Disable Keyless Entry?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Pouches work perfectly for me. Don't forget to put your second/spare fob in one as well, of course.
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I have pouches for all our RF keys and they work well, however...
Making it difficult is only going to foil the opportunistic perp. If the miscreant WANTS or NEEDS your car they will have it and it's not always wise to resist for the sake of an easily replaceable lump of metal.

Awright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Mondeo Titanium x Business Edition
IMG_0246.JPG
I always used to keep my keys hidden in the house at night and then I read somewhere that the best advice would be to leave them in plain sight. The thiefs could then get in and out without hurting anyone.
In my house they've got to get past security

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The car manufacturers should be taken to court over such a stupid system as keyless entry.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_0246.JPG
I always used to keep my keys hidden in the house at night and then I read somewhere that the best advice would be to leave them in plain sight. The thiefs could then get in and out without hurting anyone.
In my house they've got to get past security
Same here but I have two security measures... and they are pretty big...and fierce!

Sponsored

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
The car manufacturers should be taken to court over such a stupid system as keyless entry.
I would not go as far as that but manufactures should be obliged to offer a way of disabling keyless entry either in the car menus or for free at the dealer. I dont have a faraday pouch but I do have a Stoplock for parking in vulnerable areas, keep it garaged at home & keep the keys in a tin which does block the signal. This "convienience" feature is anything but that.

OP
OP
Pegasus

Pegasus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Mustang GT
Can anyone with a pouch confirm if the remote lock/unlock signal works through or is that blocked too?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can't get to the key when it is in its pouch

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sounds better than my homemade job.
Do you remember which pouch you bought?
I shall get one.
It was the Defender Signal Blocker. Also worth getting a steering wheel lock. Although defeats the point of the keyleok entry as need to get keys out to unlock it!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Very interesting. I'd think storing the keys in your home somewhere where the signal is totally blocked is the answer. Make some sort of faraday cage that is cheap and easy to use, and keep the keys there.

If it were me, I'd install an ignition disabler on the car too. A hidden switch that has to be thrown.

Sponsored

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
The dealer disabled keyless entry at no charge. Keyless start still works but now no worries about crooks with signal relay boosters whilst in a shop & no faffing with faraday pouch. Keyless entry is not a convenience feature it just makes the car easier to steal. At very least keep your keys at home in a tin with a lid.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer disabled keyless entry at no charge. Keyless start still works but now no worries about crooks with signal relay boosters whilst in a shop & no faffing with faraday pouch. Keyless entry is not a convenience feature it just makes the car easier to steal. At very least keep your keys at home in a tin with a lid.
I didn't know they could do that, I will get it done - keyless entry like you say is a waste of time

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Depends what you do with your key i guess....ignoring the security vulnerabilities, i think itā€™s a great, convenient feature. My key lives in that small coin pocket bit you get on jeans, and i never need to touch it. Much better than fumbling about with a key bunch of keys IMO (I donā€™t have many keys anyway)

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Not sure if any security is worth the bother, if the result is someone breaking into your house & "asking" for the keys.

Though terribly unfashionable of me, when at home, I actually park the GT in the garage & park the other car on the drive.

While out & about, I previously used the Ā£10 Halford pouches. However, they're small & not 100% effective, ime. I now use the pouches available through the Ford dealership network. A pair of pouches for Ā£25. Much better quality than the Halford item, slightly larger & 100% effective, so far.

While driving I have the empty pouch in my back pocket & keys in my front pocket.
It's a bit of a faff, but ho-hey, I live with it & I don't believe having keyless entry disabled, is now the answer. If the signal is replicated then one broken window later, the car is still started & driven away.

I believe Ford has or is about to release the next generation of keyless.
Unsure whether the new keys will prevent cloning & whether they can be programmed for our cars.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I read that the new keys ā€˜go to sleepā€™ if motionless for a few seconds and canā€™t be remotely ā€˜wokenā€™.
Sponsored