Sponsored

New/Late 2019 GT350 owners Now what? Sharing MY'19 observations, break in, and mods topics

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Since model year 2019 (MY'19) GT350 deliveries dragged on so long some of us have fairly low miles and are just forming opinions & observations. Even the early recipients of theirs have barely had more than a season+ with them. The MY'19 has some changes (i.e. handling pkg & tires) that are unique to 2019s so there's less anecdotal info to draw from. For that reason I figured this a good follow on thread to the Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R that served us well but is getting quiet.

Probably most have done some form of paint treatment or detailing if not PPF &/or Ceramic coatings. And many of us have plans for or have executed changes that might be interesting to hear. Some of this might be redundant with older threads but I'm posting this as a new MY'19 owner who's order just came in and have enjoyed sharing predelivery & post delivery conversations with others in the same boat.

So, when I have my next chance (of course work has become heavy as warm enough driving & wrenching days dwindle) I will post some of what I've done and what I plan. Links & part numbers/sources are always better shared than not.
Cheers.
Bill
Sponsored

Yerfdog13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350 K0164
Well I took delivery of chassis K0164 on May 18, 2019. So far I have logged 1100 miles and gotten the first oil change at 1000.

I had PPF put on the front of the car, and 5 coats of Ceramic Pro over the entire car. Absolutely worth the money IMO, as the car is by far the easiest of any car I have ever owned to keep clean.

No major mods at this point. I installed Redline hoodstruts, Lloyd GT350 floor mats, white vinyl letters in front chin spoiler, and those foam rock blockers. I will say the rock blockers or some kind of rock guards are a must. I also have installed JLT passenger side oil catch can and an Airraid filter.

I was in the market for a solid year and a half before I finally pulled the trigger on this car. It has exceeded my expectations.

Damon

Last edited:

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
My front chin spoiler came undone from the bumper yesterday at about 85 mph and made a horrific grinding sound. Took me a second to realize what had happened. Fortunately it was near my home and I was able to get it close where I could tape it up enough to get into the garage. I removed it and took the car to my dealer where their initial assessment was that I had hit something. I knew that I hadn't and we had a very frank discussion at which time they agreed to put on a new spoiler at no expense to me. The car was 3 days old with 150 miles on it. It didn't appear to be installed correctly with all the fasteners.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My front chin spoiler came undone from the bumper yesterday at about 85 mph and made a horrific grinding sound. Took me a second to realize what had happened. Fortunately it was near my home and I was able to get it close where I could tape it up enough to get into the garage. I removed it and took the car to my dealer where their initial assessment was that I had hit something. I knew that I hadn't and we had a very frank discussion at which time they agreed to put on a new spoiler at no expense to me. The car was 3 days old with 150 miles on it. It didn't appear to be installed correctly with all the fasteners.
Wow - it's amazing that that's still happening. It was fairly common in 2016 when the GT350/GT350R first came out. The dealership PDI techs didn't have the training on the GT350 and they'd just snap the splitter into place but not bother with the dozen or so screws that come with it, assuming that it was strong enough without them. It wasn't. At about 100MPH the splitter would detach, as yours did. My 2016 was delivered that way, but I had read about it so I took it back to the dealer and they found the bag of screws and attached it properly.

OP
OP
mrbillwot

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Wow - it's amazing that that's still happening. It was fairly common in 2016 when the GT350/GT350R first came out. The dealership PDI techs didn't have the training on the GT350 and they'd just snap the splitter into place but not bother with the dozen or so screws that come with it, assuming that it was strong enough without them. It wasn't. At about 100MPH the splitter would detach, as yours did. My 2016 was delivered that way, but I had read about it so I took it back to the dealer and they found the bag of screws and attached it properly.
I have my spare splitter stored up in the joists once I'm done beating this one up on my sidewalk apron arch. I even bough the low range torque wrench I see them using in the Ford training video. A lift or at least a quick jack must be a really nice thing to have (note to self)

Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
K0215 arrived on April 24th and was only held up 2 weeks for steering wheel strike. I was lucky compared to many others this year. Dealer had to replace exhaust system as the left valve would not work. They did throw in a free service for the inconveinence.
Since then car has been great and now at 1600 miles.
I installed ford performance separators on both sides. Vinyl letters on front splitter, Painted coil covers, cover for coolant tank, PPF on rear quarters in front of wheels, much needed. A pair of rock blockers as well. Custom bracket to mount radar detector and one for dash cam too. Added an ID plate on the radiator support.
20190829_145108.jpg

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
K0215 arrived on April 24th and was only held up 2 weeks for steering wheel strike. I was lucky compared to many others this year. Dealer had to replace exhaust system as the left valve would not work. They did throw in a free service for the inconveinence.
I installed ford performance separators on both sides. Vinyl letters on front splitter, Painted coil covers, cover for coolant tank, PPF on rear quarters in front of wheels, much needed. A pair of rock blockers as well. Custom bracket to mount radar detector and one for dash cam too. Added an ID plate on the radiator support.
20190829_145108.jpg
Nice! A blue AirRaid/FP air filter would look great with the rest of the blue in the engine bay.

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
20190829_145108.jpg
Where did you get the VIN plate for the radiator support bracket? Thats very cool!

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
The blue Air filter is coming soon. The custom plate is from Anchor-room.com. good people and prices

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
Anyone changing there tires?

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I discovered a REALLY strange thing in my '19.
I developd a very very low hum that was louder than my exhaust, and louder than my radio while the car was at idle, and only at idle. You could not have a conversation with the person next to you. Once you pressed the gas pedal with even the slightest pressure, it instantly went away.
This started just a few days ago.
I had my resonators removed about 1 1/2 weeks ago.
I found the cause... but before I give the fix, Any Guesses?
***Hint*** it took no special tools and cost no money.
Put on your Shelby Forensic Hat and ask questions or make a guess.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
K1393 arrived 07/26 after 11 grueling weeks of delays. She currently has 2750 miles after about 9 weeks of ownership. Oil was changed at 1600 miles and Ford Rewards paid for it (FordPass). LOVE this car!!!

Things I've Done:
Things I'll Do:
What I Should Have Done:
  • PPF from the A-pillars forward and the rear quarter impact zones - lesson learned - bear the wrath of the wife and just make it happen!

IMG_3694.jpg

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 1966 Mustang Coupe
1800 miles here, delivered may 8th. I have a stripe that needs a reapply and a buzzing speaker but other than that no issues and I love it planning to get both addressed soon on first service oil change service.