Boost Box Omega

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I just wanted to update this thread regarding the Lund boost box omega, I installed my box this weekend and after entering the values from the website it read - 9.657 @ idle which is not accurate. My value for the calculation was 1.01 I also have a GFB II boost controller and plumbed in a mechanical boost gauge for reference, at WOT the readings were as follows :

GFB II = 15.2 psi
Boost box omega = 14.7 -15.25 psi
Mechanical boost gauge = 15.5 psi

So as you can see from the results all 3 are very close in the readings the Lund box may not read accurate at idle but it is accurate under WOT and that's all that matters as I can read vacuum on my GFB II or the PP gauges which read the same 21 - 22 inches at idle.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated

Was your boost controller showing a steady 15.2 psi while the boost box was fluctuating?

I had the previous model and it used to vary much more wildly than your findings, so that's great news.
Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated

Was your boost controller showing a steady 15.2 psi while the boost box was fluctuating?

I had the previous model and it used to vary much more wildly than your findings, so that's great news.
The boost controller fluctuates between 14.7 and 15.2 I just got everything going and can probably dial that in a little closer with the sensitivity adjustment on the controller.

Psyliptic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 3
Hi Guys, were did you all route the vacuum line thru the firewall? Maybe the sound tube hole? Were does the sound tube hole enter the car? Anyone have any pics?

awdtsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
There is a hole behind the gas pedal. It's like 3 bolts to remove the pedal. That's where I routed mine. I think that's the sound tube hole but I don't remember for sure.

Sponsored

awdtsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks awdtsi. Is this are only option?
I believe there is another opening down below the brake master cylinder but the way I did it seemed like the easiest option to me. I was able the route the hose along the fuel rails and under the engine cover for a clean look.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Take your drivers side inner fender liner out then you will see a little nub on the side of where the wiring harness goes through the firewall, cut the nub off and run the vacuum line through it.

Reactions: Gee

xxchieferxx

lol@ mpg
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Take your drivers side inner fender liner out then you will see a little nub on the side of where the wiring harness goes through the firewall, cut the nub off and run the vacuum line through it.
15359125453022117832061982402813.jpg

runner25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
which line did you guys tap into for your whipple setup? where did you route your vac line into the cabin through? Any pictures would be awesome. I know this isn't a hard install but i just want to see some clean setups.
Where did you end up tapping into? I have a Gen 5 Whipple, wonder how similar it is. Any pics? Thanks!

Sponsored

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just received mine. Hoping to hook it up this week to the Edelbrock. I assume I'll need a hard nylon tube kit, but I'm not sure how well that will stay on the Omega box little mount? Or will soft vacuum lines work? I figure a soft line will cause fluctuations in the readings?

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I just received mine. Hoping to hook it up this week to the Edelbrock. I assume I'll need a hard nylon tube kit, but I'm not sure how well that will stay on the Omega box little mount? Or will soft vacuum lines work? I figure a soft line will cause fluctuations in the readings?
I use a soft 3mm (1/8) line without issue

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I used soft 1/8” no issues either. Had it routed all the way to the passenger side floorboard kick panel inside.

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
That was my next question. Recommendations on where you guys were going through the firewall. And where you found some room under the dash to mount the box. I have 6ft of line and a 6ft firewire cable to connect the Omega Box to the BDX, which I have mounted next to the radio. I should have plenty of options inside the cabin.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
That was my next question. Recommendations on where you guys were going through the firewall. And where you found some room under the dash to mount the box. I have 6ft of line and a 6ft firewire cable to connect the Omega Box to the BDX, which I have mounted next to the radio. I should have plenty of options inside the cabin.
I went through the big grommet that is already in the passenger foot well behind the fender liner. The omega was actually under the fuse panel cover right there. I think it's fuse #26 did an add a fuse for ignition power. But beware it's a micro fuse.
Sponsored