Sponsored

Day Time Running Lights

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
On the few occasions I see a Mustang, 80% of them have their DRLs on. I know it seems intuitive during the day but they just look sooo bad. Change them or just switch your main lights on, please!
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Lol yea it does look naff...i must be in the 20% - i drive with sidelights on during the day, so i get the taillights on and no fog lights drls :sunglasses:

Hope to get the full works some day, front and rear

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
Lol yea it does look naff...i must be in the 20% - i drive with sidelights on during the day, so i get the taillights on and no fog lights drls :sunglasses:

Hope to get the full works some day, front and rear
Why not buy a cheap switchback indicator/drl kit off eBay to tide you over until the full works? Cheap easy mod and a great improvement :like:

Benno

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Updated mine with the genuine (not cheap!!) FORD option. Very happy with them.
5D611E33-D063-4416-925A-667FA2FCD76E.jpeg

Sponsored

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Can you send me a link of them please?
Not sure of the actual link, but I think I found them on the FORD UK web site and they were in the Mustang Accessory section.
Hope that helps..?

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
This is the current Ford offering https://shop.ford.co.uk/collections...s-for-replacement-of-factory-fitted-fog-lamps
Expensive at Ā£229. I think there was a cheaper option from a Focus but cannot find it.
Why not just change the existing DRL bulb to LED much cheaper & look is much better than stock? I got mine from ProLEDlights in Netherlands but they dont seem to be in that line any more. It was difficult to get the holder out of the lamp but Manders put me right.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
i'm rocking Coplus DRL + Fogs, had to tint them they were too bright! but now to the level of the headlight DRLs
IMG_20190505_172019.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
On the few occasions I see a Mustang, 80% of them have their DRLs on. I know it seems intuitive during the day but they just look sooo bad. Change them or just switch your main lights on, please!
Rewired mine to my DD Tribars and sidelights so they're on all the time instead, also deleted the fog and OEM DRL with it haha!

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Updated mine with the genuine (not cheap!!) FORD option. Very happy with them.
5D611E33-D063-4416-925A-667FA2FCD76E.jpeg
Did yours fit okay? I swapped out the old fog lights on my S550 for the Ford-Navco DRLs/fogs - but they don't fit. See pics - they leave a gap. (Ignore the chrome trims in pics - they fit perfectly on the exterior housing.) Old fogs were perfect fit. The new fogs screwed perfectly onto the three screw-holes and placement nipple - but just don't fill the hole completely (ooh er). I know you can adjust the angle of the bulb, but that doesn't fix the problem. I've heard of others with same experience - how was yours?
IMG_5976.jpg
IMG_5978.jpg

Sponsored

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Did yours fit okay? I swapped out the old fog lights on my S550 for the Ford-Navco DRLs/fogs - but they don't fit. See pics - they leave a gap. (Ignore the chrome trims in pics - they fit perfectly on the exterior housing.) Old fogs were perfect fit. The new fogs screwed perfectly onto the three screw-holes and placement nipple - but just don't fill the hole completely (ooh er). I know you can adjust the angle of the bulb, but that doesn't fix the problem. I've heard of others with same experience - how was yours?
IMG_5976.jpg
IMG_5978.jpg
Hi. No issues with mine. They seem to fit well.
F090AE0E-071C-4377-AF54-DC7A01461B23.jpeg

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Yes, that makes 4 people I know with same problem - one of them who had them fitted by GT101! I'm not worried about the units, but about road spray and hose pipe water (when washing) getting through gap and onto the electrics behind.

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Can you work something up with an O ring or sponge rubber. They are LED so wont get hot. They are sold for the purpose so should fit properly.
Sponsored