2019/20 Mustang GT base $30k OTD

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Costco member? I achieved that number using Costco pricing after playing the "internet price game" for a few weeks. Completely hassle free using Costco.

Socal_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP FBO E85 (Sold) 2019 Mustang GT PP

Is a base 2019 or 2020 Mustang GT $30k (base-no options) out the door possible? Or probably not?
Unless you're paying cash the OTD shouldn't matter too much. Ford is offering 0% financing for 72 months rn In cali. that's how i got mine recently

Socal_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
and No there is no way you will find a brand new gt for 30k OTD so give that one up. 31 plus tax and reg yes. so like 34k OTD

I sell Cars for Ford and that is actually impossible.

But with the 0% Financing you can achieve a sub 500$ Payment so think about that

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
and No there is no way you will find a brand new gt for 30k OTD so give that one up. 31 plus tax and reg yes. so like 34k OTD

I sell Cars for Ford and that is actually impossible.

But with the 0% Financing you can achieve a sub 500$ Payment so think about that
Not quite $30K OTD (I'm assuming Taxes, Tags, license and doc fees in the "out the door" figure) but you can definitely get a new '19 Base GT OTD for under $34K.

Also depends if the car has been on the lot a long time. I had my dealer transfer my car in. Even with that (it wasn't free of course - it came from 200 miles away) I'm still less than $33K OTD with taxes, tags, license and doc fee.

Sponsored

Socal_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
Not quite $30K OTD (I'm assuming Taxes, Tags, license and doc fees in the "out the door" figure) but you can definitely get a new '19 Base GT OTD for under $34K.

Also depends if the car has been on the lot a long time. I had my dealer transfer my car in. Even with that (it wasn't free of course - it came from 200 miles away) I'm still less than $33K OTD with taxes, tags, license and doc fee.
yeah well it just depends on your tax bracket. What im saying is 30k OTD is impossible so give that up lol that's very unrealistic.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
What im saying is 30k OTD is impossible so give that up lol that's very unrealistic.
Give it a couple more months. 30K OTD (assuming a 4.2% sales tax rate) is 28.5k for the car with freight. That's 22% off sticker - cars are being advertised at 18% off today. Just because a dealer is hoping they'll find somebody to pay too much doesn't mean there is such a person. Come Thanksgiving or mid-December and the car is still unsold, 22% off is not at all unreasonable.

Here's one you could possibly get for 30K OTD if you know how to play hardball and your tax rate isn't over 4.2%. 31K though might be more realistic.
https://www.tedbritt.com/new-Fairfax-2019-Ford-Mustang-GT-1FA6P8CF6K5167530

Cars are a luxury consumer good with a high rate of depreciation. There is nothing wrong with cramming it down the dealer's throat, or Ford's for that matter.

Socal_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
Give it a couple more months. 30K OTD (assuming a 4.2% sales tax rate) is 28.5k for the car with freight. That's 22% off sticker - cars are being advertised at 18% off today. Just because a dealer is hoping they'll find somebody to pay too much doesn't mean there is such a person. Come Thanksgiving or mid-December and the car is still unsold, 22% off is not at all unreasonable.

Here's one you could possibly get for 30K OTD if you know how to play hardball and your tax rate isn't over 4.2%. 31K though might be more realistic.
https://www.tedbritt.com/new-Fairfax-2019-Ford-Mustang-GT-1FA6P8CF6K5167530

Cars are a luxury consumer good with a high rate of depreciation. There is nothing wrong with cramming it down the dealer's throat, or Ford's for that matter.
Yeah you could wait till the end of the year when there are no 19's left and get stuck with one that you dont even like either.

Pro tip just pay a couple grand more for what you want while they're offering 0% financing.

Last year there were no 2018 's in California carried into 2019.

OP
OP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Was a Costco member but didn't use it enough to justify keeping it. I figured buying a 2019 when the 2020's are already on the lot, I would be helping the dealers out. I bumped my budget up to $32k, but still nothing. Dealer fees use to be $599.00 in my area and I had a big problem with that trumped up charge. You are going to charge me to do the paperwork to sell a car when Federal/State laws dictates you can't sell ANY car without paperwork. It's kind of like charging your employer for your commuting costs.

Now, the dealer fees I am seeing is $900.00-$975.00.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
As ridiculous as those number are, so what? You offer OTR/OTD at 32K and see if they'll bite. Just because one party wants to pad their bottom line doesn't mean you have to accept it. Dealers around here insist that the advertised price doesn't include their $800 paperwork fee, nor tax nor freight. I don't give a damn. I give them my number and they hit it or I walk. Works like a charm. Their advertised price is NOT the lowest possible price they will accept for the car today. How do you know this? 2 weeks later that number if "magically" another 500-1000 lower. Selling cars is a "con" in some respects. And no, their cost basis on a car is not the so-called "invoice".

> Yeah you could wait till the end of the year when there are no 19's left and get stuck with one that you dont even like either.

So what? His primary criteria is 'base GT' and 30K OTD. Now if his criteria actually ranks 10AT or a certain color higher than 30K OTR, then obviously he has to re-evaluate his risk appetite for no car ever meeting that criteria, in a market area he wants to deal with, or having to move higher on his willingness to pay. Today less than 32K is definitely possible. I fully expect there will be quite a few '19 still hanging around past Christmas and into February. Just maybe not in California.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Was a Costco member but didn't use it enough to justify keeping it. I figured buying a 2019 when the 2020's are already on the lot, I would be helping the dealers out. I bumped my budget up to $32k, but still nothing. Dealer fees use to be $599.00 in my area and I had a big problem with that trumped up charge. You are going to charge me to do the paperwork to sell a car when Federal/State laws dictates you can't sell ANY car without paperwork. It's kind of like charging your employer for your commuting costs.

You can get REAL close to $32K OTD if you want an auto base GT and you aren't real picky about color. What state are you in?

OP
OP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am in S. Florida. I wanted Magnetic(Gray) exterior at first. But now I don't care-any color will do. I'll take a GT in pink if that is all they have. I am manly enough to drive a pink car lol.
It is now the end of the month, end of the quarter and end of the year is coming up. With dealer holdbacks, regional programs for dealers, there is any number of ways a dealer could hit my $32k OTD.

With all the crap that dealers do-screw them if they can't make my numbers. I remember when I was just out of high school how I got screwed big time by dealers when I got into the car buying world. I have since "made it back up" to them over the years-if you know what I mean.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I had a big problem with that trumped up charge. You are going to charge me to do the paperwork to sell a car when Federal/State laws dictates you can't sell ANY car without paperwork. It's kind of like charging your employer for your commuting costs.
Yes, that the way it is. Many of the fees are negotiable. You have to do it.

With dealer holdbacks, regional programs for dealers, there is any number of ways a dealer could hit my $32k OTD.
Yes they can but remember your buying one car. Do not expect them to just give you everything.

With all the crap that dealers do-screw them if they can't make my numbers.
With that attitude you are never going to get a car. Your one car is not going to make or break a dealership.

I have since "made it back up" to them over the years-if you know what I mean.
Yeah, OK we get.

Billy1, I'm honestly wondering just how hard you are working to find your perfect car. Many of the members have given you excellent advice. The cars are out there. Go find one.

OP
OP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Bikeman315 I am working on it. I have 2 dealers lined up for tomorrow. They say they will only deal if I am sitting in a chair in front of them.
Sponsored