Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

Deleted member 35786

Ok so I am new to this forum and I too now have a failed Evap according to the dealer. I waited thirty years to buy a sports car and this is what I end up with. I have 37,450 miles on the car. The entire hood was replaced last month and now this problem. I am very disappointed with Ford. The dealer held my car for two weeks and Ford said no assistance will be given. Now the dealer will only charge $1,200 for the repair which is cheaper then what I see here but is still very expensive for a part that costs $150 or less. I will call Ford but have no expectation for them to help. When I do put my car up for sale I will never buy another Ford product or recommend them. Now I am thinking about doing this job myself, I am very capable of working on cars or just about anything. I would like to know if anyone has knowledge of the correct current part to use. The TSB shows this FR3Z19860B but also I see this part MOTORCRAFT YK260. Anyone know which is the best most up to date part for the job? Thanks for any info provided.
Both the same. One is the Ford part number the other Motorcraft. Take your pick.
Go to UAC's website. https://www.uacparts.com/Catalog/Index
Enter your vehicle info and then look under the part #EV 9409294PFC
And click the x ref tab under the item. A reference chart will pop up showing all compatible core part numbers.
Capture.PNG
Sponsored

Rich-2016 GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ok thanks for that link, now I see those parts on Ebay from UAC for about $60. The Ford and Motorcraft branded ones are around $150. Are those third party brands any good?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Ok so I am new to this forum and I too now have a failed Evap according to the dealer. ...

I am thinking about doing this job myself, I am very capable of working on cars or just about anything.
If you do replace the A/C evaporator yourself, please make any notes (beyond the Ford detailed TSB, which would be dash removal details) that could be helpful to others taking on the same job and post them up.

You have a copy of the Ford TSB? The link has been posted before.

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Limited Edition #1897
Ok so I am new to this forum and I too now have a failed Evap according to the dealer. I waited thirty years to buy a sports car and this is what I end up with. I have 37,450 miles on the car. The entire hood was replaced last month and now this problem. I am very disappointed with Ford. The dealer held my car for two weeks and Ford said no assistance will be given. Now the dealer will only charge $1,200 for the repair which is cheaper then what I see here but is still very expensive for a part that costs $150 or less. I will call Ford but have no expectation for them to help. When I do put my car up for sale I will never buy another Ford product or recommend them. Now I am thinking about doing this job myself, I am very capable of working on cars or just about anything. I would like to know if anyone has knowledge of the correct current part to use. The TSB shows this FR3Z19860B but also I see this part MOTORCRAFT YK260. Anyone know which is the best most up to date part for the job? Thanks for any info provided.
Be sure of your problem. You say now this. Be sure of what this is.

Sponsored

Rich-2016 GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I agree about what the problem is but my car sat at the dealership for two weeks and they did state the problem is the evaporator.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I agree about what the problem is but my car sat at the dealership for two weeks and they did state the problem is the evaporator.
Can't say the odds but there are dealers who err on the side of what's best for their bottom line.

Deleted member 35786

Ok thanks for that link, now I see those parts on Ebay from UAC for about $60. The Ford and Motorcraft branded ones are around $150. Are those third party brands any good?
I purchased a UAC AC Compressor for my daughters CRV a few years ago. Never had an issue yet and works great. I do believe it has a 1yr warranty, same as Motorcraft. I would call and check with UAC first before you purchase.
Good luck.

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
I'm on the third evaporator on my '16 Tech. 22,000 miles

Rich-2016 GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Geez three, I would sell that car yesterday. The dash has been removed three times, I couldn't do it.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Both the same. One is the Ford part number the other Motorcraft. Take your pick.
Go to UAC's website. https://www.uacparts.com/Catalog/Index
Enter your vehicle info and then look under the part #EV 9409294PFC
And click the x ref tab under the item. A reference chart will pop up showing all compatible core part numbers.
Capture.PNG

Great website for research - thanks for posting it up!

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys just stumbled on this thread and no I did not read 82 pages, so please bare with me if this has been answered. The issue my AC is having sounds a little different from what I've read the majority are having. My AC turns on, blows cold (not very cold though) but when I increase the fan speed it does nothing. A few months ago if I increased the fan speed it would respond but anywhere from 30 seconds to well over a minute after I turned the dial. Then if I decreased the fan speed, again it would not respond immediately. Is anybody else having this issue? If so what is the cause. I am pretty sure I am out of warranty since I have owned the car almost five years now and I have no plans on taking it to the stealership. I just want to make sure I buy the right replacement part. Thanks in advance.

Mike

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Just picked up the car from the dealer and the diagnosis was a leaking evaporator.

The original was replaced with FR3Z-19860-Y and that has now been replaced with FR3Z-19860-B and the AC is working again. However, I've driven four different loaners (19 F-150, 18 Cadillac XTS, 18 Silverado, 19 Fusion Hybrid) and rode in several other cars during my tenure with the Mustang and every single one of them blows colder than my car ever did. The AC system in this car is complete trash. Thankfully I was still covered under the CPO warranty and only out $100.

The S550 is a fun and great looking car but the build quality is atrocious.

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
Hey guys just stumbled on this thread and no I did not read 82 pages, so please bare with me if this has been answered. The issue my AC is having sounds a little different from what I've read the majority are having. My AC turns on, blows cold (not very cold though) but when I increase the fan speed it does nothing. A few months ago if I increased the fan speed it would respond but anywhere from 30 seconds to well over a minute after I turned the dial. Then if I decreased the fan speed, again it would not respond immediately. Is anybody else having this issue? If so what is the cause. I am pretty sure I am out of warranty since I have owned the car almost five years now and I have no plans on taking it to the stealership. I just want to make sure I buy the right replacement part. Thanks in advance.

Mike
That's a fan issue. I can't tell you the fix, but I would think it's easier and cheaper than the evap or compressor.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
That's a fan issue. I can't tell you the fix, but I would think it's easier and cheaper than the evap or compressor.
Well yes I know its a fan issue as the fan is what is not operating correctly , but the fan runs on the same system. Thus why I posed the question to see if anybody else was experiencing the same thing.
Sponsored