Sponsored

How to avoid people who try to race you?!

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
giphy.gif

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
That just simply isn't true.
I've owned 3 GTs. Not once has anyone tried to race me. Not in 10 or so years of driving Mustangs. This is just a perceptual issue. People think someone's trying to race them, when they're not. In the OP's example, the Camry wasn't trying to race him. In fact it sounds to me like the Camry was trying to get over to the right to catch an exit.

There's probably a Camry owner somewhere right now bitching about how some asshat Mustang driver wouldn't let him over and he missed his exit. Wanna bet?? Hey!!! OP!!! Drop us a google maps image of exactly where this took place please.

Unless you're lined up at a light next to each other and having a conversation about racing, it's your imagination.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't avoid them, I usually just look over, smile and wave at them. They get the point pretty quick.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
....he persisted until he eventually didn't like the fact we were ignoring him, so he pulled in front of us and brake-checked us. When that didn't work, he pulled back along side and proceeded to let us know just exactly how he felt about it.......
How did this other driver let you know exactly how he felt?? What exactly did he say/do?

helloWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Maxima SE
As NovaGT said, in my opinion, you will come to realize that nobody cares about anybody but themselves. Ask yourself, do you care about anybody but yourself?

As for people trying to race me, I simply just ignore them. I have had cars that will hold by me on the highway for about a minute and I never once acknowledge their existence. They get the point and move on. If I am in city driving and coming to a red light and I notice a car is acting pretty aggressive and gets into the empty lane next to me, I will literally keep my foot on the brake when the light turns green. I will not move until after they have started moving and then I will slowly accelerate. They get the point. Sorry to whoever was behind me at the red light. My ego is at the point where I will slow down or stop completely for others, I will slow down or stop completely to let others merge/cut in front of me, and that will never bother me.

The question probably then comes, why buy a car like this if I drive the way that I do. I don't have an answer for that question.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I roll my window down and ask them "what's retail on one of those?" Then rev back at them and wait for Vin to tell me to smoke him. At which point I take off weaving through traffic racing the guy along the California coast.
Made me wonder if you were referencing this ..but now I'm thinking fast&furious?

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I've owned 3 GTs. Not once has anyone tried to race me. Not in 10 or so years of driving Mustangs. This is just a perceptual issue. People think someone's trying to race them, when they're not. In the OP's example, the Camry wasn't trying to race him. In fact it sounds to me like the Camry was trying to get over to the right to catch an exit.

There's probably a Camry owner somewhere right now bitching about how some asshat Mustang driver wouldn't let him over and he missed his exit. Wanna bet?? Hey!!! OP!!! Drop us a google maps image of exactly where this took place please.

Unless you're lined up at a light next to each other and having a conversation about racing, it's your imagination.
I've had plenty of cars get beside me on the highway wanting to race me or annoy me. That's the reality of the situation. Maybe they want to race or annoy me because my car is loud as hell, who knows. When someone is constantly revving it beside me, what do you think? You are basing your opinion off of your experience. So am I.

We will say for a second that it is a perception issue. How do you know what the other person is thinking? You don't... they could be trying to race you, avoid you, annoy you, not care... A laundry list of things. You just don't know because you aren't capable of hearing people's unspoken thoughts. No one here is Charles Xavier from the X-Men...

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Made me wonder if you were referencing this ..but now I'm thinking fast&furious?
Yes... that was definitely a fast and furious reference. It's the scene, in the first movie, when paul and vin were taking the Supra to race wars, or whatever they called it.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
This might help deter ricky racers... :giggle::crackup::crackup::crackup:
Being sarcastic ok lol

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Haha, this thread reminded me of my favorite new State Farm commercial.

hey that guy in the hellcat is the SHERMANATOR fro american Pie movie !!
Sponsored