Sponsored

New/Late 2019 GT350 owners Now what? Sharing MY'19 observations, break in, and mods topics

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
***Hint*** it took no special tools and cost no money.
I had both back seats unlatched in the folded down position and the cabin found its natural frequency... and it is REALLY annoying.
Solution: Change the frequency by changing the mass of the system boundaries... drop only one seat or keep both seats up and latched.
It took 30 years to actually use the annoying Vibrations class.
This has been the only down side of the resonator delete method I chose... so far.
Sponsored

Dan206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350, ‘16 Corvette Z51, ‘62 VW, ‘20 Raptor
K1393 arrived 07/26 after 11 grueling weeks of delays. She currently has 2750 miles after about 9 weeks of ownership. Oil was changed at 1600 miles and Ford Rewards paid for it (FordPass). LOVE this car!!!

Things I've Done:
Things I'll Do:
What I Should Have Done:
  • PPF from the A-pillars forward and the rear quarter impact zones - lesson learned - bear the wrath of the wife and just make it happen!

IMG_3694.jpg
I had the Power Stop Z26 Carbon-Ceramic pads installed. I'm very happy with them. Normal driving I don't notice any difference in stopping power. I won't be tracking the car so no worries there.
I've taken the car out 4 times and no dust. Stock pads required a wash job after each drive.

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 1966 Mustang Coupe
This has been the only down side of the resonator delete method I chose... so far.
I've been thinking about getting one of the resonator delete xpipes. I think the car sounds amazing already, but seems like most threads about the delete say "it sounded great, so I was hesitant but now it sounds better" so I think I should just get on with it :)

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Every time you say "break in" on the GT350 forum, you cock block one of our fellow brothers somewhere some how in this beautiful world. So don't say break in ever again.

Less than 1000 miles on the clock:

Dan206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350, ‘16 Corvette Z51, ‘62 VW, ‘20 Raptor
I got #564 (Velocity Blue) on June 12th. It has 1700 miles now. First oil change at 1000.
Changed out tires and wheels first thing. Apex wheels, race silver, 19x11 square setup. Michelin Pilot Super Sports 305/35. Couldn't get those stock tires off fast enough - rock flingers!
Benchmark Auto Salon in Lynnwood WA did paint correction and I now have no orange peel. STEK Dynoshield clear paint protection on the nose and rockers and just behind the rear wheels. Then XPEL Fusion ceramic coating to whole car. LOOKS GREAT!
I got the car without stripes as I wanted white with no pinstripe and I didn't want the stripes on the lower chin area. Benchmark applied those.
I also had them install rocker stripes. Got them from Bemaro Specialty Films.
MGW short throw shifter was installed next, and I LOVE it.
I had PowerStop Z26 Carbon Ceramic brake pads installed, hoping to eliminate ridicules amount of brake dust from stock pads. Two thumbs up so far!
b 850_5056 30x20 bluer sky b.jpg

Sponsored

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
I had both back seats unlatched in the folded down position and the cabin found its natural frequency... and it is REALLY annoying.
Solution: Change the frequency by changing the mass of the system boundaries... drop only one seat or keep both seats up and latched.
It took 30 years to actually use the annoying Vibrations class.
I'm glad you posted this, I drive with the back seats folded down also! No sound issues with mine, so it must be the resonator delete.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I also had straight pipes put in place of the resonators, I did not do the x-pipe delete kit like Lethal Performance,or others. Mine still used the factory x-pipe section.
I can still drop one of the seats to get the glorious Ford Philharmonic 32-valve Flat-Planed Orchestra.

Last edited:

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
K0215 arrived on April 24th and was only held up 2 weeks for steering wheel strike. I was lucky compared to many others this year. Dealer had to replace exhaust system as the left valve would not work. They did throw in a free service for the inconveinence.
Since then car has been great and now at 1600 miles.
I installed ford performance separators on both sides. Vinyl letters on front splitter, Painted coil covers, cover for coolant tank, PPF on rear quarters in front of wheels, much needed. A pair of rock blockers as well. Custom bracket to mount radar detector and one for dash cam too. Added an ID plate on the radiator support.
20190829_145108.jpg
How hard of an install are those Ford Performance oil separators?

How much did they run you?

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Easy install, come with everything you need. Have to find the receipt for price. Got them from summit racing as they had the best price.
I like the factory look of them.

Update:
You only need a 10 mm socket and remove and replace some plastic push clips to install.

Last edited:

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
Easy install, come with everything you need. Have to find the receipt for price. Got them from summit racing as they had the best price.
I like the factory look of them.
Thank you for the response.

Just checked Summit, $158 for the driver side. Here is the link for anyone else that wants it.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6766-a50s/overview/

Gotta search around for the passenger side one.

EDIT: Found the passenger side.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6766-a50?rrec=true

These are something i'll install next spring when the car comes out of hibernation.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
K1393 arrived 07/26 after 11 grueling weeks of delays. She currently has 2750 miles after about 9 weeks of ownership. Oil was changed at 1600 miles and Ford Rewards paid for it (FordPass). LOVE this car!!!

Things I've Done:
Things I'll Do:
What I Should Have Done:
  • PPF from the A-pillars forward and the rear quarter impact zones - lesson learned - bear the wrath of the wife and just make it happen!

IMG_3694.jpg
Randy, do you mind posting photos of the emblem overlays?

Wanted to get an idea of what they look like before making the leap.

Thanks!

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Randy, do you mind posting photos of the emblem overlays?

Wanted to get an idea of what they look like before making the leap.

Thanks!
I ordered the emblem overlays from zimcraft. Did not match the car color. (Performance Blue).They sent another color but stil didnt match (to my liking). They refunded my money. Great people to deal with though and would do so in the future.
20190916_155845.jpg

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Just checked Summit, $158 for the driver side. Here is the link for anyone else that wants it.
Don't bother with the drivers side. You will find little or no oil on the drivers side. A waste of money. The way the engine breathe the heavy lifting is done be the passenger side separator.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
Don't bother with the drivers side. You will find little or no oil on the drivers side. A waste of money. The way the engine breathe the heavy lifting is done be the passenger side separator.
I went back and forth on getting the driver's side can after reading that no one was really finding any oil there.

I figured, for $150, why not ?

I still might return it and put the money towards something else.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
I ordered the emblem overlays from zimcraft. Did not match the car color. (Performance Blue).They sent another color but stil didnt match (to my liking). They refunded my money. Great people to deal with though and would do so in the future.
20190916_155845.jpg
George,

Thanks so much for the reply and the photos.

My 19MY is also Ford Performance Blue so your photos are even more relevant.

Did you ever consider trying the overlays in white?

Thanks again,

Chris
Sponsored