Sponsored

Blackstone oil analysis

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
^ I've done quite a few Blackstone analyses on my RS4 (another high revving V8), and every one of them is good. I have been on BobIsTheOilGuy forum where people have posted bad reports just before engine catastrophe.

I speculate that for OCD folks (like us), Blackstone is overkill and >99.9% of the reports are positive. But for the guys that race with purpose built motors... the analysis may be the difference between a proactive rebuild and a disaster.
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Ah, I just received my analysis on my first oil change a couple hours ago. This was just to get a baseline and comparison to Amsoil for next change. 2,600 miles on car. TBN was 6.9 but I think the oil only had a little over a thousand miles on it if the dealer I bought it from did indeed change it.

Side note: Has anyone ever had an interesting or bad report? lol Every one I've done for any of my cars has always kinda been the same thing. Makes me think it's a great way to make money. Run test, tell person everything looks as expected, ..., profit!
I had some from my 90k mile 630 rwhp CTS-V that they said had some levels of lead that were a bit higher than ideal. Car ran great until I totaled it, but my catch can would catch a ton of oil. Like 12+ oz in 5k miles.

Yxc5E8W.jpg

Vgvlop1.jpg

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Thought I'd add my recent Blackstone report as well... 12,772 miles on my 2016 GT350, including 9 track days, 3 of which were on Hoosier R7 30-series tires, so I was turning higher RPMs throughout. I have used nothing but Motorcraft 5W50 in this car. It seems to be doing the job just fine.
Blackstone Report.jpg

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I posted this on TMO a while back. It's an analysis that I had done because I was curious. This summer I did a bunch of track days - enough that the OLM was counting down because of use rather than just the passage of time. It hit 11% at 6500 miles with 1200 miles of at-speed track miles on the oil. I changed at 11% because there was a drip forming on the drain plug (new one installed now). There were three quarts of top-up over the interval.

There isn't a lot to say about it - one thing is that the oil was within 0.3 cSt of still being a 5w50 viscosity. It tested at 16.0 and the lower limit for a 50 is 16.3. It sheared down from 21 or whatever it is new, but it was very close to "stay in grade" performance. The oil was quite dark when I drained it, but I'd done a little kitchen sink chromatography (a blotter test) that showed the oil was still fine. And the test show that it was fine - surprisingly so.

GT350 UOA with comments for online 2019 08 31.jpg

BTW, NIT is nitration, which is an indicator of combustion efficiency and the tendency of the oil to form varnish. Blackstone doesn't do this test as part of their basic package, but it's one of the most useful tests in the whole array. Nitration below 10 is excellent.