Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
What is out there for the 18s & 19s? Americanmuscle.com has nothing, and I need to mount a front plate without drilling my bumper. Evidently Virginia has decided that no front plate = 2 points on your license.
Sponsored

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
Sto n Sho license plate brackets are pretty popular. They attach to the underside of the front splitter or splash guard and gives you the ability to easily remove license plate for a car show and what not.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
You basically have 2 choices: Sto N Sho (make sure you get the PP1 version) or Craig's Bracket.

Sto N Sho Pros: Hardware is hidden under the car. Quickly goes on and off. No double sided tape. Doesn't interfere with PPF film.
Sto N Sho Cons: Easily damaged on steep driveway entrances or speed bumps especially if your car is lowered.

Craig's Bracket Pros: Easy install, will never get damaged as it attaches higher up.
Craig's Bracket Cons: Held on with double sided 3M VHB only, mounting plate is not completely invisible even with the bracket removed, must remove PPF film from the bumper to attach or PPF film needs to be cut to go around the mounting plate.

I bought the Craig's Bracket but never installed it. I live where front plates are mandatory and I have crossed paths with many patrol cars and it hasn't been an issue (knock on wood). I even got pulled over for speeding on a country back road but never was told to get my front plate on. Your situation may be different if you drive your car every day.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Nova, your car is a DD back and forth to DC, right. The Sto n Sho is great but it hangs low and is susceptible to damage. I had the Craig’s bracket on my 2015 EB that was my DD IN NJ. Sit right where the OEM plate goes. I would highly recommend it.

http://ccmustangbrackets.com/product/2015-mustang-bracket/
51F405FF-817F-4D53-83D8-DCA9B8993859.jpeg

Sponsored

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Here is another one that I have but haven't put it on yet. I had a Sto and Sho but sent it back as I was worried that it hung lower than my splitter.

https://392advisors.com/ford

2018_Mustang.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here is another one that I have but haven't put it on yet. I had a Sto and Sho but sent it back as I was worried that it hung lower than my splitter.

https://392advisors.com/ford

2018_Mustang.jpg

Looks like a good solid setup, like the design - but they don’t have any options for a 2018-19+ with the non-honeycomb lower grille.

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have the Sto and sho. My front plate has bottomed out a couple times (low drive entrances, parking barriers). TBH, I'd rather my plate hit than my front chin spoiler.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have the Sto and sho. My front plate has bottomed out a couple times (low drive entrances, parking barriers). TBH, I'd rather my plate hit than my front chin spoiler.
I agree. Same reason I purchased the Sto N Sho for my PP2. I also like that, on the PP2, it uses only factory holes. No need to drill any holes at all and goes on in 2 minutes.

In the end, if you have a low driveway or apron that you are worried it will hit, take the thing off, get past the issue and put it back on.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I just mounted Craig's Custom Mustang Bracket base on my bumper, and I'm waiting for the 3M tape to cure. Once that cures, I'm going to add a rivet on both sides of the base to make it more of a semi-permanent mount. I can't have my license plate flying off on the highway, lol.

As for drilling into the bumper, I'm not concerned. The holes will never be seen unless you lay on your back to look.

Sponsored

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I just picked up a '19 PP2.

Concerned that the Sto n Sho hangs lower than the already low PP2 splitter.

I had the 392 Advisors mount on my Challenger and it worked well and was really high quallity.

Ordered 1 and will report back once it's on.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I did not measure it but the bracket for PP2 is about 1/2" thick, if that. The license plate is mount such that the bottom is about even with the bottom of the bracket so it will lower the front about 1/2" or less.

I am a little surprised they did not put a bend in the two rods on the Sto N Sho so as to raise the plate a little higher.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I've had my 392 Advisors bracket for a while. Finally got my tags and installed it.

It's very well made and pretty ingenious the way that it mounts. The tops of the bracket on each side seemed a bit close to the bumper, so I wrapped them with electrical tape and stuck a plastic furniture bumper between each of them and the bumper. There was no contact, but they were so close I wanted a little peace of mind. It came with some spacers that I used to keep the plate away from the bumper.

It looks a bit "square" on the front of the car. I like it better with no front plate, but don't want to give any excuses for a stop that I can help. Overall, I'm happy with it. About the same price as Sto-N-Sho and no loss of ground clearance.
20191106_181846.jpg
20191106_182358.jpg
20191106_182406.jpg

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I've had my 392 Advisors bracket for a while. Finally got my tags and installed it.

It's very well made and pretty ingenious the way that it mounts. The tops of the bracket on each side seemed a bit close to the bumper, so I wrapped them with electrical tape and stuck a plastic furniture bumper between each of them and the bumper. There was no contact, but they were so close I wanted a little peace of mind. It came with some spacers that I used to keep the plate away from the bumper.

It looks a bit "square" on the front of the car. I like it better with no front plate, but don't want to give any excuses for a stop that I can help. Overall, I'm happy with it. About the same price as Sto-N-Sho and no loss of ground clearance.
20191106_181846.jpg
20191106_182358.jpg
20191106_182406.jpg
Many put a relocation plate on for tracking so they can remove it to allow maximum air into the radiators. Can that one be removed easily? From what I can tell, it saves the bumper from the holes but still blocks the air entrance.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Many put a relocation plate on for tracking so they can remove it to allow maximum air into the radiators. Can that one be removed easily? From what I can tell, it saves the bumper from the holes but still blocks the air entrance.
4 screws and the plate would be off. The lower grill is mostly blocked off. I don't know what difference the plate would make.
Sponsored