Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not sure what good a SC is, especially stage 2, when you can't put Drag radials or R compound tires on it without voiding the warranty. I can barely hold power with my R rated tires in certain conditions but certainly much better than I did on my Continentals extreme contacts sports did.

Does every supercharger company stipulate no R compound tires because if that's the case to keep the warranty then having the warranty is stupid

I mean, let’s be real, most guys wanna put a DR on the car and make a few passes a yr?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does every supercharger company stipulate no R compound tires because if that's the case to keep the warranty then having the warranty is stupid

I mean, let’s be real, most guys wanna put a DR on the car and make s few passes a yr?
Not sure about Whipple's but Roush's doesn't. I actually thought the guy on the Edlebrock thread was crazy. Then they posted the proof from the Edlebrock's warranty information. I've looked over Roush's and other than oil type, tune, oil frequency change, and other obvious things it's pretty simple.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not sure about Whipple's but Roush's doesn't. I actually thought the guy on the Edlebrock thread was crazy. Then they posted the proof from the Edlebrock's warranty information. I've looked over Roush's and other than oil type, tune, oil frequency change, and other obvious things it's pretty simple.

That's right, I remember that thread.
Man that’s dumb, we sell a kit but we don’t allow u to race it on a tire?

I think it’s gonna be Roush S1 for me, I got a killer price on the kit from my local speed shop (Friends) but will still need a Ford Dealer to install it, luckily my dealer who I bought my car from does the installs. I just need to find out if they’ll let me buy my own Roush kit and just have them install it or getting the warranty requires me buying the kit from them? Of course if they were to match my price I got on the kit then I’d go through the dealer.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's right, I remember that thread.
Man that’s dumb, we sell a kit but we don’t allow u to race it on a tire?

I think it’s gonna be Roush S1 for me, I got a killer price on the kit from my local speed shop (Friends) but will still need a Ford Dealer to install it, luckily my dealer who I bought my car from does the installs. I just need to find out if they’ll let me buy my own Roush kit and just have them install it or getting the warranty requires me buying the kit from them? Of course if they were to match my price I got on the kit then I’d go through the dealer.
Anyone who is ASE certified can install it. Your speedshop will do a better job, usually cheaper, and usually dyno it before and after. Mine actually cut my tower brace to fit over the SC. Looks sick.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Anyone who is ASE certified can install it. Your speedshop will do a better job, usually cheaper, and usually dyno it before and after. Mine actually cut my tower brace to fit over the SC. Looks sick.

That’s true, as they are ASE certified

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
For what it is worth, two different techs told me that unless I was going to do an after market tune, go with Roush or Whipple.

As for DRs and warranty concerns, wouldn't it be pretty easy to just put your regular street wheels/tires back on in the event a warranty claim was needed?

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
For what it is worth, two different techs told me that unless I was going to do an after market tune, go with Roush or Whipple.

As for DRs and warranty concerns, wouldn't it be pretty easy to just put your regular street wheels/tires back on in the event a warranty claim was needed?

Well I’d like to be honest, if certain companies give u a warranty and sell u 200+ hp you would think they should at least stand behind it, I mean u buy a blower kit with a canned tune which is carrying a warranty, what do the companies think, your not gonna race it?

Why buy the kit in the first place?

Hell street racing is far more dangerous and I don’t get into that, I wanna throw a drag radial on the car, drive to Atco a few few times a Yr and race the car, after that I won’t beat on it on the street, just some rollouts on hwys here and there just to put a grin on my face

Last edited:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I had bad wheel hop with my street tires at the strip. Once I got the DRs for strip use, my wheel hop issue was 100% gone due to the better traction. I maintain that the DRs probably helped PREVENT driveline damage.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
My warranty lasted about 2 weeks. Broke #7 piston, and Roush made good on the warranty. After that the dealer flashed the latest calibrations. That flash ended up being corrupted. Weird shifting, loss of gas pedal. I'm now tuned by PBD. The car runs amazing.

For Phase 2 Roush needs to address the heat soak issue beyond just a new LTR. With more power there's more heat. Composite spacers for the blower manifold would be nice along with the supporting accessories.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear the Roush warranty worked!

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My warranty lasted about 2 weeks. Broke #7 piston, and Roush made good on the warranty. After that the dealer flashed the latest calibrations. That flash ended up being corrupted. Weird shifting, loss of gas pedal. I'm now tuned by PBD. The car runs amazing.

For Phase 2 Roush needs to address the heat soak issue beyond just a new LTR. With more power there's more heat. Composite spacers for the blower manifold would be nice along with the supporting accessories.
Sorry to hear that but it does show you Roush stood behind their warranty.

So what year GT do u have?

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
2018 GT Premium PP1 with all the bells and whistles.
Wow, again so sorry you lost a piston. Glad your together again, was the tune your dealer loaded the very last run Roush released?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP

How you doing with your spacers?

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Wow, again so sorry you lost a piston. Glad your together again, was the tune your dealer loaded the very last run Roush released?
No, this happened in the spring.