Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

ToddUGA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
The plastic snaps that attach the front fascia. Mine just broke on the drivers side, which seems to be a pretty common problem. :curse:

So I just ordered the Quik-Latch Release Latch. Looks like a good, simple solution. Sure beats buying another bumper.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The plastic snaps that attach the front fascia. Mine just broke on the drivers side, which seems to be a pretty common problem. :curse:

So I just ordered the Quik-Latch Release Latch. Looks like a good, simple solution. Sure beats buying another bumper.
Yeah, mine got broke, more than once. I was going to get some Quik-Latches too, solve it for good, but traded it. FWIW, I was able to repair the tabs more than once by just glueing with Automotive Goop, and used a little spray lube so it was easier to get back into the tab.

Got a '19 now, and I wanted to do Velossa ducts again, but I didn't want to deal with broken tabs, but thankfully, it appears that Ford updated the design for MY18+ so it uses a bracket with two regular fasteners (and a push pin), thought once installed the Quik-Latch still looks better, since you don't have pull the fender liner, etc., just push to release.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std

I did that about a month ago. Hardest part was drilling into the panel; I must have triple-checked the location 20 times before I could pull the trigger. But it turned out great.
CJ Pony has a good youtube video for how to install them. There are other videos, but CJP was the most helpful to me.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
1. That gloss black decklid panel scratches so easily, I ended up painting mine.
2. The hood corrosion that hasn't been fixed since 2005.
3. My clutch master cylinder leaking into the car (driver side carpet) and it not being covered under warranty (I know I'm at 41k miles/3 years, still sucks tho).

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Thanks for the info. I will have to eventually take this car to the dealer and have them replace the drive-shaft. I don't have time to keep going back and forth while the tech experiments with no results and the vibration really takes away from the driving experience when cruising on the highway.
Just to follow up: They replaced the driveshaft in my car and it is now perfectly smooth.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
One thing comes to mind is what a pain it is to try and clean the rear window glass, especially the edges down low.
That's one of the few things I'll let my girlfriend do to my car, as long as I get to watch.
BRE8Nw8.gif

Reactions: lew

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
That's one of the few things I'll let my girlfriend do to my car, as long as I get to watch.
BRE8Nw8.gif
Yea buddy, good tip problem solved.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
The only thing that annoys me is the half shafts popping noises at initial take off after backing out of parking. I've removed the nut, added loctite, and torqued to spec and a few thousand miles later it starts popping again. I'm surprised Ford didn't add a castle nut with a pin to hold it from backing up. Any of you guys have this problem? If so, how did you fix it? I have about 80K miles on the car right now.

Sponsored

ToddUGA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
The only thing that annoys me is the half shafts popping noises at initial take off after backing out of parking. I've removed the nut, added loctite, and torqued to spec and a few thousand miles later it starts popping again. I'm surprised Ford didn't add a castle nut with a pin to hold it from backing up. Any of you guys have this problem? If so, how did you fix it? I have about 80K miles on the car right now.
Mine does the same thing. From researching a lot of people say it's the Torsen differential but now you have me wanting to take her in and get it checked out.

DeadlyDigger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2018 FN GT
I just gave up. Once you get the mindset "This car will rattle adn there is nothing you can do." it "fixes" issue surprisingly well.
That’s the problem I can’t get my mind to accept the rattles. I have rattles in steering column, control panel under screen, passenger door, parcel shelf and driver seat has a clicking noise. Been back to dealer 6 times and still can’t fix them. Unacceptable

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I got a Borla S Type and listen to Octane on SiriusXM. Won’t even hear the rattles if they start some day.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
That’s the problem I can’t get my mind to accept the rattles. I have rattles in steering column, control panel under screen, passenger door, parcel shelf and driver seat has a clicking noise. Been back to dealer 6 times and still can’t fix them. Unacceptable
What vehicles have you owned that didn't rattle?

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
What vehicles have you owned that didn't rattle?
Believe it or not my '08 Corvette was rattle free - but then again I'm pretty much deaf so I guess that may be a why. If the rattles are a big issue just turn up the stereo lol.
Sponsored