Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
It's pretty hard to screw up the tune bad enough to cause fuel trims like that unless the injector scaling was done wrong or something. To be clear, these are STFT's with the car fully warmed up? Are LTFT's disabled? Can you post some full logs here including some WOT, idle, and normal driving? Maybe someone will spot something.

Looking back through the thread, are you sure you got those spacer gaskets fixed so you don't have a leak?

You'd be surprised what can cause false knock. I have a whipple stage 2 and I once forgot to tighten my throttle body bolts more than hand tight and went around the block. One of them backed out most of the way and any medium throttle would instantly spike the knock correction.

Does the knock occur in any gear? I've noticed with my tune I often get some knock lightly accelerating from 2000 RPM in 6th gear, and it's really tough to tune out.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's pretty hard to screw up the tune bad enough to cause fuel trims like that unless the injector scaling was done wrong or something. To be clear, these are STFT's with the car fully warmed up? Are LTFT's disabled? Can you post some full logs here including some WOT, idle, and normal driving? Maybe someone will spot something.

Looking back through the thread, are you sure you got those spacer gaskets fixed so you don't have a leak?

You'd be surprised what can cause false knock. I have a whipple stage 2 and I once forgot to tighten my throttle body bolts more than hand tight and went around the block. One of them backed out most of the way and any medium throttle would instantly spike the knock correction.

Does the knock occur in any gear? I've noticed with my tune I often get some knock lightly accelerating from 2000 RPM in 6th gear, and it's really tough to tune out.
LTFTs are enabled.
Car drives “ok” but I wouldn’t say it’s good. The knock happens in any gear that I’ve used (1-4) but only once the load hits a certain point (or so it seems). It won’t do it at all in neutral, no matter the rpm, cruise is fine also.
I verified the spacers 100% on install but it may be worth revisiting them for potential leaks.
As to stuff being loose, I’ve gone over this thing with a fine tooth comb, for weeks. Nothing loose, nothing rattling.
I even pulled the plastic cowl panel off completely, removed the hood liner and took it for a drive. No change whatsoever.
I’ll grab a video of what happens typically.
How do I post a log?

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
One of the big ones unfortunately.
I'd like to think that "one of the big ones" know what their doing but I was surprised by the lack of knowledge of the one tuner I was talking with. He wasn't the owner but he was a employee, eitherway he seemed clueless about the edlebrock blower and the specifics of the stage 1 kit. I was totally put off by the lack of knowledge, if your a tuner you should know these kits inside and out. Another big tuner I talked to and the one I'll be giving my business to, knew exactly of my specific e-force kit. With all that said, I don't think it's the tune and if it is than shame on the tuner. I'm thinking it's something with the mass air sensor, a bad/clogged injectors, clogged fuel filter or even a bad fuel pump. What has changed other than the blower from your whipple set up? Could you be using something from the whipple set up that normally doesn't go with the e-force kit? I feel your frustration. Sometimes I wish I just did a custom build and tune from the get go but I'm kinda glad I installed just the base kit first so as I progress there's less things to chase as I upgrade. It sure would be nice if someone would just put together a awesome kit and tune in one package even if they sell it as off road only!

Last edited:

Mcgyver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic 6 Spd Manual
Do you have the stockEdelbrock tune? It may be worth trying a baseline from them to see if the issue cures ?

I was hoping this would go well as I want to put one of these blowers on my GT. These issues just reinforce my concerns about after market stuff on modern cars - to damn complicated!

Sponsored

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
LTFTs are enabled.
Car drives “ok” but I wouldn’t say it’s good. The knock happens in any gear that I’ve used (1-4) but only once the load hits a certain point (or so it seems). It won’t do it at all in neutral, no matter the rpm, cruise is fine also.
I verified the spacers 100% on install but it may be worth revisiting them for potential leaks.
As to stuff being loose, I’ve gone over this thing with a fine tooth comb, for weeks. Nothing loose, nothing rattling.
I even pulled the plastic cowl panel off completely, removed the hood liner and took it for a drive. No change whatsoever.
I’ll grab a video of what happens typically.
How do I post a log?
If your log is a csv file, you can use https://datazap.me/ to create charts very easily and then post a link. For some reason, I don't think the forum lets you post them without being in a zip file.

