Sponsored

About to order... need insight

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So I am about to install MAK cat deletes on my car in three weeks. I currently have roush axlebacks with ford racing resonator delete x pipe. Im also whipple supercharged, which made the car twice as loud as it was NA. Im going to order some type of resonated x pipe/resonator for the car. So far these two have been the most popular and Im considering one of them

1.https://www.cjponyparts.com/magnafl...stainless-steel-clamp-in-gt-2015-2019/p/XPG1/
2.https://www.americanmuscle.com/borla-touring-resonator-muffer-1517-gt.html

Based on your guys' experience, which one should I go with. I want the car to be louder than it was with the cats on but don't want too much rasp that comes with the cat deletes. I dont want the car to be the same sound level or less with any of these resonators on.
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i went too loud after adding headers and ended up with the magnaflow resonated x pipe and it turned out good. toned down my rasp cut down on the volume a bit. its still loud but deafening. has more of a tone instead of just volume imo

OP
OP
Devil5oh

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
i went too loud after adding headers and ended up with the magnaflow resonated x pipe and it turned out good. toned down my rasp cut down on the volume a bit. its still loud but deafening. has more of a tone instead of just volume imo
How much volume did it cut out when installing that tru x?

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I have MAK cat deletes and Roush A/B's. When I bolted on the cat deletes, I had an x-pipe with the Roush A/B's.

When I combined the cat deletes with the x-pipe..., the car was absophuckinlootly, reedonkulas, wake-the-dead loud. The rasp was intolerable!

The cold-start with that combo was summon the Gods of War loud. NASCARish.

I added the Borla/FP resonator and it made my car a joy to drive. My car is LOUD, but not obnoxious. The resonator eliminated the rasp.

With my current set-up, I can listen to music or have a normal conversation while cruising down the interstate at 75mph. No drone. No rasp.

But when I breath a little on that long, skinny pedal on the very right, my car goes into ballistic mode.

Jekyll & Hyde

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
naturally im dumb and didnt get videos of everything before and after but it reduces the volume quite a bit. car is still very loud but not nascar loud like before. i started off xpipe and roush axle backs like voodoo here and then added headers and it was stupid loud. hurt my ears make everyone hate me set off car alarms loud. after the tru x its still loud but tolerable. loud enough still that using bluetooth to talk on the phone is still difficult. but i can have convos in the car just fine. but the tru x got rid of the rasp and toned it down so you can actually here the exhaust tone and not just sheer noise.

OP
OP
Devil5oh

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
naturally im dumb and didnt get videos of everything before and after but it reduces the volume quite a bit. car is still very loud but not nascar loud like before. i started off xpipe and roush axle backs like voodoo here and then added headers and it was stupid loud. hurt my ears make everyone hate me set off car alarms loud. after the tru x its still loud but tolerable. loud enough still that using bluetooth to talk on the phone is still difficult. but i can have convos in the car just fine. but the tru x got rid of the rasp and toned it down so you can actually here the exhaust tone and not just sheer noise.
Did it cut down volume by more than like 30%? Also, the car is still a little louder than before the cat deletes were installed right?

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Did it cut down volume by more than like 30%?
Only at cruising rpm or when the engine is under little load during low throttle inputs. When the car is in full-boogie mode, it is still ridiculously loud.

Also, the car is still a little louder than before the cat deletes were installed right?
CORRECT
Sponsored