mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
As a loyal Mustang owner, I have tolerated manufacturing short comings for a long time. Thru the years as Ford has produced each generation there were inherent problems with each series, the problems mainly easy to fix or tolerate.

My gripe is with the 2015 and 2016 Mustangs. Ford knows there is a manufacturer defect in the A/C Evaporator behind the dash, and if your like many owners, our Mustangs are weekend warriors. That being said, it take quite a while to clock real mileage on the odometer. So at four years old and 18,000, my A/C system went out. The repair estimate is upwards of $3,000.00. Being out of warranty, I have no other recourse but to get it fixed at my expense. Now I am able to make
the repairs myself at around a $1,000.00 in parts, but I shouldn't need to with only 18,000 miles.

I am curious how many other owners have faced this issue, whether under warranty or out of pocket.

I completely understand if it were a performance part damaged from aduse, but were are looking at life of the vehicle parts failure, that can get pretty expensive to repair.

Based on the feedback, it will be the basis to contact Ford to try and get a resolution to the issue. If Ford won't help, then I am willing to go thru the due diligence and push the issue. As loyal Ford customers we should not have to pay the price for a manufacturing defect.

Your support might get this fixed, because if you haven't experienced the problem yet, wait for the bill when you are out of warranty. 18,000 miles really.
20190629_164538.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I was "lucky" enough to have it happen at year 1.5 and 18,000 miles. Warranty covered it. That made me decide to buy an ESP at about 35,000 miles. I am now covered to 100,000 miles and 8 years.

OP
OP
mustangguy88

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There are a few massive threads on this in the repair section. Will have all the information/answers you need.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forums/issues-repairs-warranty-tsb-recalls.102/

Exactly... and many owners have paid completely out of pocket. Some owners have called the Ford 800# and demanded relief, where some have benefited from a reduced repair bill only after the Customer has complained.

And don’t feel singled out at only 18k miles - some folks have had evap failures on brand new 2015-2017 S550’s with extremely low miles. Also some folks have had their EVAP cores replaced 3x....

Consider yourself “lucky” to some degree...

It was mentioned in the main thread about a CA suit - but someone has to initialize it by finding an Attorney who will bite... will you be up to the task, because no one else has done it (yet).

Sponsored

OP
OP
mustangguy88

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
That is the reason for starting this thread. I am trying to reach out to Mustang owners that have been affected, either out of pocket or under warranty. That way I can develop a strong footing to present to a reputable attorney. As a consumer, I am fed up with useless apologizes, for once I would like to assumption of responsibility, the same, as if you miss a car payment and get harrassed until you pay the bill.

OP
OP
mustangguy88

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
For those willing to work with me on this issue, below is Ford's consumer affairs mailing address.

Ford Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126

If millions of New York kids can take a day out of school to protest. Please take a few minutes to write a letter. Collectively we can get a response.

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
You might check out the F150 forums also. They had evaporator troubles. Maybe they have a class action going.

OP
OP
mustangguy88

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the heads up. I will start researching in that direction as well.

Sponsored

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
I had the coil replaced in my 2013 F150. Covered under warranty though. We had a shit load of trouble with residential coils leaking. Bad solder joints. Take a guess where they were made, yep Mexico.

Dortzs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, PP, 50 yrpks.2016 Saleen BLK LB
I have had my A/C replaced 3 times . At around 25k , 38k and 88k . I bought the extended warranty so I paid nothing out of pocket . However my warranty is about to expire at 100k . Once it expires I am very concern of my A/C goes out again .

lint28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost w/PP - Now its a 2016 GT w/PP!!!
I had a 2015 and the AC went out. The car had 66k miles on it. I ended up adding freon every other week to keep the AC cold. The engine blew before i had a chance fix the air so now i drive a 2016. Im REALLY hoping the evaporator doesn't go bad!!!

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
Driverside just went out 2 weeks ago, passenger side soon, and out of warranty... 2016 25k miles

Can you get the extended warranty after yours expires?

OP
OP
mustangguy88

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
Driverside just went out 2 weeks ago, passenger side soon, and out of warranty... 2016 25k miles

Can you get the extended warranty after yours expires?
I was offered an extended warranty as a formality, prior to this happening. But due to the extensive modifications to car the, they declined the offer.

You might be able to the the coverage provided they don't do a vehicle inspection.
Good luck.
Sponsored