Sponsored

Tyre Stickers - Yes or No ?!

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Which makes me think, are those Ā£100+ stickers from USA transferable to new tyres?
I don't believe so as they use a special adhesive to put them on in the first place and as they're rubber to rubber I would imagine there's some melting/chemical reaction taking place so no chance of removing and refitting to new tyres.

Either way I'll let you know when I've done mine. Had a note from Royal Mail to say there's a parcel waiting for me. Not sure if it's my Michelin stickers from the US or some model car parts though!

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Whaddya know? The parcel was indeed my stickers!

20190918-101003-1.jpg

4 x stickers, 1 x bottle of prep cleaner, 1 x bottle of sticker cleaner and 1 x bottle of adhesive.

The stickers themselves are a thick, sticky rubber and from the feel of them will be like applying a puncture repair to a bike innertube with a similiar melting effect that I mentioned above so there is no way these will be transferable once applied. Twice so because the bumpf with it says to remove you peel one corner back and then grip and rip with a pair of pliers! :D

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2

20190918-101003-1.jpg

4 x stickers, 1 x bottle of prep cleaner, 1 x bottle of sticker cleaner and 1 x bottle of adhesive.

The stickers themselves are a thick, sticky rubber and from the feel of them will be like applying a puncture repair to a bike innertube with a similiar melting effect that I mentioned above so there is no way these will be transferable once applied. Twice so because the bumpf with it says to remove you peel one corner back and then grip and rip with a pair of pliers! :D
Good luck with it - post pix when done

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow edition Grabber Blue

20190918-101003-1.jpg

Yay nice one. All those years of watching Blue Peter are now going to pay off!

Sponsored

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

How did you get on?

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
For the sake of completeness, here are the gel stickers with two per tyre! Twice as good! (So, 4 would be four times as good, yes?)

IMG_5198.jpg

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
I
For the sake of completeness, here are the gel stickers with two per tyre! Twice as good! (So, 4 would be four times as good, yes?)

IMG_5198.jpg
Think you need to go the whole hog and get illuminated tyres!!
1hist10cut.jpg

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
They're a bit of a bastard to apply. The adhesive is like superglue only worse!

They supply a pair of latex gloves but the nature of the adhesive means the second any gets on the gloves they then become one with the very next thing they touch! So you don't use them. Then the adhesive gets on your fingers because you applied it all the way to the edge of the rubber in order to get a good seal and then it sets all over your fingers and won't peel off. I ended up filing my fingers to get rid of the worst of it with a bastard file. Not even joking. None of this was helped by the fact my particular stickers were almost the same size as the available sidewall I had to play with so it made fitting a little tricky.

Anyways, they do look pretty cool:

20190925-153706-1.jpg

20190919-171520-1.jpg
upload images online

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
They look great.

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
They're a bit of a bastard to apply. The adhesive is like superglue only worse!

They supply a pair of latex gloves but the nature of the adhesive means the second any gets on the gloves they then become one with the very next thing they touch! So you don't use them. Then the adhesive gets on your fingers because you applied it all the way to the edge of the rubber in order to get a good seal and then it sets all over your fingers and won't peel off. I ended up filing my fingers to get rid of the worst of it with a bastard file. Not even joking. None of this was helped by the fact my particular stickers were almost the same size as the available sidewall I had to play with so it made fitting a little tricky.

Anyways, they do look pretty cool:

20190925-153706-1.jpg

20190919-171520-1.jpg
upload images online
So from your post I get the feeling they were a little tricky to apply?:crackup:

Bastard file I remember those from metalwork at school.

Anyway yes looks great and due to the size you could even stick them over cheapo Bolvian remoulds and nobody would know. Hang on I just gave dealers that idea!:crazy:
Sponsored