George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Well technically it was yesterday but I didn't get home until midnight. Traded my 15 gt premium 6spd for 18 gt premium pp1 6spd. Amazing car so far. Though I will miss the easy out seat function.

Transmission feels so much smoother than the 15. It's like butter. I'll probably still do a short throw shifter anyway and replace fluids.

I haven't kept up with the clutch for 18s and up but the spring has no resistance at all. Feels funny. Is that how the 15-17 were too? I can't recall bc the steeda spring was one of my first mods on the 15.

I swear this thing doesn't feel faster but it is. It actually feels slower. Until I look at speedometer and go, oh shit. Car feels planted but still more compliant than my old one going over bumps etc.

Handling so far from the little I've done is crazy different which is to be expected. Corners I've taken at 45 or so and were very noticeable, are almost like no big thing in this car.

Driving from Dallas to south of San Antonio last night on i35 and 130 toll road I averaged 26.8 mpg. Same route on way up in the 15 and it was drastically less. Yes, I know, it's a mustang who cares about gas mileage. Full disclosure I only drove about 82 to 83, instead of posted 85, as I found that to be the sweet spot to maintain gas mileage. There was 0 traffic last night so it wasn't an issue.

One question though, I don't have the key for the wheel locks. Can I buy the key from Ford or are they all actually different?
Man, I'm surprised you didn't get run over doing 82-83 on the 130 toll road. I don't think I've ever driven that stretch at less than 100.

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Congrats on the upgrade!

Coming from a 2016 into an 2018 -

IMO, there’s a great difference between the 2015-2017’s vs the 2028-19’s as far as stock for stock handling, lighting, seem to be more quiet on inside and overall performance.

Best of luck!
I appreciate that, and also agree with you. Interior seems quieter and so far I'm liking the upgrade

Congratulations!
thanks!

Very nice, congrats. Do share what options it has.
Thank you! 400a with performance pack. No other add ins really outside of that

Congrats on your new GT. Nice step up to the PP package. Enjoy!
thanks!

I think a lot of us say that at first! I made it 1 month before the mod bug bit me...
clutch spring, black lug nuts, x pipe and maybe hood struts. That's gonna be it! Maybe. haha

Congrats on the upgrade. Here is a link to AM: https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-mustang-parts-accessories.html :devil:

Look at all the pretty bling!
IMG_0642.jpg
That's just wrong! hahaha

Man, I'm surprised you didn't get run over doing 82-83 on the 130 toll road. I don't think I've ever driven that stretch at less than 100.
I did 85 to 90 on the way up. I don't speed too much on toll road bc I always see tons of cops. I'm much more likely to do 80 in a 70 in the freeway then I am 95 in an 85 bc those dudes are always out. on the way up I was passing just about everyone else. on the way home, at 11 pm there aint much traffic on the toll road. the lone 18 wheeler here and there and even then I was still passing them. I thought about taking 35 all the way in to Austin and SA but I saw that 35 was down to one lane at Slaughter and wanted no part of that, even at 11. If there had been traffic, no way I would have been poking along though.

Congrats on the new ride! Love the simple silver! If you need any parts for it feel free to give us a shout here at Lethal Performance! www.lethalperformance.com
thank you

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
Well technically it was yesterday but I didn't get home until midnight. Traded my 15 gt premium 6spd for 18 gt premium pp1 6spd. Amazing car so far. Though I will miss the easy out seat function.

Transmission feels so much smoother than the 15. It's like butter. I'll probably still do a short throw shifter anyway and replace fluids.

I haven't kept up with the clutch for 18s and up but the spring has no resistance at all. Feels funny. Is that how the 15-17 were too? I can't recall bc the steeda spring was one of my first mods on the 15.

I swear this thing doesn't feel faster but it is. It actually feels slower. Until I look at speedometer and go, oh shit. Car feels planted but still more compliant than my old one going over bumps etc.
If you had driven a 10 speed auto it would have sure buddy felt faster! I have been shopping Mustangs again and have driven both a manual and an auto and I was floored at how that auto pulled once it got up around 4-5K RPM. The only thing that keeps holding me back from actually buying a new mustang myself is all the ticks and rattles so many are dealing with and Ford starting to say, "oh well...its normal."

