Any ATV people out there??

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I just purchased a Can Am Outlander MAX XT 1000cc Limited. This thing is wonderful. It has a built in compressor for the standard Fox air ride shocks. Front and rear passenger hand warmers. Standard GPS. Optional read cargo box. Optional front windshield. Standard full gauge package. Standard 3500lb winch. Full legal 2up seating with backrest. Upgraded rims and tires.

This thing is a beast. More power than I will ever need, but ya can’t go wrong with the 1000cc V-twin.

Looking at a dual exhaust setup already. :rockon:
434CDE61-9DAD-418B-B30C-A4A5E19CECF5.jpeg
E6396509-8BC3-434F-AFAE-4B2BBE63AA58.jpeg
4CBA5349-7369-4D00-9D3D-135ADCE95F1C.jpeg
6D742774-71DB-4527-A8B6-9651AB3213DA.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Holy moly that thing is a tank!!! I’ve been in the sport atv scene since the 90’s.

Here’s my pair
D484627C-2D24-4F7A-953B-FE8817ED9C8A.jpeg
495985EB-B83F-4FA6-9F02-A7051C34FB44.jpeg

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Holy moly that thing is a tank!!!
Lol. It is a tank for sure!! It was more bike than I was looking for, but the deal was so good I just couldn’t pass it up.

I was looking for a 650-850 cc range. Two of my buddies have 1000s and have never had the need to full open the throttle. So I was looking to go a little smaller. But when a great deal looks ya square in the face, ya just gotta do it. And really...... Is there such a thing as too much displacement. :sunglasses:

It’s a Cadillac of bikes for sure. It’s still at the dealership. Picking it up early next week. :)

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Congrats on the buy! I’m with you in the good deals! Very hard to pass up. Glad to see it comes with a winch, that’s my most used tool on the RZR!

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Congrats on the buy! I’m with you in the good deals! Very hard to pass up. Glad to see it comes with a winch, that’s my most used tool on the RZR!
The winch is/was a definite. This bike is approx 900lbs without any add-ons. So with the extras and a full tank of fuel, you’re looking at 1000lbs. May need that winch from time to time. Ha ha

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Thanx Bill. I recall the days of Honda trikes. :like:

Looking forward to some fun time next weekend. I am sure I will have great weekend. We were snowmobile people for years. So this isn’t really a big stretch from that.

And I was looking for comfort more than anything. And a side by side wasn’t the thing for me. Backwoods riding for me is all about the exploring and not the destination. And a 4x4 fits that bill more than a side by side.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Back in the day, we had every 3-wheeler Honda made. Started with the ATC 70, then the 110, 185, 200X, and then my brother went to the 250R. That was a hell of bike. Hondas were virtually indestructible back then. We were out on a motocross trach when one of the 200Xs gave out. Pulled it back to the trailer and found it completely out of oil. Pulled the drain plig and nothing came out. Ran up to the gas station and grabbed a quart. Put it in and the bike ran for another month or so before we pulled the motor for a rebuild. Riding on frozen ponds a blast. We even created the flaming jump of death. We shaped up a small pile of dirt pn one side of the street and would jump the bikes across the road. Someone got the bright idea of pouring gas all over the top and lighting it on fire. And viola, the flaming jump of death! Took the 250R to Texas for a stadium race. My brother had gotten interest from Team Honda, he was running in the pro class, but when dad told them he was 16, they kind of shyed away.

So much fun back then. My boys tried the dirt bike route, but soccer took over, and that became a full time endeavor.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
We crossed many a creek/river. Knees on the seat, throttle cranked. As long as we never let off the gas, never had an issue with water in the exhaust. We eent through some pretty deep stuff. Definitely floated down stream on some.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Used to be into ATVs, until the local trails were eventually all eaten up by development. Lost interest at that point since there was no real desire to trailer to ride and sold them.

I miss ATVing. And snowmobiling, which I got out of since snowfalls became so unpredictable in my neck of the woods. Better off to rent up north to get the fix.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I had a Kawasaki Mojave 250 back in the early 90’s and it was a blast. Maybe one day I’ll get another but currently I’m working at paying off my Road Glide.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Holy shit man, that things is CRAZY! Like the color :D
Thanx... I love the color too. I was gonna post it alongside your vert, but didn’t want to jack the thread. :rockon:

The colour is called “cognac”. I some light it could be orange, gold, yellow. Has metallic undertones. And with all the black on it, it looks great.

Gonna go for a ride tomorrow and hoping to get into some good mud holes and streams. Nothing a little water and soap can’t fix. :sunglasses:

If I get it really dirty I will get some pics and post em up.
Sponsored