Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
The only fiddling I had to do with my install was relearn the TPMS and reset the My Color to my preferences. That's it. Everything else worked flawlessly right out of the box and I had no worries about used parts. Totally worth the couple hundred more, to get the kit from Sam IMO.
Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Anyone have one of these pieces laying around. No idea what happened to mine, but it came up missing before i did the digital cluster install.

Or if you have a part number that would be awesome too.
center console.png

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
I believe the one off of your old Bezel will fit.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I believe the one off of your old Bezel will fit.
Unfortunately the piece on the analog cluster doesn’t fit, they’re slightly different sizes. I already tried that. Good thought though.

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I just Spent what seems like days going through this thread and I just want to say thanks and well done to all of those who pioneered this upgrade to make it this simple. I purchased a plug and play setup from hellhorse with the additional support option from Sam (this was before I knew that he offered his own kits) and I’m so excited to get this install done. I’m definitely going to update here when I’m done with this install!

Now over to the Sync 3 upgrade thread to see what all I’m in for on that front.

Sponsored

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Anyone have an issue with Mycolor after the swap?

When i turn the car off and back on, i have to uncheck and check the box for mycolor for it to be on. Wont come on like it used to.

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have an issue with Mycolor after the swap?

When i turn the car off and back on, i have to uncheck and check the box for mycolor for it to be on. Wont come on like it used to.

Someone else mentioned having an issue with mycolor and it having something to do with a MyKey feature. Might want to look into that.

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
have a full kit available on classified marketplace if anyone in interested. just returned Stang to stock and sold her.

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
I ordered mine from Sam earlier in the year and installed it on my 2017 mustang GT. When I traded in the 2017, I took the digital out and put back in the regular cluster. I sent it back to him to get it reprogrammed and installed it in my 2019 today. Everything is working fine other than the mustang button and the settings button. It's in the correct spot. I did not take off the steering wheel or the windshield wiper and turn signal thing as was instructed in the tutorial on how to install. It says you only have to take off the steering wheel for the 2015 through 2017. I'm assuming maybe that is the reason why it's not working because I did not put the turn signal and windshield wiper thing in? who has installed this on their 2018 or 2019? Did you replace that or keep it in?

Sponsored

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine from Sam earlier in the year and installed it on my 2017 mustang GT. When I traded in the 2017, I took the digital out and put back in the regular cluster. I sent it back to him to get it reprogrammed and installed it in my 2019 today. Everything is working fine other than the mustang button and the settings button. It's in the correct spot. I did not take off the steering wheel or the windshield wiper and turn signal thing as was instructed in the tutorial on how to install. It says you only have to take off the steering wheel for the 2015 through 2017. I'm assuming maybe that is the reason why it's not working because I did not put the turn signal and windshield wiper thing in? who has installed this on their 2018 or 2019? Did you replace that or keep it in?
Take this with a grain of salt as I'm purely speaking out my a$$ from what I have read through all of these 60+ pages of this thread. Sounds like you have a programming issue that you may be able to fix with forscan yourself or ask Sam (breeves) for assistance since you mentioned he programmed it for you. The only reason you have to change that in a 15-17 is because it's not original equipment already but seeing as you have 18+ you had the correct SCCM (windshield wiper and turn signal thing). Hope that helps a bit in the understanding of what's going on here. At least that's my understanding.

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, just waiting for him to reply back to me through message to find out. I was just trying to see if anybody else has had this issue with NOT installing that on a 18-19.
Other than that, the cluster is working perfect. I hate seeing this TPMS on also. Lol. I was hoping to get rid of that.

SabrGhst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Roush Warrior Scout Stage 3 Phase 2
Received my cluster today. Took about an hour to install. I followed all of the instructions and recommendations on this thread. Everything went in without incident. Sam truly provided a plug and play kit. My car fired right up like nothing had happened. Awesome! I love the customization. Can confirm that it works with the tesla style screen and on non-premium cars. Thanks Sam! Very happy.

joshnc101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I want to jump on board with this swap, while the special sale is still is going on at hellhorse. I'm still clueless about the forscan programming aspect of the install, plus I don't have a windows pc. Is it still absolutely necessary for Sams' plug and play kit into a 2018 GT? Mine is a base model with only the performance pack and A10, that's it.

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yes you have to do the forscan if you don't have it done by someone else (Sam).
Sponsored