bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Gotta ask, why doesn’t anyone here seem to use Torco? It’s probably the best octane booster, been around for years and is used by nearly every top 1/4 mile guy that doesn’t run race gas or E85.
I believe Torco uses a magnesium based organometallic to increase octane, but I am not sure if is safe for catalysts. Methylcyclopentadienyle manganese tricarbonyl is the only organometallic I have experience with, and with that you are safe at certain levels.
Sponsored

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
I believe Torco uses a magnesium based organometallic to increase octane, but I am not sure if is safe for catalysts. Methylcyclopentadienyle manganese tricarbonyl is the only organometallic I have experience with, and with that you are safe at certain levels.

Torco and boostane are both MMT based.....(lol! I’m not even going to attempt to spell it, have enough difficulty saying it). Both leave orange deposits on plugs, so will more than likely shorten the life of cats.
Main reason I asked is I’ve used Torco, it’s awesome, and as I mentioned above most 1/4 mile guys I know use it. It also is the top rated octane booster nearly every time. So I’m kinda curious if it nets better results with the 5.0 or eco motors.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Torco and boostane are both MMT based.....(lol! I’m not even going to attempt to spell it, have enough difficulty saying it). Both leave orange deposits on plugs, so will more than likely shorten the life of cats.
Main reason I asked is I’ve used Torco, it’s awesome, and as I mentioned above most 1/4 mile guys I know use it. It also is the top rated octane booster nearly every time. So I’m kinda curious if it nets better results with the 5.0 or eco motors.
VP has a new booster that's cat and o2 safe, specifically for unleaded fuel

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
MMT = methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl. That was developed by my previous company, and is safe for cats at normal levels. At high levels, as you may see in racing additives, I could see some issues. I would just go catless, personally. MMT is probably the best and most effective octane booster on the market. If I wasn't on E85, I would be using it regularly.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I tried a can of boostane with our crappy 91 in az. I made 6 pulls on that tank of gas and 4 out of 6 felt strong but on 2 of the pulls the car felt like a dog and backed timing way off. Must have started knocking. My guess is it didn't mix up well enough in the tank. Made the switch to e85 after that and never looked back...
Where do you get your e85? Or is it e57?

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
It was easier to meet the octane number I needed with boostane than torco. But torco is cheaper.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Where do you get your e85? Or is it e57?
Everyone out here calls it E54 but I test it regularly and at good gas stations its consistantly 52%. I just said e85 for the sake of not confusing everyone else due to our weird regulations here. One guy said he got good e85 from a crappy looking station in Mesa but when I went by there to check it out they were completely sold out. I tried some sunoco e85r on my flex tune once but still prefer using e54 and staying on my e54r tune. It's much more aggressive than the flex tune.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Everyone out here calls it E54 but I test it regularly and at good gas stations its consistantly 52%. I just said e85 for the sake of not confusing everyone else due to our weird regulations here. One guy said he got good e85 from a crappy looking station in Mesa but when I went by there to check it out they were completely sold out. I tried some sunoco e85r on my flex tune once but still prefer using e54 and staying on my e54r tune. It's much more aggressive than the flex tune.
Who did you get an E54 tune from?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Lund. I bought a jlt intake and flex tune. Didn't even know they would include the e54r tune but they did. Thought I'd never use it since our ethanol gas stations are scarce but after trying it out I'm hooked. The timing down low is killer. I find myself not driving around as fast as I do on my flex tune because I can break the tires loose and have so much fun at lower speeds with it. You have to keep it revved up to really enjoy the flex tune. I only switch to flex now if I'm heading out of town.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Anyone on the East Coast test Wawa’s E85?

A lot of Wawa’s in my area are carrying it now

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Anyone on the East Coast test Wawa’s E85?

A lot of Wawa’s in my area are carrying it now
I use Thorntons , our WaWas here dont have e85. The Thorntons say 51-83% ethanol and ive had no problems at all.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I do live in Florida though, I think up north they may have winter blends with lower ethanol, not sure if that would be a problem though.