Sponsored

GT500 - Delayed until March

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Ninjak: I'm just hoping that the younger generation wakes up one day and sees how foolish some of this online activity really is.
I doubt that will ever happen. That ship has sailed. It's the age of internet influencers and YT. The sooner the "old" guys realize this the less "get off my lawn kid" the old guys on here will be. Heck, I'm an old guy, 48, but half of my life the internet was around and there is no putting the tooth paste back in the tube.

There are all kinds of different individual views on the internet and it does not take many likes for someone to earn a living with a camera and a YT channel.

Several on here don't like the guy but have you noticed, a bunch must like him.

As my dad always said, different strokes for different folks. Just because they don't have same view as you, don't make them wrong and you right.

Anyway, I cannot wait to start seeing these bad ass cars in the wild.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
HK: You may be correct with your presumption and we'll be stuck with some form of Internet Social Media for the duration. However, I know that the number of YT'ers "making a living" from it has decreased substantially in the past few years. YT realized they were making many of them super wealthy and decided that wasn't in YouTube's (Google's) best interest. Now, the money assigned to views and likes is MUCH less than just a few years ago. Witness the NUMBER of uploads by certain channels over this time period...it's a whole lot more than in the past.

And I certainly wasn't trying to argue who is "right." I was merely expressing my opinion about YouTube and Google and how that greed can affect others.

But I'm two hundred percent behind you when you say you're anxiously awaiting to gaze on one of these vehicles in person. I know I'm not the only one who goes to bed at night thinking about it. :-)

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
It doesn't matter so much to me. Recieving the car in March or after isn't going to kill me. If you can't beat them join them is what I say so I will start my own YT channel on Ford Performance Cars. Not Just the GT 500. This will be the 3rd Ford Performance product I will have in my garage. I am in line for a "Golden Ticket" car and I feel the additional wait time will be worth it.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
My dealer has four allocations, one being the CFTP. I placed the order on the first day and never spoke to them since, until a couple of days ago - my car is the first to be built on 10/21 (VIN created) and to be delivered which was surprising to me. I thought the CFTP would be the first on the list, but that is not the case.

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
low life might have been abit harsh :) but not much It's a crappy living and I tell my kids to consume that stuff sparingly.

im not sure type of living they make from it, but I assure you:
1- it wont last long
2- you dont want to be holding a phone in your mid-late 40's and into 50's taking videos of yourself???!!! Begging to get clicks so you can put food on table and pay mtg?
3- YT channel offers no 401k or benefits

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I understand the hate, but its not beneficial. all the youtubers I know, except 1 have real day jobs. If you can record and talk about something you love, with something you wanted to buy anyway, make a few extra $ a month to help pay for it, be it $100/mo or 10,000/mo would anyone say thats NOT a smart thing to do, especially the younger you are?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I understand the hate,
I don't think anyone here hates the guy. He, by choice, has decided to become a public spectacle. Doing so he earns revenue and notoriety which Ford has noticed. Ford (and I can't blame them one bit) uses him to further their cause.

So far, so good, right?

A while back he makes a plea on his YouTube channel to any dealership who would give him an MSRP deal on a 500. Great. He lands a spot a a dealer way way way after the folks who have done their due diligence in making their deals and securing their names on a list.

Fast forward to a recent video. He brags off the fact that he used all his influence at Ford go get his order built first.

Now thats the part that i have taken issue with. He is nobody special. His claim to fame is a YouTube channel. I'm sure he is a nice guy, but what about the other nice guys who were on the list at the dealership before this guy came along?

Like I said, it doesn't matter because what is done is done.

I get that you know him and are trying to represent his point of view, but that is the story as coroberated by first person folks that have been affected. So much so that this person has vowed to not do business with that dealership again. Good for him.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
I've seen a few of the YouTubers videos and all they do is regurgitate what is already known if you stay posted. I don't watch them because I don't need someone to tell me the same info over the course of a 10 minute video. One of the StangMode videos I did watch was when the C8 came out and the whole video was him trying to convince himself to keep his GT500 order, which I thought was dumb if you're already on board with the 500. These guys just chase what's new and I hate to think of what some of their finances look like if they aren't trust fund types.

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I just can't believe there are actually people out there who actually think Ford(!!!) moved up 'Stangmodes' order, simply because he has a small YT channel...

I can't facepalm hard enough.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just can't believe there are actually people out there who actually think Ford(!!!) moved up 'Stangmodes' order, simply because he has a small YT channel...

I can't facepalm hard enough.
Careful, don't hurt yourself, lol.

I know, right????

And who would believe that Ford is flying him all over the country to do these press events and such.

All over a small YouTube channel.....

Sponsored

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
And who would believe that Ford is flying him all over the country to do these press events and such.

All over a small YouTube channel.....
Have you ever been to a press event put on by Ford or any other Manufacturer? You'd be surprised by who actually gets invited and who attends, its pretty random and frankly pretty underwhelming. (I should know, I'm one of them...lol) And that's not a dig at Stangmode or any of the other writers/hosts that attend but the reality is Ford rolls out the red carpet for just about anyone who is willing to come out and gush about their new baby.

So lets just pump the brakes with this whole 'flying him all over the country' thing like he's Fords golden boy. He's a hard worker no doubt, but for every 'Stangmode' there are dozens of other journalist who are getting the same treatment- you may just not realize it cuz they're not on YouTube telling you about it everyday. (Again, no disrespect)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Have you ever been to a press event put on by Ford or any other Manufacturer? You'd be surprised by who actually gets invited and who attends, its pretty random and frankly pretty underwhelming. (I should know, I'm one of them...lol) And that's not a dig at Stangmode or any of the other writers/hosts that attend but the reality is Ford rolls out the red carpet for just about anyone who is willing to come out and gush about their new baby.

So lets just pump the brakes with this whole 'flying him all over the country' thing like he's Fords golden boy. He's a hard worker no doubt, but for every 'Stangmode' there are dozens of other journalist who are getting the same treatment- you may just not realize it cuz they're not on YouTube telling you about it everyday. (Again, no disrespect)
Easy there, sparky.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I've seen a few of the YouTubers videos and all they do is regurgitate what is already known if you stay posted. I don't watch them because I don't need someone to tell me the same info over the course of a 10 minute video. One of the StangMode videos I did watch was when the C8 came out and the whole video was him trying to convince himself to keep his GT500 order, which I thought was dumb if you're already on board with the 500. These guys just chase what's new and I hate to think of what some of their finances look like if they aren't trust fund types.
I could be wrong but was this video not predicated around this guy driving and reviewing a number of 2020 Mustangs when in fact the car that he drove in the YouTube video at least the one that I just watched was not a 2020 Mustang at all but in fact was a 2019 Mustang.:giggle:

Just maybe he doesn't quite yet know the difference between the two model year Mustangs and suggest that he should acquaint himself with the different MY's.

Also, if I recall correctly watching another of his videos he was sitting in the drivers seat of a 2020 GT500 and for some he decided to bring up the new C8 Corvette during his rambling discussions that were so repetitive.

Certainly not something that I would be doing if I was sitting in Ford's brand new Halo Car but maybe that is just me.

:wink:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Ford gave him a GT350 as a loaner so he could get around. The GT500 test ride was suppose to be in a future video.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Ford gave him a GT350 as a loaner so he could get around. The GT500 test ride was suppose to be in a future video.
Probably embargo'd would be my guess. Speaking of, I wonder when all of the press embargo's will be lifted?!
Sponsored