GT 350 just got crushed by the C8

Status
Not open for further replies.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
If you had such bad experiences with Corvettes then why did you continue to buy them? I'm not trying to challenge your story. But I've never seen such a report from a person who has owned several Corvettes let alone 4 in the past 15 years. Were they high mileage used? Salvage? Do you just have horrible luck? Were you racing them? DD? Modding them? How long did you own them for and what specific issues did you have. It just seems odd that someone would have problems with 4 of them.
Nah, not real junk. Just compared to the GT350. :rockon: The OP said "I get annoyed by all the people that talk about how great a car is and never even sat in one let alone drove one". I was validating my opinion. Not bragging on what I've owned.

My point simply, I've owned quite a few different cars and the Shelby is hands down one of the best I've driven. And I do track it as well as drive it on the street. The Vettes, while fun to drive, weren't as exhilarating to own. And they all had their quirks.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
This is getting to be too much, Jim,Norm, others who really know something about cars try to help this forum be somewhere many of us come to keep up or learn more about our ponies. People who bash on knowledge deserve their own "Bliss", or ignorance. But I digress. Lol.
The problem is when people don't or can't understand that their opinions and rationalizations are just that theirs. Then personally attack anyone who disagrees calling people or their cars names. It really is funny to see. It really all just comes down to their maturity level. Kinda like the bully mentality they aren't so secure in their own decisions so they have to attack you. The real funny thing is on the Corvette forum this really never happens.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Having had seat time as an owner since 2005 in 4 Vettes, 3 Mustang GTs, a 16 Camaro SS, a 17 ZL1 and an 18 GT350, I sure hope the C8 at east offers more than past Vettes in the terms of quality. Otherwise mid-engine Vette, junk, too. Pretty junk, but junk.
ZL1.jpg
Shelby 1.jpg
LS.jpg
vettegt.jpg
Fool me once shame on you, fool me 2,3 and 4 times shame on me.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Having had seat time as an owner since 2005 in 4 Vettes, 3 Mustang GTs, a 16 Camaro SS, a 17 ZL1 and an 18 GT350, I sure hope the C8 at east offers more than past Vettes in the terms of quality. Otherwise mid-engine Vette, junk, too. Pretty junk, but junk.
ZL1.jpg
Shelby 1.jpg
LS.jpg
vettegt.jpg
Wow that is unfortunate that it took you 14 years and 10 cars to find one that fit your needs. glad it all worked out for you in the end. I drove a C7 a few times and new it was a no go, same for the 350, all it took for the Camaro was to sit in it and that was out.That would seem like quite a bit of depreciation you had going there. I guess there could be a lot said for a little due diligence and the old test drive. Maybe I was just luckier than you

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow that is unfortunate that it took you 14 years and 10 cars to find one that fit your needs. glad it all worked out for you in the end. I drove a C7 a few times and new it was a no go, same for the 350, all it took for the Camaro was to sit in it and that was out.That would seem like quite a bit of depreciation you had going there. I guess there could be a lot said for a little due diligence and the old test drive. Maybe I was just luckier than you
Thanks but a test drive does nothing for me. Oh, and I plan on picking up an 18 or 19 ZO6 as soon as the bottom finishes dropping out on the C7s. So shame on me, 5 times.:sun:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
How is buying the same vehicle with faults over and over a bad thing here?

im about 99% sure the GOOD out weighs the bad thus the reason the guy keeps buying vettes.

Same reason we keep buying Mustangs. I tell you what personally I think the Mustang interior quality is garbage even on both S550s ive had and the panel fitment on my white 2018 is worse than a 5 year old kia optima. LOL.

However the good its an american v8 the 10 speed is awesome and the aftermarket is gigantic thats why i have a mustang.

Bashing a dude for buying multiple vettes is pretty ignorant. Go drive a C6 or C7 for a week then report back. Dont be whining about the interior either certian things we all know suck.

Again the good far out weighs the bad.

The good out weighs the bad so much so in both my S550s i drive them year round.

Example. My idiot friends. "You drive a brand new mustang in the winter?"

