Sponsored

Installs On The Stage 2 Edelbrock 2650 Are Going Down!

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
The ball end allen will help quite a bit.
Some said it was a nightmare. I would think everyone would have ball end allens if you were going to install this kit yourself. I work on elevators and escalators for a living and random people tell me almost everyday my job is their nightmare. So maybe it isn’t as bad as made out to be.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Some said it was a nightmare. I would think everyone would have ball end allens if you were going to install this kit yourself. I work on elevators and escalators for a living and random people tell me almost everyday my job is their nightmare. So maybe it isn’t as bad as made out to be.
The ball end makes it “possible”.
The problem is that you’re trying to fit a bolt into a thread that’s angled slightly upward, with almost no room to get the actual bolt into the gap between cam covers and the rail, while holding the rail down HARD with your other hand, while your other other hand tries to keep the light aimed somewhere at the hole you can’t really see...
It’s not impossible, but it’s certainly not a walk in the park either.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Two people definitely help. One to hold the rails down HARD with a lot of pressure while the other tightens. The included brackets that hold the injectors in place are also very brittle, they will bend and move with ease while trying to get the rails aligned.

In my case, I also had to replace all the factory o-rings on the factory injectors, top rail side. They were all too loose for my liking.

Also, my bolts weren't allen caps, mine were standard 10mm headed bolts. Maybe I used the wrong ones? Not sure, they were the right thread and perfect length. If/when I upgrade the injectors, I probably will switch to allen caps and use the ball tip allen bits to make it easier.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Two people definitely help. One to hold the rails down HARD with a lot of pressure while the other tightens. The included brackets that hold the injectors in place are also very brittle, they will bend and move with ease while trying to get the rails aligned.

In my case, I also had to replace all the factory o-rings on the factory injectors, top rail side. They were all too loose for my liking.

Also, my bolts weren't allen caps, mine were standard 10mm headed bolts. Maybe I used the wrong ones? Not sure, they were the right thread and perfect length. If/when I upgrade the injectors, I probably will switch to allen caps and use the ball tip allen bits to make it easier.
You used the right bolts. I swapped mine out for a M6x16 (from memory) SHCS. It was obvious to me that the SHCS was going to be a LOT easier to install than a traditional bolt. Why Edelbrock don’t supply them is beyond me.

Tickitty Tock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Kona Blue
Good luck finding an aftermarket tune that can clear the O2 and HO2 monitors that the smog machine verifies as passing through the OBD2 connection. It may run just as clean as OEM, but there is some magic that happens when you have OEM support when writing a tune, it seems the aftermarket tuning guys are still guessing at how to make it run “just right” to get these two monitors to pass the test.
Theoretically, to pass SMOG, couldn’t you just load up the stock EB tune and then smog it ? And then just load back the aftermarket tune after passing ?

Sponsored

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Theoretically, to pass SMOG, couldn’t you just load up the stock EB tune and then smog it ? And then just load back the aftermarket tune after passing ?
Yes, that is how it is done. Depending on how well the EB tune works for me, I may see what AED in Sacramento area can do.

Anyone know if the JLT Whipple Pass side AOS works with the EB kit? Looks close.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I pay $100 for 5 gallons of MS109 and $15.00 for 5 gallons of 92 octane and for that reason I empty the tank at the drag way,I install my race gas mix and remove what is left for next the next test and tune.Takes no time at all to be safe.
Does MS109 mix well with pump gas I'd like one pass that's for sure not octane limited to see if it still hammers the pistons? Thx

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I can physically take my car to their shop. Live 20 minutes away but need to see if they are willing to tune for the EB kit first.
Shaun @ AED is awesome to work with. Performance and service to boot.

Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Does MS109 mix well with pump gas I'd like one pass that's for sure not octane limited to see if it still hammers the pistons? Thx
I think it works great and I use it at the track only when running my mustang at the track with the Whipple Tune for safty.My best times 10.75ET 132MPH 1.59 Sixty Foot

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I think it works great and I use it at the track only when running my mustang at the track with the Whipple Tune for safty.My best times 10.75ET 132MPH 1.59 Sixty Foot
I'd like to be COMPLETELY for sure NOT octane limited ONE time before it let's go to SEE rule that out..
Though it's made to work on.91 or 93 couldnt hurt good info for them even

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yep, that would work if it all works as advertised. I remember Procharger on here saying their tune can take a few thousand miles to trigger a pass. Might need to plan for that if the EB tune works the same way.

OP
OP
Dalton@Evolution

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
Yep, that would work if it all works as advertised. I remember Procharger on here saying their tune can take a few thousand miles to trigger a pass. Might need to plan for that if the EB tune works the same way.
19 EB Stage 2 kit SMOG kit we just did had set the monitors in a day or so.
Sponsored