Sponsored

Edelbrock 2650 Warranty 2019 GT goes to the track!

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It definitely will not handle E85. A fuel system will be required for E85.
Whipple has been saying that since the Gen 5s first released. I'm not saying it won't happen but it stinks for the people who got the Gen 5 expecting it "coming soon" only to be skipped for the Gen 6. I was almost one of those people and I would have been pissed.
I get it, I would be kinda pissed too but could u imagine a complete Whipple Gen 6 setup to run a flex tune, that's 50 state legal

Man would they sell a big amount of those kits, but I bet they would be easily 10/11k plus.

Still that would be badass
Sponsored

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
It would be a game changer for sure. I hope it happens soon to put pressure on the aftermarket tuners to create flextunes for forced induction. I heard it was passing Cali emisions holding everything up. Hopefully they get it sorted or just sell a 49 state kit.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It would be a game changer for sure. I hope it happens soon to put pressure on the aftermarket tuners to create flextunes for forced induction. I heard it was passing Cali emisions holding everything up. Hopefully they get it sorted or just sell a 49 state kit.

I heard the same thing
We shall see, I’ve decided to wait it out another 3-6 months, hopefully it will be released.

At that point it would be the kit to end all kits, I wouldn’t pulley it down to get max power, I just like the idea of being able to run E85 at the track for safety reasons. Don’t get me wrong canned 93 tunes r great for basic power but to get an additional 30-60 RW just by running E85 would be a game changer and if Whipple actually does a flex tune in this upcoming kit, i’m all in

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I agree it would be the kit to get. Just for the safety of the engine. I would not increase boost either, just timing.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Boost Box shows it was delivered. Anyone have a link to details on the hookup of a boost gauge. I've been told it's on the drivers side rear of the head unit back by the firewall and it's tight. I'm guessing I'll need some sort of 90* elbow, then run a vacuum line through the firewall? If someone knew the size of the elbow to buy I'd appreciate it.

Sponsored

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
20190913_091907.jpg
1/4'' fitting

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I'm guessing that picture was taken before the supercharger was installed? lol Edelbrock told me it was 1/8" NPT - does that sound right?

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
You said u don't care about warranty, go with a Whipple Stage II tuner kit and have Lund tune the setup

You’ll gain 60rw over the Whipple canned tune

Now if u want the warranty then yes, go Stage II with the canned tune
Buy a Whipple Stage2 with the Whipple Tune( Best Customer Service) and run 10.80ET.I know for a fact because I have one.Be prepared to spend over a $1000 if you want a aftermarket tune along with a lot of headache.

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
Sorry hit the wrong key.
The supercharger manifold includes a 1/8 NPT port to accommodate the installation of a boost gauge or pressure transducer. Remove the plug and replace it with a fitting to attach your gauge or sensor.

Sponsored

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
I installted the fitiing before putting the TVS on the car and was able to connect the line on the car.I just took a look and yes there is room to remove the plug and install the fitting while on the car.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll find out this weekend as long as nothing else comes up.

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll find out this weekend as long as nothing else comes up.
I did it after the install on mine. It was a PITA, and I lost a lot of skin on the cowl brace, but it's doable.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I did it after the install on mine. It was a PITA, and I lost a lot of skin on the cowl brace, but it's doable.
How many shots did it take to get the right amount of teflon so the elbow faces the right direction when it's tight? lol
Sponsored