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Congrats on the new ride! Silver looking great! I made it about 4 days before I started super light mods. Trying not to go crazy but it's so hard lol

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you had driven a 10 speed auto it would have sure buddy felt faster! I have been shopping Mustangs again and have driven both a manual and an auto and I was floored at how that auto pulled once it got up around 4-5K RPM. The only thing that keeps holding me back from actually buying a new mustang myself is all the ticks and rattles so many are dealing with and Ford starting to say, "oh well...its normal."
Funny you say that. I was getting discouraged bc I couldn't find anything I liked within the budget I set for myself. I hesitantly started looking at getting an automatic. Seemed for whatever reason they were cheaper, maybe bc more common? Not sure. But that's how I found this one anyway. I stopped filtering out automatics and this one popped up and by the pics online it was obviously a 6spd. This particular dealer in Dallas had it listed wrong as did multiple other dallas area dealers for manuals on their lot. Not sure why. In the end, I don't think I could've gotten an auto anyway. If nothing else just bc it surely seems the days of V8 with a manual are surely numbered. I know they're a lot faster and all that but maybe next time.

I did drive an ecoboost auto for a week in Florida. No offense meant to anyone but that car was super underwhelming. Didn't feel powerful at all, even down low, and that stupid transmission ALWAYS wanted to be in 10th. I eventually just put it in sport mode or whatever to allow paddle shifting but even that was underwhelming and the down shifts were super jolty.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Enjoy your 6 speed and don’t think twice about it. Yes the auto may be faster but the only one who should care about that is you. I have an auto for physical reasons but would have enjoyed a Bullitt if I could have.
Don’t judge the Ecoboost based on a rental. Car probably was beat to crap and way down on power because of using 87 octane gas..

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Handling so far from the little I've done is crazy different which is to be expected. Corners I've taken at 45 or so and were very noticeable, are almost like no big thing in this car.

Driving from Dallas to south of San Antonio last night on i35 and 130 toll road I averaged 26.8 mpg. Same route on way up in the 15 and it was drastically less. Yes, I know, it's a mustang who cares about gas mileage. Full disclosure I only drove about 82 to 83, instead of posted 85, as I found that to be the sweet spot to maintain gas mileage. There was 0 traffic last night so it wasn't an issue.

One question though, I don't have the key for the wheel locks. Can I buy the key from Ford or are they all actually different?
so unless I'm missing something it should have the easy out seat function unless you don't have the 401a package. mine has it. 19 pp1

Sponsored
OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enjoy your 6 speed and don’t think twice about it. Yes the auto may be faster but the only one who should care about that is you. I have an auto for physical reasons but would have enjoyed a Bullitt if I could have.
Don’t judge the Ecoboost based on a rental. Car probably was beat to crap and way down on power because of using 87 octane gas..
it had something like 7 miles on it when I got in it. it was brand new. though I will admit I probably did put regular gas in it, I don't really remember.

so unless I'm missing something it should have the easy out seat function unless you don't have the 401a package. mine has it. 19 pp1
no, it's 400a.i have to use the little switch on the side like a pleb. hahahahaha

Congrats man the silver looks great
thanks! I was kinda wanting all black but i'm digging the silver

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the car. If you're just looking to remove the wheel locks, just hammer an impact socket onto them and remove them.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I've heard some dealers have multiple keys that they will loan you to find out which key you would then need to order.

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2014 Mustang GT Base
Beautiful car. The PP1 has quite a it in the package and to me is worth every penny. The rev match on my 2019 was more of an annoyance after a while so I turned it off. You’re gonna leave it stock for a short time. Been playing with these cars since the 1990s and each one I owned was modified in some way....more like personalizing it. The 2018-2020 models have a lot of refinement in them and are truly a hoot to drive. Again congratulations and have fun with it....it’s addicting.
Sponsored