GT 350 just got crushed by the C8

Status
Not open for further replies.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I'm thinking the GT 350 will still sell good because it's the only thing left offering a manual. If it's sales are down good bye any manuals going forward.:crying:
Yea it will sell good because people want them. Not everyone is caught up in performance. Some people just want them to cruise around in or for nostalgia.
It’s not a saving grace though. It’s a main feature. And one of the reasons for the price.

The DCT is to the 500 as the FPC is to the 350.f

It’s a selling point.

Take the DCT out of the C8, Veyron, GTR, etc. and they suffer as well.

but no one is saying “if not for that silly DCT, those cars are trash.” LOL
It is one of the main selling points. 760 HP is another selling point. It has it's work cut out for it.
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Go to about 9:30. Check out the Corvette's 'grabber blue". BAD AZZ!

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
It’s not a saving grace though. It’s a main feature. And one of the reasons for the price.

The DCT is to the 500 as the FPC is to the 350.f

It’s a selling point.

Take the DCT out of the C8, Veyron, GTR, etc. and they suffer as well.

but no one is saying “if not for that silly DCT, those cars are trash.” LOL
The mid engine is the real selling factor for the C8, people are even ok having that car in manual. Regarding the advantage of the DCT, it shifts in 0.008 seconds vs 10 speed 0.150 seconds. Regular auto’s shift in .250 second range and a manual transmission is 0.5 seconds. So if you do the math, with DCT the car is shaving .142 seconds in each shift vs 10 speed auto. Compared to a manual thats even eternity.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I don't agree that the 350 will keep selling well. Think about it a 2019 GT will do an 11.83 bone stock compared to a 12.3 for a 350 for less money and 60hp less. The difference between the GT and 350 is not there anymore. With the amazing performance from the GT and the GT500 coming out for not a lot more money Ford is itself ihurting the 350. Then you have the C8. There will absolutely be some die hard fans that want one but overall there are just too much else to choose from now that is a much better performance buy. And the stick thing is definitely not going to carry it that far. The new autos are just too damn good for the average buyer. This is just common sense and don't see what Ford was going for here. I am the typical buyer and when I wanted a new performance car my first choice in 2016 was a C7 Z06 but no way in hell was I paying 80K for a car that my knees were jammed into the dash. Next on the list was the 350 drove several honestly I know this pisses off a bunch of you but the thing felt like it couldn't get out of it's own way. Next was a 2013 Boss, really did not like the look of it. I went with a 16 GT premium added a blower and a lot of stickers, as I have been told riced it up. So much so that last year at the American Muscle show one of the largest if not the largest mustang shows in the country it won best in show. ( small horn toot ). I could not be happier with the choice. I hope everyone else is as happy with their choice as I am. And realize just because it is what you want it is not what we all would want. The 350 is still a good car the problem is now there are more options to choose from that equal or out perform it for equal or less money.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
I don't agree that the 350 will keep selling well. Think about it a 2019 GT will do an 11.83 bone stock compared to a 12.3 for a 350 for less money and 60hp less. The difference between the GT and 350 is not there anymore. With the amazing performance from the GT and the GT500 coming out for not a lot more money Ford is itself ihurting the 350. Then you have the C8. There will absolutely be some die hard fans that want one but overall there are just too much else to choose from now that is a much better performance buy. And the stick thing is definitely not going to carry it that far. The new autos are just too damn good for the average buyer. This is just common sense and don't see what Ford was going for here. I am the typical buyer and when I wanted a new performance car my first choice in 2016 was a C7 Z06 but no way in hell was I paying 80K for a car that my knees were jammed into the dash. Next on the list was the 350 drove several honestly I know this pisses off a bunch of you but the thing felt like it couldn't get out of it's own way. Next was a 2013 Boss, really did not like the look of it. I went with a 16 GT premium added a blower and a lot of stickers, as I have been told riced it up. So much so that last year at the American Muscle show one of the largest if not the largest mustang shows in the country it won best in show. ( small horn toot ). I could not be happier with the choice. I hope everyone else is as happy with their choice as I am. And realize just because it is what you want it is not what we all would want. The 350 is still a good car the problem is now there are more options to choose from that equal or out perform it for equal or less money.
That mustang gt with 11.83 seconds quarter mile time is a 11.404 sec (3 shifts) car with a DCT swap lol. FBO and E85 you will have a 10.7 second NA mustang GT. DCT swap asap.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Go to about 9:30. Check out the Corvette's 'grabber blue". BAD AZZ!

