2019GT budget twin turbo build

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am far from an expert in flow but it seems like the two charge pipes might fight against each other. I guess the intercooler will be the path of least resistance though. I am looking forward to seeing the results.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I am far from an expert in flow but it seems like the two charge pipes might fight against each other. I guess the intercooler will be the path of least resistance though. I am looking forward to seeing the results.
If I had it to do over I would probably go with a twin entry I/C just for ease of plumbing, but even that bottle necks down to the single entry at the throttle body.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
If I had it to do over I would probably go with a twin entry I/C just for ease of plumbing, but even that bottle necks down to the single entry at the throttle body.
I think the bottleneck is fine but normally merged pipes are flowing in the same direction. In your setup they are against each other. It may not matter since the path of least resistance is the intercooler. It will be a nice setup when you are finished with it.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I think the bottleneck is fine but normally merged pipes are flowing in the same direction. In your setup they are against each other. It may not matter since the path of least resistance is the intercooler. It will be a nice setup when you are finished with it.
It just looks like they are flowing against each other. There is a smooth transition where the 2 2.5” pipes merge into the 3” piece right at the intercooler. I’ll try to get a picture of it later

Sponsored

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Unfortunately I’m putting the build on hold probably until after the new year. I’ve got about %80 of the fab work done. I just have the passenger side waste gate to hang. The exhaust to plumb, and the fuel system upgrades. The problem with all that is I’m spending way too much time at work. I have a hard enough time just dealing with the work week . Anyway it will get done some time next year, but for now the headers and exhaust are back on and it’s parked in my driveway.

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Unfortunately I’m putting the build on hold probably until after the new year. I’ve got about %80 of the fab work done. I just have the passenger side waste gate to hang. The exhaust to plumb, and the fuel system upgrades. The problem with all that is I’m spending way too much time at work. I have a hard enough time just dealing with the work week . Anyway it will get done some time next year, but for now the headers and exhaust are back on and it’s parked in my driveway.
That unfortunate you have done the hardest part of the fabrication the rest is pretty smooth.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
It’s just temporary. There’s a bit more to the story but nothing I’m going to get into on a public forum.
Sponsored