The knock correction has a minimum load to be active which you can set in the tune, so you're not likely to see knock in neutral unless you can get the load to spike with a sharp stab of the throttle.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the stockEdelbrock tune? It may be worth trying a baseline from them to see if the issue cures ?

I was hoping this would go well as I want to put one of these blowers on my GT. These issues just reinforce my concerns about after market stuff on modern cars - to damn complicated!
Unfortunately, I don’t. I couldn’t use it because of my injectors etc.
Don’t let this one thread stop you. My Whipple install was 99% pain free, as are most.
The only issue I had on that one was the TB specs.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If your log is a csv file, you can use https://datazap.me/ to create charts very easily and then post a link. For some reason, I don't think the forum lets you post them without being in a zip file.

The knock correction has a minimum load to be active which you can set in the tune, so you're not likely to see knock in neutral unless you can get the load to spike with a sharp stab of the throttle.
Cool. thanks for the info :thumbsup:
A few logs here.
https://datazap.me/u/burkey75/log-1569034982?log=0&data=2-10-14-15-17-28
https://datazap.me/u/burkey75/log-1569034982?log=1&data=2
https://datazap.me/u/burkey75/log-1569034982?log=2&data=2

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to think that "one of the big ones" know what their doing but I was surprised by the lack of knowledge of the one tuner I was talking with. He wasn't the owner but he was a employee, eitherway he seemed clueless about the edlebrock blower and the specifics of the stage 1 kit. I was totally put off by the lack of knowledge, if your a tuner you should know these kits inside and out. Another big tuner I talked to and the one I'll be giving my business to, knew exactly of my specific e-force kit. With all that said, I don't think it's the tune and if it is than shame on the tuner. I'm thinking it's something with the mass air sensor, a bad/clogged injectors, clogged fuel filter or even a bad fuel pump. What has changed other than the blower from your whipple set up? Could you be using something from the whipple set up that normally doesn't go with the e-force kit? I feel your frustration. Sometimes I wish I just did a custom build and tune from the get go but I'm kinda glad I installed just the base kit first so as I progress there's less things to chase as I upgrade. It sure would be nice if someone would just put together a awesome kit and tune in one package even if they sell it as off road only!
PM coming your way. Cheers

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
What injectors and fuel system are you running?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Unfortunately, I don’t. I couldn’t use it because of my injectors etc.
Don’t let this one thread stop you. My Whipple install was 99% pain free, as are most.
The only issue I had on that one was the TB specs.
I agree with you about the Whipple Tune,I have a Whipple Stage 2 and their tune is spot on and their customer service is five star.I wish they sold a offroad tune with injector upgrades.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I look at your logs and noticed your fuel STFT goes down to -9 as your easing into the throttle and right before you pedal into it. At full pedal your STFT swing the other way to +10 so that a pretty big swing and it's when your knock gets whacked out.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I look at your logs and noticed your fuel STFT goes down to -9 as your easing into the throttle and right before you pedal into it. At full pedal your STFT swing the other way to +10 so that a pretty big swing and it's when your knock gets whacked out.
Yeah, it’s bizarre. It’s not even like the STFT’s are constantly doing one thing or the other.
One second they’re adding a heap, then taking a heap out. That’s part of the reason why I really suspect the data in the tune more than anything in the install per se.
In my experience, you want the STFT’s around 1-2%
I’m too scared to do any WOT pulls from this point forward. I don’t want to be THAT guy.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Yeah, it’s bizarre. It’s not even like the STFT’s are constantly doing one thing or the other.
One second they’re adding a heap, then taking a heap out. That’s part of the reason why I really suspect the data in the tune more than anything in the install per se.
In my experience, you want the STFT’s around 1-2%
I’m too scared to do any WOT pulls from this point forward. I don’t want to be THAT guy.
Yeah that's really wack...mine are relatively stable from from -2 to +2 with some bigger spikes to 3, but that's normal. I've got the same phenolic spacer you have remember and have no issue, and don't think those would leak either. I'm sorry if this has been asked or stated but have you verified your BAP and pump is working.
Sponsored