Sponsored

GT500 - Delayed until March

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
Seems like a pretty typical press event, not just for him..

The only thing that bothers me is that my ford dollars funds a low life utubers weekend
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

Yea, none of it makes a difference anyhow because there is nothing anyone can do about it. I just hate to see people take a back seat to a YouTube'r.

So Ford is paying to fly him around the country and review Ford products. He has been put into the #1 position at his dealership after initially having been in the #3 spot. Hmm, ok, whatever. This doesn't affect me, however it does affect other people.

I highly doubt that all three orders were CFTPs. He himself in his own words stated that he used his ford contacts to get this done. Anyway, whatever.......
I dont disagree with your statements.

Question- what cars would be getting delivered right now?
20190917_190711.jpg

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
#1 CFTP, #2 base (me) #3 Stangmode = flip flop

I couldn't justify CFTP for my usage.

I look forward to his video of actually driving the GT500

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
jvandy50 made a good point. It would piss a lot of people off. So this guy is #2 at his dealership and he gets put on top because he has a YouTube channel? That's crap. If Ford cared about this guys YouTube channel so much, they should have given him a VIP allocation.

Now a fellow enthusiast has to wait. Why is a guy with a YouTube channel more important? Especially when his purchase decision was an afterthought and a last minute plea to any dealer who would give him an MSRP deal?

Really.
...and this REALLY makes me question the way they "say" they aren't pulling orders like they did in 2016. It's who you know - it's the big dealers getting the first allocations, just like last time. Waited almost 11 months for my R because my dealer isn't huge. I feel like the same thing is about to happen here.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
...and this REALLY makes me question the way they "say" they aren't pulling orders like they did in 2016. It's who you know - it's the big dealers getting the first allocations, just like last time. Waited almost 11 months for my R because my dealer isn't huge. I feel like the same thing is about to happen here.
FWIW my build date is the week of October 21st and I’m nobody famous ordering from a small, rural dealer in Minnesota. I have done a fair bit of bugging my dealer about things so maybe he and the regional manager are just tired of my shit.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Seems like a pretty typical press event, not just for him..

The only thing that bothers me is that my ford dollars funds a low life utubers weekend
Wow. Jaded much. I don’t know the guy nor never met him but calling him a low life is pretty strong. Appears to be a fellow Mustang lover family man to me.
I can’t say the guy has done anything wrong or wronged anyone. Simple playing Ford’s game and had a great weekend with his family.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
#1 CFTP, #2 base (me) #3 Stangmode = flip flop

I couldn't justify CFTP for my usage.

I look forward to his video of actually driving the GT500
Did he (Stangmode) swap with #1? If so, that explains it.

FWIW my build date is the week of October 21st and I’m nobody famous ordering from a small, rural dealer in Minnesota. I have done a fair bit of bugging my dealer about things so maybe he and the regional manager are just tired of my shit.
Also for what it's worth, I too am a nobody who ordered from a very small dealership in New Mexico with a build week of 10/14. I also ordered late, on 7/29.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty much the same scenario here. I pestered my salesman to talk to the regional rep, he did and next thing I knew my car was pulled.

OP
OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Wow. Jaded much. I don’t know the guy nor never met him but calling him a low life is pretty strong. Appears to be a fellow Mustang lover family man to me.
I can’t say the guy has done anything wrong or wronged anyone. Simple playing Ford’s game and had a great weekend with his family.
Agreed. Nothing wrong with being a YouTuber and monitoring your channel. Grinding is grinding. StangMode will do a great review of the car and he definitely brings a “real” feel to car reviewers. We don’t need another Doug or Matt.

I know personally I’m just being a pissy sour grapes guy who is jealous that I’m still waiting on a build date.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Did he (Stangmode) swap with #1? If so, that explains it.

Also for what it's worth, I too am a nobody who ordered from a very small dealership in New Mexico with a build week of 10/14. I also ordered late, on 7/29.
No Stangmode jumped from 3 to 1, while 1 & 2 patiently wait for our VINs.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Maybe there aren't any huge dealers in the area? Don't know. What I do know is that the local giant had 3 GT350Rs delivered 7 months before mine was even built.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Meh. The man is on youtube that touches a LOT of viewers. Young and hip, it is a lot of free advertisement. Look @ Popeye's and you do not have to look any further. He can get his car, blog and talk about it, generate the hype because he will 1/4 mile it, and it's all free for Ford. All they did is pay for a plane ticket and give him a place to stay. Peanuts in the marketing budget.

This compared to much older guys on a car forum that not everyone reads or even belong to, complaining arguing, trolling from one subject to the next. Most will get the car and WRITE about it, some may post a pic or too, but nobody will blog and video about it. If you was Ford who would you cater to ? Face it, this is the new world, and social media is king.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I can't even stand to watch his videos, not sure how anyone else does either. He annoys the hell out of me lol.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I’m in the mid part of nowhere USA. Smaller dealer and I got a 10/7 build date. So some orders must be random. I did get order in day 1 though.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
social media is king.
Ninjak: Your logic is sound and I don't think the point can be argued, the corporation is always thinking about expenses and if they can get free advertising for simply changing the order of a few vehicle builds, they will do it every time.

I'm just hoping that the younger generation wakes up one day and sees how foolish some of this online activity really is.
Sponsored