roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I carried battery tenders with my boat stored in with the life preservers. Could you not just put them in the trunk and attach when needed?
Sponsored

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Hey any videos or step by step of how to hook up the tender to that fuse box and then ground it??

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I posted the pix where the wires were connected to the positive terminal on the fuse box and a nearby ground on the strut tower (top left corner of the second pix). Works great and is convenient to connect the tender.
IMG_0295.jpg
IMG_0296.jpg
Don't know why I waited so long to use my Battery Tender I've for over 10 years on my old car (gold car in sig).

Was going to do it on the battery post but didn't see how I was going to connect to the positive terminal.
So this thread was helpful.

Thanks

Sponsored

locknload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I'm just about to do this on my 19 GT. I bought a couple of M6 nuts with nylon inserts as someone mentioned and was going to put that on the wire to the battery from the fuse block in the red circle attached? For other ground on the fender will the ECU or Trans reset if I undo that bolt to put the ground connector on? Or does it stay attached more or less even when removing the bolt. Perhaps a silly question but I assume the fender bolt is self tapping and there is no nut on the other side underneath from that? I just don't want to goof anything up & figured I'd make sure by asking here first.
fuse 1.jpg

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
I've been using the Noco Genius 3500 for a long time. You can order a 10' extension cable,
splice it to go through to the front of the car so you don't have to open the hood to hook up
to it. Just unplug it when you want to drive the car, plug it back in when you get back.

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged

Sponsored

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
I've considered the ctek cowl plug, not too thrilled to cut a hole in my car.
On the other hand looks almost like a oem piece.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I'm just about to do this on my 19 GT. I bought a couple of M6 nuts with nylon inserts as someone mentioned and was going to put that on the wire to the battery from the fuse block in the red circle attached? For other ground on the fender will the ECU or Trans reset if I undo that bolt to put the ground connector on? Or does it stay attached more or less even when removing the bolt. Perhaps a silly question but I assume the fender bolt is self tapping and there is no nut on the other side underneath from that? I just don't want to goof anything up & figured I'd make sure by asking here first.
fuse 1.jpg
Yes, put the positive lead on the circled post.
The negative ground can be placed with the current fastener on the fender. It won’t come loose when you first remove it.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Yes, put the positive lead on the circled post.
The negative ground can be placed with the current fastener on the fender. It won’t come loose when you first remove it.
Thank you sir! I got it on this afternoon. I couldn't use a spare M6 nut as my car didn't have enough thread exposed to make it bite when I tried to tighten it which was weird. So I removed the factory nut on the fuse block and slid the ring under that nut and tightened it back up. I had the lights flicker a few times doing that which freaked me out a little lol but I guess it lost contact a couple of times until I could get it snug. I used the shock tower the same as you did and it seems good.

My only gripe with the Battery Tender connector is the fuse block on it is not very far from the positive ring clip so its a bit stiff to close the fuse box lid unless I make sure the fuse thing is in the right spot. Another inch or so would have made it easier for sure. But its fine in any case I just would have preferred a bit more length before the fuse.