It's probably just me, but that is my least favorite C8 color. It's not horrible, more like "meh"...I'll likely be going with the darker blue with yellow accents (Univ. of Mich. grad).

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That mustang gt with 11.83 seconds quarter mile time is a 11.404 sec (3 shifts) car with a DCT swap lol. FBO and E85 you will have a 10.7 second NA mustang GT. DCT swap asap.
Where would you get this DCT and how much would it cost? Serious question, not meant to be snarky.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here, http://www.tremec.com/menu.php?m=155

I don't know how much it costs. My guess is if a regular transmission costs 3 to 4 grand, this baby is probably double that.
Interesting. I know that Tremec is the supplier for both GT500 and C8. What I do not know (and quite honestly doubt) is that they have capacity to sell individual units aftermarket. At least not for the next several years. I thought maybe you were aware of someone else who is building "application fit" aftermarket units. It would be interesting to see what it would take to fit the GT500 box into a regular S550 chassis. If the box is actually available from Tremec.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
you are an OEM? Maybe pay attention to the fine print, eh?

> the TR-9070 DCT is not available for individual sales; it is an OEM product only.

Now a sequential trans would have merit and readily available.
For now yes. But it will be in the future. One thing to look at will be GT500 and C8 graveyard when people start wrecking their cars. Especially the GT500.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's probably just me, but that is my least favorite C8 color. It's not horrible, more like "meh"...I'll likely be going with the darker blue with yellow accents (Univ. of Mich. grad).
Yeah, I wouldn't own it but I like looking at it. Too much "Look at me!" color.

So I see Detroit. I am flying in Friday for the weekend. Any dealer you know of have a C8 to see? I am headed to West Bloomfield.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I wouldn't own it but I like looking at it. Too much "Look at me!" color.

So I see Detroit. I am flying in Friday for the weekend. Any dealer you know of have a C8 to see? I am headed to West Bloomfield.
No. Bowling Green is just starting to build production units (or not....strike). Wouldn't be unusual for you to see a Captured Test Fleet vehicle buzz past you though. They're all over the place lately. If you wind up going to Little Caesar's Arena for an event there's a red one on the wall. Other than that, purely by chance.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I overlooked that you had a Camaro, You seemed like a nice guy you even liked some of my post but now I find out it was all a sham, you sir are the worst of the worst ( a Michigan grad ). The only thing worse than your kind is an Ohio State fan. We are mortal enemies ( a Penn State grad ). On October 19th I will be sitting in Beaver stadium dressed for the ,WHITE OUT one of just 110,000 screaming fans hoping for a win. The only thing that could be worse is that you voted for Hillary. .

I should not have to add this but I have been on this forum for awhile and before I get attacked by all the Ohio, and Michigan fans and the Penn State haters this was just humor. Some on here can't make that distinction.

P.S. If you have a problem with the Hillary part have at it. On second thought no don't. That would be 10X worse than the C8 350 debate.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, I overlooked that you had a Camaro, You seemed like a nice guy you even liked some of my post but now I find out it was all a sham, you sir are the worst of the worst ( a Michigan grad ). The only thing worse than your kind is an Ohio State fan. We are mortal enemies ( a Penn State grad ). On October 19th I will be sitting in Beaver stadium dressed for the ,WHITE OUT one of just 110,000 screaming fans hoping for a win. The only thing that could be worse is that you voted for Hillary. .

I should not have to add this but I have been on this forum for awhile and before I get attacked by all the Ohio, and Michigan fans and the Penn State haters this was just humor. Some on here can't make that distinction.

P.S. If you have a problem with the Hillary part have at it. On second thought no don't. That would be 10X worse than the C8 350 debate.
Oh, boy. This is going down hill fast. :rockon:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.