Sponsored

All E-force guys check for this!

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed this today while checking the oil. I believe this interference was causing some false knock on shifts. When I first installed the kit I checked for clearance all over and it was tight at spots but clear. Obviously when the engine flexes in the mounts it was hitting here. One of my biggest complaints on the EB 93 tune was it felt weak after shifting hard into next gear. This week I've been practicing quick 3-4 and 4-5 shifts because I'm hopefully heading to the track next Friday and now the car feels great after each shift with no loss of power. It must of rubbed its self clear but I'll be adding some additional clearance in this spot just to be safe. As you can see from the pictures it's not noticeable unless your right on top of it. Nothing else give your setup a quick look just to make sure.:like:
20190927_183217.jpg
20190927_183205.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I noticed this today while checking the oil. I believe this interference was causing some false knock on shifts. When I first installed the kit I checked for clearance all over and it was tight at spots but clear. Obviously when the engine flexes in the mounts it was hitting here. One of my biggest complaints on the EB 93 tune was it felt weak after shifting hard into next gear. This week I've been practicing quick 3-4 and 4-5 shifts because I'm hopefully heading to the track next Friday and now the car feels great after each shift with no loss of power. It must of rubbed its self clear but I'll be adding some additional clearance in this spot just to be safe. As you can see from the pictures it's not noticeable unless your right on top of it. Nothing else give your setup a quick look just to make sure.:like:
20190927_183217.jpg
20190927_183205.jpg
can you please explain what is hitting what?

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
The supercharged cover is hitting the K brace.

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
can you please explain what is hitting what?
Like CraigJ said, it's the removeable side supercharger cover hitting the k brace. It's looks like it shouldn't hit but obviously it does. I'll take another picture from a different angle later.
20190928_053231.jpg

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
The instructions tell you to push the cover as far forward as possible to avoid that. I didn't bother leaving them on, they're heavy and hold heat in the fuel rails.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The instructions tell you to push the cover as far forward as possible to avoid that. I didn't bother leaving them on, they're heavy and hold heat in the fuel rails.
I did push them all the way front and mine still hit. They are heavy and hold heat. I think I'll do a side cover delete for my next mod!:idea:

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I did push them all the way front and mine still hit. They are heavy and hold heat. I think I'll do a side cover delete for my next mod!:idea:
Yeah mine hit a tiny bit on the corner of the passenger side so I ditched them. They look cool but I don't need a cast iron frying pan hanging off of both sides of the blower.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
That is a good find and definitely something for others to be aware of.

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
That's so weird I have a bunch of clearance. The only place it rubbed at the begining was the hood liner (the soft layer on the bottom side of the hood.)

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's so weird I have a bunch of clearance. The only place it rubbed at the begining was the hood liner (the soft layer on the bottom side of the hood.)
I removed my hood liner during the install because it looked to close for comfort. Plus I like the pony in the hood!

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Maybe try some new positions or seek professional counseling? Be creative and thoughtful of her needs, and I bet yall can make it work.
Good luck!
Sponsored