a PP2 vert.
Wheels and tires can always be changed.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Highly unlikely. First off there is no auto option with PP2. Manual only. Also the PP2 is designed for someone more interested in maximum track performance (one step below a GT350). For the same reason you will not see a GT350 vert so will not likely see a PP2 vert.
Wheels and tires can always be changed.
We made a 1 off GT PP1 Conv but with a Auto Never made by Ford in17, Then we added New PP! wheel package Brembo's KYB shocks Ford racing springs BMR 35mm Front and rear sway bars etc. Just find the right car and build it. Out motto is ford never made it then we can.
IMG_5721.JPG
IMG_5722.JPG

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
We made a 1 off GT PP1 Conv but with a Auto Never made by Ford in17, Then we added New PP! wheel package Brembo's KYB shocks Ford racing springs BMR 35mm Front and rear sway bars etc. Just find the right car and build it. Out motto is ford never made it then we can.
IMG_5721.JPG
IMG_5722.JPG
The car looks awesome.
The takeaway........Never Say Never!!!

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
To
The car looks awesome.
The takeaway........Never Say Never!!!
Ford never made a PP1 Auto let alone a Conv PP!1 auto until 2018 It Took about 1 yr to find all the parts. I am adding some GT350 parts as well, Hope you follow our build almost done thanks

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I have a quick question. I looked in the KYB Shock catalog online and they did not have a listing for the Mustang. How did you find them?

Thanks

CVCashmere

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
To

Ford never made a PP1 Auto let alone a Conv PP!1 auto until 2018 It Took about 1 yr to find all the parts. I am adding some GT350 parts as well, Hope you follow our build almost done thanks
They have made convertible PP1s just not Auto ones. Finding parts should take way less than a year, after all they're all from standard Ford catalog, more of a problem are PP calibrations for electronics - traction and stability control and Magneride if you have that,

OP
OP

Radguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
They have made convertible PP1s just not Auto ones. Finding parts should take way less than a year, after all they're all from standard Ford catalog, more of a problem are PP calibrations for electronics - traction and stability control and Magneride if you have that,
Build a car on Ford's website and it allows you to have the PP1 on the convertible with the A10 transmission. I see other options for upgraded 19 x 10 inch front and 19 x 11 inch rear wheels with 275 front and 325 rear tires (Michelin PS4 tires) which would be a viable option. I can always sell the OEMs and get some of that extra cost back.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Build a car on Ford's website and it allows you to have the PP1 on the convertible with the A10 transmission. I see other options for upgraded 19 x 10 inch front and 19 x 11 inch rear wheels with 275 front and 325 rear tires (Michelin PS4 tires) which would be a viable option. I can always sell the OEMs and get some of that extra cost back.
There is no question about a PP1 vert either M6 or A10. Getting larger tires is always an option. But there is no PP2 option and most likely never will be.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Radguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)

Tjking30

Threads
Reaction score
Website
thomasjking.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 GT Premium convertible with A10, PP1, B&O. Absolutely love that car. I didn't get the Mag shocks or active exhaust (do over I would get the active exhaust).

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
HEY!!!!
I'm LIKING this!!!!
Convertible, auto tranny and supercharger availability!!! Everything I want in one stop shopping!!
Thanks Tjking30 for posting this! You just made my day!!
Roush makes it’s stage 3 car as a vert as well. Just wait to you see the prices :)

OP
OP

Radguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Roush makes it’s stage 3 car as a vert as well. Just wait to you see the prices :)
I know!! I've seen them!! Therein lies the problem!!
Ironically, I and my wife happened to see a '19 Roush Jackhammer at the gas station yesterday while we were gassing up our minivan. My wife took one look at that and heard the exhaust and said "WHAT IS THAT!!!" Ended up talking about the Roush cars for a half an hour afterward. She asked 50 questions. Definitely piqued her interest, which is a REALLY good thing!!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Radguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2019 GT Premium convertible with A10, PP1, B&O. Absolutely love that car. I didn't get the Mag shocks or active exhaust (do over I would get the active exhaust).
I totally understand that you would love that car.
Having sat in a Mustang this summer for the first time in my life in a GT rental (vert, A10, 401A option and nothing else), I fell in love with it in no time. Fully optioned must be THAT much better!
My wife asked if I would buy one. I replied "If it was up to me, today"!!
Sponsored