bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Actually out of all the cars I've had this one is pretty docile. I have probably close to 1000hp at the crank and my 16yr old daughter can punch it and maintain control. With all the nannies on, these cars are pretty tame.
Any messurements from a Dyno as 1000hp with just a whipple is not exactly possible nor is possible with the Gen3 from what I have read and seen. I think on Pony Wars they made it to 850hp at the crank and this totally screwed the A10 transmission. Your car is also A10 so unless you somehow revisit the transmission 1000hp crank seems impossible.
Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Any messurements from a Dyno as 1000hp with just a whipple is not exactly possible nor is possible with the Gen3 from what I have read and seen. I think on Pony Wars they made it to 850hp at the crank and this totally screwed the A10 transmission. Your car is also A10 so unless you somehow revisit the transmission 1000hp crank seems impossible.
Mine made 750whp on a mustang dyno in 6th gear. the clutches were slipping in 7th, so backed off. It was making 50ish more hp until the slip in 7th. so that's 800whp on a MUSTANG dyno. On a dynojet it would've been 880ish likely. 15% drivetrain loss puts that over 1000 at the crank. Lots of ricer math, but still.

You're definitely misinformed. Plenty of A10 cars on a whipple making 1000whp.

As a matter of fact, as soon as I get clutches and a converter the plan is 1000whp.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine made 750whp on a mustang dyno in 6th gear. the clutches were slipping in 7th, so backed off. It was making 50ish more hp until the slip in 7th. so that's 800whp on a MUSTANG dyno. On a dynojet it would've been 880ish likely. You're definitely misinformed. Plenty of A10 cars on a whipple making 1000whp
800 whp is solid for sure. As I said what I watched from Pony wars was A10 trowing gears but it could be just poor build to be fair. Your car from what I have read on your build tread seams insane and everything done by the book. As I mentioned I just doubt the 1000hp crank but overall really solid build.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
800 on a mustang dyno is comparable to 870-880 on a dynojet. With 15% drivetrain loss that would be close to 1000 at the crank. Mustang dynos consistently read 12% lower than dynojet and most everyone shooting for dyno numbers will be using a dynojet.

Mine was tuned on a Mustang dyno as it's much better suited for tuning due to being able to adjust load at any rpm.

Either way, if my 17yr old daughter can handle the car, most people should be able to keep it out of the ditch with the nannies on.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Either way, if my 17yr old daughter can handle the car, most people should be able to keep it out of the ditch with the nannies on.
With upgraded suspension and wider tires yes with stock PS4s at 275 and stock suspension I highly doubt that you can control it. I almost ended in a ditch with my stock car as it was wet and I was driving 130 km/h and the car hydroplaned scariest moment in my life. Your car is amazingly build which is why is so easy to be controlled with a cheap build this will not work out.

Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
With upgraded suspension and wider tires yes with stock PS4s at 275 and stock suspension I highly doubt that you can control it. I almost ended in a ditch with my stock car as it was wet and I was driving 130 km/h and the car hydroplaned scariest moment in my life. Your car is amazingly build which is why is so easy to be controlled with a cheap build this will not work out.
You could very well be right.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
You didn't mention your skill level. Can you weld? Can you turn a wrench? If you are a DIYer this is obtainable, otherwise, not at all. The cheapest way is probably the same as any other ultra low budget build. Flipped manifolds (can coyote manifolds even be flipped?) with EBay turbos. Wanna get ultra cheap? How about 9th and 10th injectors mounted in the intake piping running off a hobbs switch. Not the kind of build I would do to a car as expensive as a S550 but to each his own.

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Troll post?

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Damn.. lol...
Can OP wrench?
Get the machined Predator (2020 GT500) block:
M-6010-M52B
$2500 possibly less depending if you shop around.
You will need the head kit and your stock heads might need light machining.
Swap over all your stock motors parts/heads and you will need new pistons and rods for the larger bore.

Get that all running.
Then get a TT kit.

Or try that on stock motor E85 with a TT kit and prey it stays together....
But if it goes you will need another service long block at $5500 ish and it wont last any longer.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I want to make a 1000hp mustang doesn’t matter to the wheels or crank I just want that 4 digit.

I want to achieve this in the cheapest most budget way possible I don’t need to hear why I shouldn’t or I’m dumb and I have to spend 20k on a built motor.. just don’t even leave a comment I want to be on a stock block, for cost reasons & stock everything as much as possible unless I absolutely have to upgrade it like a drive shaft or something and at that as long as I’m not lunching it the stock drive shaft should work right?, I’m not going to drag this car only roll races at 60 mph just to be safe on my stock rear end

I have a 2017 gt with the Roush phase 1, it’s only at 670 crank I just bought vmp 767 kit and people are pulling 680ish whp. Then I know the gen 3 head unit can get 700whp or more on the biggest pulley and no upgrades... so I’m thinking of using the 767kit set up on the gen 3 with e85 shouldn’t that get me over 850whp? Then what would I have to do? Fuel pump? Bigger injectors? Upgrade the clutch to what stage? I don’t wanna spend the money on building the trans either Bc vmp has a 1050whp just with an upgraded clutch...
Oh God.................:beer:

OP
OP
Pbenz

Pbenz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benz
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
This.
Pick a tuner and ask them what works. I guess you might want to use that power? If so, add these items
1) Clutch
2) Drive shaft
3) Axles
4) Drag radials

Punching it at 80+ and having the car try to swap ends isn’t fun.

Cheers,

I’m gonna upgrade the clutch and half shafts do I have to do the dramive? & I already have DR
Sponsored