Sponsored

edelbrock 2650 stg2 vs Whipple stg 2 on 93 which one !!!

edelbrock 2650 stg2 vs Whipple stg 2 on 93 which one do you choose !!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I plan to get a supercharger kit before next spring and have chatted with a few techs who have installed different brands. Wsfrazier's 2nd point above is something I have heard repeatedly. Since I plan to use the tune that comes with the kit, I have ruled out the Edelbrock kit. I have yet to hear a negative about the Whipple kits.
Sponsored

Last edited:

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
The fuel rail issue is there but it is not as bad as some make out. Get the allens with the ball on the end and set aside some extra time and it won't be that big of a deal. Make sure you have an extra pair of hands to switch out with to get a break while still making progress to minimize frustration. I wouldn't let something so minor be the deciding factor in such a big purchase.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
2) The Edelbrock tune is garbage. I have constant surging and bucking in the low RPM range when boost first comes on. It's so bad the car will go into limp mode (throws a tq table calc code). I am already working with PBD for a custom tune. If you get the Edelbrock, just budget and take into account a custom tune, you will want one I guarantee it.
The Whipple tune is the reason I bought it. When my '15 had the Magnuson with the 6R80, the tune was bad for daily driving. I had it tuned by a local tuner, still bad. Then PBD, still not very good. I am convinced some blowers just don't tune well for some reason. I don't know if this is the case with Edlebrock or not.

That said, I wouldn't give up on the Edlebrock. It has great internals and looks the best of the PD blowers in my opinion. I would get more opinions from Edlebrock owners that describe drivability before I decided to change. The other reason I went with Whipple is because their kit, with no other mods, has a 3 yr 36,000 warranty on the blower. Gotta spend $599 for a powertrain warranty.

And, now that I've got the blower on, I am seriously thinking OPG/Sprocket which voids the WHipple warranty anyhow.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
The Whipple tune is the reason I bought it. When my '15 had the Magnuson with the 6R80, the tune was bad for daily driving. I had it tuned by a local tuner, still bad. Then PBD, still not very good. I am convinced some blowers just don't tune well for some reason. I don't know if this is the case with Edlebrock or not.

That said, I wouldn't give up on the Edlebrock. It has great internals and looks the best of the PD blowers in my opinion. I would get more opinions from Edlebrock owners that describe drivability before I decided to change. The other reason I went with Whipple is because their kit, with no other mods, has a 3 yr 36,000 warranty on the blower. Gotta spend $599 for a powertrain warranty.

And, now that I've got the blower on, I am seriously thinking OPG/Sprocket which voids the WHipple warranty anyhow.
The base tune I have from PBD is already loads better, and I haven't even flashed my first revision yet. Car drives almost factory again, so it doesn't seem like the blower is the issue. I am happier now :)

Warranty wasn't a concern for me. Since these warranties require a certified tech to do the install, I wouldn't qualify. Did the install myself over a weekend in a garage. I was really torn with whipple vs edelbrock 2650 myself. I went with the Edelbrock because I wanted as much low end TQ as I could get since the car is 90% a daily driver. The low end of the TVS 2650 makes the car a fun street car and still good for occasional weekend drag strip racing.

The Edelbrock is still a great kit and I don't regret it, the fuel rails were my only complaint, but given how tight the space is, I understand why it's designed like that. Was the only frustrating part of the install, the rest was easy and plug-n-play.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The base tune I have from PBD is already loads better, and I haven't even flashed my first revision yet. Car drives almost factory again, so it doesn't seem like the blower is the issue. I am happier now :)

Warranty wasn't a concern for me. Since these warranties require a certified tech to do the install, I wouldn't qualify. Did the install myself over a weekend in a garage. I was really torn with whipple vs edelbrock 2650 myself. I went with the Edelbrock because I wanted as much low end TQ as I could get since the car is 90% a daily driver. The low end of the TVS 2650 makes the car a fun street car and still good for occasional weekend drag strip racing.

The Edelbrock is still a great kit and I don't regret it, the fuel rails were my only complaint, but given how tight the space is, I understand why it's designed like that. Was the only frustrating part of the install, the rest was easy and plug-n-play.
You should post a photo for the op to see. I think the Edelbrock is the better looking blower.

Sponsored

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
You should post a photo for the op to see. I think the Edelbrock is the better looking blower.
i always thought that it was better looking unit than the whipple ,but my favorite is the black out Vortech!!

Sponsored
OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got the edelbrock stage 2 installed and I love it so far. It made 728whp with a custom tune.
20190917_140116.jpg
which injectors and what fuel is it tune on at 728 hp is that rear wheel ..also is it manual or auto !! How do you like it how does it drive , -It looks great this is what i was leaning towards stg 2 Edelbrock ..any dyno charts ,sorry for so many questions very interested !!! is this through factory cats

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[QUOTE="revinto7, post: 2661572, member: 13219" LOOKS ABSOLUTELY INSANE !!!]which injectors and what fuel is it tune on at 728 hp is that rear wheel ..also is it manual or auto !! How do you like it how does it drive , -It looks great this is what i was leaning towards stg 2 Edelbrock ..any dyno charts ,sorry for so many questions very interested !!! is this through factory cats[/QUOTE]

zinbr10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
which injectors and what fuel is it tune on at 728 hp is that rear wheel ..also is it manual or auto !! How do you like it how does it drive , -It looks great this is what i was leaning towards stg 2 Edelbrock ..any dyno charts ,sorry for so many questions very interested !!! is this through factory cats
The injectors that came with the kit on 93. Tuned by lund racing and its 728 rear wheel and 600+ trq I have LTH no cats

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just got the edelbrock stage 2 installed and I love it so far. It made 728whp with a custom tune.
20190917_140116.jpg

Very stout and very sharp looking setup, how much boost

Even with factory exhaust I bet it would still be over 650, man that’s impressive
Sponsored