Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang Pro-Active Dampers (15-19 All)

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I came from totally stock, but if I were to put a number on it I would say my car rides 10-15% better than it did with the stock set-up. Make no mistake it is still very stiff, and IMO the one drawback of an otherwise fantastic car, but better than before. If that is worth the extra money is an individual opinion.
Hi @Humphammer what springs are you running?
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Interesting that you assess it's very stiff even on progressives. Good to get different perspectives.

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
Interesting that you assess it's very stiff even on progressives. Good to get different perspectives.
I come from driving a BMW 3 series and Audi S5 as my last two cars. Ford has done a great job in bringing the Mustang closer to the fit and finish of these, as well as the handling. They are still behind on having a compliant ride quality to go with the better handling IMO. The progressives with the pro-actives comes closer but is still a more harsh ride quality than the BMW and Audi I am used to.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The progressives with the pro-actives comes closer but is still a more harsh ride quality than the BMW and Audi I am used to.
hmm, @SteedaTech what about revisiting the valving setup? Go dual-stack perhaps? These are intended for street duty afterall...

If I don't like mine I guess I'll do the unthinkable and tear them apart, warranty be damned and document what's inside and model the flows. Maybe replace the pistons with some Penske straight or digressives

Sponsored

aross99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 (on order)
If I go with the pro-actives and progressive springs, are there spacers for the front and back that I can get to stay closer to stock ride height?

I really don’t want to lower the car...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Ronnie,

Send me your contact info - let me put you in contact with one of the members of our R & D team. Shobi above had some pretty good feedback in regards to switching from the Adjustables to the Actives.

I will get you more information.

TJ
TJ, I'm still waiting for that additional information....

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I've got a 2015 Ecoboost Premium with the following Steeda mods: progressive springs, non-adjustable shocks/struts, bumpstops, billet rear shock mounts, front roll/center bumpsteer kit, rear camber adjustment kit. What percentage of improvement will these new Pro-Actives offer over my present set-up? If I'm gonna shell out more coin, it's got to be worth it, right? lol
The ride will be slightly softer than the non adjustable Pro-Action.
Steeda Tech

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
TJ, I'm still waiting for that additional information....
Hello Ronnie,

I apologize if I missed it - but did you send me your contact info? I was going to have Rodney give you an email or call. Please send to [email protected].

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Ronnie, looks like I did cc you on an email with Rodney where he answered your question - did you have a direct follow-up with him?

TJ
No, not yet. I just got the email. Thanx for following up with me.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
This question sorta got lost but was curious about this too.

Will this setup with the minimum drop springs help with performance from a dig? I would expect ride and handling to improve, but it looks like the minimum drop springs have a little more rate than the stock performance pack in both front and rear -- maybe I misunderstand what helps when launching? I'd like the look, and a little more everything -- but I have to drive my car on the street, ultimately. Most drag setups I've seen have more rate in back, but less in front to facilitate weight transfer to the rears -- but maybe stiffer rears are the more important component?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
darn. Never even knew about these. For a daily driver with no track, are these far superior than what I just ordered and received?

I ordered progressive sport springs, and pro action non adjustable shocks struts for ecoboost.

I’m not changing but in future maybe upgrade if it’s way better?

I’m non performance back, ecoboost. So I’m currently probably the worst suspension out of the entire line up (which I’ve had really no complaints with) lol. I just hope me hitting patched holes on highway doesn’t feel like hitting giant pot holes
Sponsored