Sponsored

Paxton + Converter videos

slowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang A6 5.0
Got around to finishing my Paxton install and I'm pretty happy so far! I will give a short run down of the car for whoever is curious.

Beefcake Paxton 2200
JLT CAI
SP Headers
Resonator delete (X Pipe)
Stock mufflers
Lund Ngauge
93 Octane
Circle D 3C
3.15 Gears
13-14 GT500 55lb injectors

First hit while logging I had a really bad BOV flutter so I ended up loosening the BOV screw. Needless to say I loosened it too much and in the first hit I was leaking boost out the BOV. Tightened it back up and all the other videos shows it running much better!! I plan to load up the race tune and drop some Torco in it and see how it feels! Overall I'm pretty happy with the car.

I have been having a converter lock up issue and hope to get that solved this week. Converter should be locking up in 3RD and as you can see its not!!

[ame]
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
sounds good,

need either a track or more open area to really check converter lockup and that, especially if shes spinning. get some stickies on that thing and find a secluded area or track and get that puppy dialed in

OP
OP

slowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang A6 5.0
It is sitting on 305/45R17 ET street R's lol! The converter lock up issue has been an on going thing throwing P0741 a few times a day. Converter doesn't even lock up during normal driving!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I know this is 3 years old but got same code after only 5th pass on newly installed 10r80 converter

Just limped car home 70 miles and
I think I broke something in converter.
Codes are TCC codes .

Waited a couple of hours to make a pass hoping for decent air .
Normal burn out and car uncharacteristically spun real bad and I aborted the pass .
On return got a wrench light .
Backing up to pit noticed left back tire was leaking air and almost flat .

Thankfully I got some help and was able to plug the tire .
Car jerks in every gear but was able to limp it home leaving it 6th (drove best intangible gear and was not shifting but was was going 59 mph ).
Hoping I did not damage the transmission anymore by driving it but could not get a tow when I tried(at least for 3 hours )

I am so sick and tired ......This is the final straw .
I think my drag racing days are over.
DA4F1987-B381-467A-9815-C588408FB639.jpeg
426A8953-F3BA-409E-9CD7-D06EA1682AAC.jpeg

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Got around to finishing my Paxton install and I'm pretty happy so far! I will give a short run down of the car for whoever is curious.

Beefcake Paxton 2200
JLT CAI
SP Headers
Resonator delete (X Pipe)
Stock mufflers
Lund Ngauge
93 Octane
Circle D 3C
3.15 Gears
13-14 GT500 55lb injectors

First hit while logging I had a really bad BOV flutter so I ended up loosening the BOV screw. Needless to say I loosened it too much and in the first hit I was leaking boost out the BOV. Tightened it back up and all the other videos shows it running much better!! I plan to load up the race tune and drop some Torco in it and see how it feels! Overall I'm pretty happy with the car.

I have been having a converter lock up issue and hope to get that solved this week. Converter should be locking up in 3RD and as you can see its not!!

[ame]
Were you able to adjust the BOV by removing the fender liner and reaching in or does the bumper have to be off?

Need to potentially tighten mine like you did for yours as I have a ton of flutter as well but I don't want to remove the bumper if I don't have to (clips are hanging on for dear life).

Sponsored

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
I know this is 3 years old but got same code after only 5th pass on newly installed 10r80 converter

Codes are TCC codes .

Normal burn out and car uncharacteristically spun real bad and I aborted the pass .

Car jerks in every gear but was able to limp it home leaving it 6th (drove best intangible gear and was not shifting but was was going 59 mph ).
Hoping I did not damage the transmission anymore by driving it but could not get a tow when I tried(at least for 3 hours )

Sounds like there is something wrong, maybe a bad converter from circle d.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt

Codes are TCC codes .

You can’t catch a break.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
You can’t catch a break.
Lol . No such luck. Lol
Hellion car is going be listed for sale if you know anyone .
Has predator based stock compression short block (non sleeved ) with the longer 12 mm head studs .. so less chance of head lift .
GT 350 heads /cams . Motor has may be 1000 miles - break in and dyno - 1100 @13 psi

Then ... Previously built 6r80 broke on dyno .

Freshly rebuilt but this time with planetary gears .

Should be a high 8 second car but no way I am going to find out . Lol

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like there is something wrong, maybe a bad converter from circle d.
Yup . Just hoping thats all . Swapped back stock converter and replaced valve body . I have not driven it yet as want to make sure lines are flushed real good .
2E866CE3-BC27-47D2-B35F-F11B425811BA.jpeg

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 5c on n/a set up before I went boosted now that I'm boosted that converter was way to loose so I removed it and sold it to an enthusiast. never had any issues with it. I decided to try an FTI stall speed converter with a lower stall speed for better drivability and wow its a great product it locks up around 3200rpm..perfect for my D1x ...FTI is a reputable converter / trans building Company.
Sponsored