P zero nero a/s in snow

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
So how do the stock P zero nero all season tires work in the snow? I know all too well that winter tires are way better than all seasons in the snow. So please don't suggest it. Wondering how the all seasons actually work. If they are satisfactory than I will hold off on the winter tire thought. Looking for first hand experience here. Thanks

Don
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
From Tire Rack. The top chart is the best in class Michelin PS A/S3+. Below it is the Pirelli. Which you rather be on in bad winter weather?
AA07BE43-3AF2-4E26-9CB9-7D5AE9CA5844.png
A7D4DB29-2BFD-49F5-8227-712C2CC923A7.png

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So how do the stock P zero nero all season tires work in the snow? I know all too well that winter tires are way better than all seasons in the snow. So please don't suggest it. Wondering how the all seasons actually work. If they are satisfactory than I will hold off on the winter tire thought. Looking for first hand experience here. Thanks

Don
They're about useless. I've had them on '15 (car came with them). They were actually plain scary in the snow - and I drove in snow for many many years living in places that do get substantial amount of it so would say I do have some experience with it. Ended up getting Blizzaks WS80.

For this car I have Contis DWS06 (all seasons).

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
For A/S tires, Conti DWS06 is one of the better ones for snow, supposedly slightly better than the Michelin PS A/S3+. And yeah when I had the P Zero Nero they're downright scary in the snow. I would get the PS A/S3+ because their handling should be better than the DWS06 for everything else.

Sponsored

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
Not good. Even when the tires where new, the car wouldn't move out of my slightly inclined driveway with a little snow.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Stock are trash. They're too skinny and just suck. And you're in NJ so you get similar weather to me, which means a lot of surface ice in the mornings, it melts during the day, and then freezes again at night etc. There were some mornings that just getting out of my driveway that has a slight incline was an absolute nightmare. After my first winter with my '15 I immediately got a new setup before the following winter because damn.

If it's your daily, and you have to leave for work early in the mornings and/or drive home at night, I'd strongly advise you upgrade. Either with an actual quality all-season you can drive on year-round, or a cheap set of wheels+winter tires for December through early March.

All season tires vs. winter is a very, very wide range. As with some of the others, I have the Conti DWS06 tires that are almost 10.5" wide and have zero problems on snow and ice.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
All season tires vs. winter is a very, very wide range. As with some of the others, I have the Conti DWS06 tires that are almost 10.5" wide and have zero problems on snow and ice.
https://blog.tirerack.com/blog/hunters-ramblings/why-are-narrower-tires-better-for-winter - something to think about sizing wise - wouldn't do it for all seasons that get used outside winter, but wider isn't better for snow.

Also DWS06 are noticeably worse in snow that winter tires, but good for an all season.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I might get BF goodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S when I replace my pirelli, I like more aggressive sidewall and it helps protect the wheels more. I think the Michelin are decent for some rim protection?

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So I must be the only one that didnā€™t mind the stock Pirelli AS. Was planning to go with winter tires as I did with my 2017 Chrysler 300s hemi the previous season but long story shorter, I got caught and we had an early dumping of snow last year.
My car is a ā€˜19 GT MT82, and in my opinion the Mustang did just as well on the Pirelli AS as my 300s did with winters. I will say the traction control is useless so itā€™s always the first thing I turn off if there is any kind of accumulation on the ground.

Oh and I live about 3 hours northeast of Detroit in Canada ;) I daily my car and mile them out, car just turned a year old and I just rolled 32,000 miles.

That being said Don, Iā€™m currently pricing out a winter setup as the Pirelli stockers didnā€™t fair so well as far as wear goes this summer.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They're useless in the warm & wet, so I can't imagine them in the snow.

Reactions: kz
OP
OP

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
Thanks for the input. I see that these tires get not so good reviews in snow. I will try them on the first snowfall. Hopefully the first one isn't a monster. If they indeed suck I will get a set of dedicated snow tires. The Pirelli's are fine in normal weather for me.

Don

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Good idea Don! Obviously need more time to accelerate and decelerate but I was impressed they handled a Canadian winter very well. This being said the tires were also pretty much new....hence my decision to replace them before winter with something dedicated. Cheers and good luck sir!

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I pulled my 235 Pzero's because there were 3 things I simply did not like.

1. The ballooning feeling was one of them. Handling was no better than a Toyota Camry.

2. They are much noisier than the wider 265's I have on there now.

3. They were terrible in the rain....which we get an awful lot of here in the PacNW. (Snow performance was adequate in 1" of fresh snow last winter).

As soon as I bought a set of SVE R350 19x10 wheels, and went to a 265/40R19 tire, the whole feeling of the car changed. I bought a set of Atlas Force UHP tires made in Thailand. With the wider rain channels, they are a surprisingly good tire for this environment. We'll see how they do in the snow this winter.
Sponsored