Damn straight. Old man winter be damned Dress for the season. I rock a set of Nokian snow tires that are worth their weight in gold and laugh at all the 4x4 SUVs and pickups I see in the ditches. Hows that 4 wheel drive on junk all seasons treating you clowns? LMFAO!

With heated seats auto start and snow tires why not drive it in the winter? The cars nothing special rock snow tires and send it with zero regrets the last 3 winters. I even coach hockey and put 25k miles on my 2018 in 14 months ive had it.

The point here is the good far out weighs the bad. And most people with half a brain can change the setup or fix certian things they dont like to make owning said vehicle worth it in the first place.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks but a test drive does nothing for me.
That is very obvious from your purchase history.

I plan on picking up an 18 or 19 ZO6 as soon as the bottom finishes dropping out on the C7s. So shame on my 5 times.:sun:
I keep hearing about the bottom dropping out of the C7 and except for a few large dealers like Kerbeck giving deep discounts on new ones I have not seen it. I too am thinking of picking up a C7 Z06 also if the price is right but has not happened so far. At Manhiem the C7 is still selling at consistent wholesale prices except for the routine drop due to time of year. Used prices are still strong. A local dealer just sold a 17 C7 base with under 1000 miles on it for $41500 he could have bought a new one at kerbeck for $44500. The buyer also did not believe in test drives as he bought the car sight unseen and had it shipped to upstate NY.

So shame on my 5 times.
Makes perfect sense.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
What is your point other than hatin on what someone else does with their wallet? LOL

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
except for a few large dealers like Kerbeck giving deep discounts on new ones I have not seen it
The C7 series is 20% off (exact same as Kerbeck) here in northern VA. Actually Lindsay Chevolet and Ted Britt are 22% off. 20% off hardly qualifies as "deep" discount in my book. 30% off like all the F150's in this area is getting there - ignoring for the moment the F150 pricing is preposterous to begin with and 30% off is where the trucks should have been priced from day one.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is very obvious from your purchase history.

I keep hearing about the bottom dropping out of the C7 and except for a few large dealers like Kerbeck giving deep discounts on new ones I have not seen it. I too am thinking of picking up a C7 Z06 also if the price is right but has not happened so far. At Manhiem the C7 is still selling at consistent wholesale prices except for the routine drop due to time of year. Used prices are still strong. A local dealer just sold a 17 C7 base with under 1000 miles on it for $41500 he could have bought a new one at kerbeck for $44500. The buyer also did not believe in test drives as he bought the car sight unseen and had it shipped to upstate NY.
I's not there yet. It will take at least another 6-12 mos.

And my idea of a good buy is a used vehicle with around a 1000 miles. I don't take the hit. I only benefit off the other guy's loss.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Thanks but a test drive does nothing for me. Oh, and I plan on picking up an 18 or 19 ZO6 as soon as the bottom finishes dropping out on the C7s. So shame on me, 5 times.:sun:
Well you do what works best for you. But when you compare the Vette to the GT350, is that the R you're talking about? And what specifically on the Vette makes it junk compared to the Shelby? And if it is junk to you then why not buy 5 GT350s instead of junk Corvettes? Even if it is junk and even if you get a used one with low miles you still arepaying over $70,000 for the vehicle. And judging by the amount of cars you claim to have bought in such a short period of time you still are losing money on them. If the Shelby is that superior then I'm not sure what reason you have for wanting a Z06. Nobody pays $70,000 for a car that they consider junk compared to a different car that is cheaper that they could buy unless there is something that they favor. Perhaps the performance? I'm just finding it a bit difficult to take your story seriously.
1u1znSqyNy2m6JvkDHGOnL35UjnCqxyjQeKDtv59Ls_x9JLgV0G9So8GZzOX87txylXoldE4&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-1.jpg

10 c8s flooded aww how sad
They are probably fine as long as the engine, electronic components, or wiring harnesses are not submerged. That water looks like it doesn't even cover the entire wheel wells. So I don't see any issues there. I've had plenty cars in the past in that kind of flooding and there were no problems.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.