What do you do for a living?

CodyO32689

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, MT-82, Oxford White | 2013 Infiniti G37x
I always enjoy these types of threads. It gives a little perspective, as well as connecting on a different level with people from all across the world.
I'll start; I work for a large endodontic manufacturing company in a research and development testing lab. I'm located in Johnson City, TN.
Sponsored

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
I work for a structural engineering firm in Austin, TX. I'm one of their BIM Designers. I basically model a buildings structure from the ground up and create blueprints, renderings, details, etc. I mostly do high end residential, commercial, and pedestrian bridges.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Manufacturer's representative sales engineer in the flexible packaging industry.

<<< had to look up endodontic.

OP
OP
CodyO32689

CodyO32689

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
Manufacturer's representative sales engineer in the flexible packaging industry.

<<< had to look up endodontic.
I have a bad habit of assuming that people know what that means. Basically it’s a technical way to describe the practice of root canal therapy.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Operations Manager, resort tourism industry. I have a team of around 30 associates and my day isn’t EVER dull.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Lamd surveyor and UAV (drone) pilot. I really just supervise the drone work. I've got two young guys who do the actual flying. I mainly watch it and stress until it's back on the ground.

OP
OP
CodyO32689

CodyO32689

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
Lamd surveyor and UAV (drone) pilot. I really just supervise the drone work. I've got two young guys who do the actual flying. I mainly watch it and stress until it's back on the ground.
What kind of drones? I thought I was really something when I bought my Mavic Pro from DJI. I've always wondered what the professionals use.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
What kind of drones? I thought I was really something when I bought my Mavic Pro from DJI. I've always wondered what the professionals use.
We have 2 DJI Inspire 1s. May end up with a Phantom 4 Pro as well. We don't want to spend 30k on a "professional" drone that does the same thing as what we currently have.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I'm retired from the US Air Force, 14 years as a C-130 crew chief, then 6 more as a C-130 flight engineer. Currently, pretty much a full-time caregiver for my bed-ridden dad.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I'm retired from the US Air Force, 14 years as a C-130 crew chief, then 6 more as a C-130 flight engineer. Currently, pretty much a full-time caregiver for my bed-ridden dad.
Thank you for your service. And I feel for ya benig a care giver. My wife and I are constantly running between her folks place and my folks place every weekend. Her dad still gets around okay (our boys won't ride with him though!) but her mom has dementia. My mom's in faily good health but her husband has alzhiemers. It's tough watching them get worse and worse every day. And the toll it takes on thier spouses. Very sad. Hope you're hanging in there with your dad.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I was a money manager and stock analyst before I was bought out by a NYC firm.

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
I'm a buyer for a private firm that purchases and manufactures food service equipment and products.
Tariffs are playing a big role in us looking elsewhere for sourcing purchases finished goods.

Long before this I was a small business owner of a carpentry business for new home construction.
2008 crash sent me in a different direction....

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I turn your ideas into reality, I'm a structural steel fabricator, family owned business since 2003 and a Local 433 Ironworker in southern California
I work for a structural engineering firm in Austin, TX. I'm one of their BIM Designers. I basically model a buildings structure from the ground up and create blueprints, renderings, details, etc. I mostly do high end residential, commercial, and pedestrian bridges.
Sponsored