Sponsored

2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
Based on past experience when production starts back up for these cars next Spring I suggest that you will be fortunate to see your car by May or June but really hope that I am wrong.

:wink:
That's my expectations as well. 1yr from order date is when I will start getting real irritated.
Sponsored

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Based on past experience when production starts back up for these cars next Spring I suggest that you will be fortunate to see your car by May or June but really hope that I am wrong.

:wink:
I guess when it all comes down to it there is nothing I can do but wait. It comes when it comes and there is nothing I can do about it so I will just be patient. What about your CTFP GT 500? Did it make the cut before having to wait until the spring?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I realize that many (or most) of you don't want to hear this but...

I was going to wait until Thursday to call, as suggested by FP, but with the number of pushes I've read about, I was antsy. My build week had held steady at 10/21 and so I called FP. Austin told me..

I now have a build date of 10/24. Needless to say, I'm VERY relieved and extremely happy.

In the mean time, I truly hope more of you find yourselves in the same situation.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Must be something more common between all cars, regardless of options. :inspect:

@V00D00 did you receive any additional information from your insider today?
Not yet

As you mentioned this is not a cosmetic issue but more a situation whereby the FRAP is backlogged with the Aviator and Expedition problems that is causing most of the backlog production scheduling issues.

I would suggest that most of your are overthinking the reason for your cars being pushed out from a scheduled production standpoint at least that is my opinion based on previous experiences when working with the FRAP.

:sunglasses:
I’m going with PP0001, we’re probably over thinking this. The Aviator, and Explorer repairs are the main set back. In all honesty though, I got pushed from 10/9 till 10/30 build day, 3 weeks. Those guys with the original November build day might get a 3 month push back. I’m guessing those post won’t be far off.
Not to argue, but I was told by someone with access, the explorer and aviator isnt helping, but there is an issue with an appearance item

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.

I was going to wait until Thursday to call, as suggested by FP, but with the number of pushes I've read about, I was antsy. My build week had held steady at 10/21 and so I called FP. Austin told me..

I now have a build date of 10/24. Needless to say, I'm VERY relieved and extremely happy.

In the mean time, I truly hope more of you find yourselves in the same situation.
I am glad to hear that your car will make it before the winter sets in. Please post pics once you get it. Congrats.

Sponsored

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500

That’s great! I called last week and didn’t have any delays from my 10/21 build week in a base model, tech package, CF dash, handling package, base seats, handling package, painted black roof and twister orange. Located in the Minnesota.

Could it be a regional thing with the delays in trying to get us northerners our cars before winter hits?

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
@Snoppy49 My build date for 0761 is 11/1/19 not 11/11 as you have it on page 1.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Has Ford put a CF dash in anything before? I can't think of anything else that the appearance would be so critical that it would affect production.

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Do we honestly think that the final 2020s will be delivered in May or June of next year?

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Do we honestly think that the final 2020s will be delivered in May or June of next year?
I don’t think May or June, but April wouldn’t be out of the question for 1st delivery. I’d be more curious as how long it takes to fill and produce all the orders.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Have any of the guys lucky enough to keep or only get pushed to first week of October builds been able to pull up a window sticker? When I ordered my 16 350 I was able to pull up window sticker on Research Maniac web site about 10 days before build day.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Have any of the guys lucky enough to keep or only get pushed to first week of October builds been able to pull up a window sticker? When I ordered my 16 350 I was able to pull up window sticker on Research Maniac web site about 10 days before build day.
I have, nothing yet
9/24-10/7

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I guess when it all comes down to it there is nothing I can do but wait. It comes when it comes and there is nothing I can do about it so I will just be patient. What about your CTFP GT 500? Did it make the cut before having to wait until the spring?
Unfortunately I did not really start looking for a GT500 until mid July as I originally did not have any interest in another Mustang due to having a much smaller garage in Arizona along with getting older and getting ready to retire.

Prior to recently relocating to Arizona I sold off some of my cars due to the above and had no intention of ordering a 2020 GT500 but then one morning I woke up and realized that this may be my very last chance to own a newly designed Mustang before I end up in the dirt therefore started looking for an allocation starting July 17th and got very fortunate to find a car in late July.

Based on recent communication with people in the know my car will unfortunately not be assembled until next Spring therefore I am in the same boat as you and nothing that I can do about it and will also try to be patient during the process just as I had to be with my 2015 GT350 as it took a long time to receive that car as well.

Who knows maybe our cars will go down the FRAP right next to each other and have chassis numbers that are very close together.

Good luck and hope that your 2 seat CFTP car is one of the first Mustangs in the Mod Shop next Spring and that my car is right behind yours!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored