Status
Not open for further replies.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Corvette C8 = Mid engine. OMG its going to be junk until I say so.......
I never have stated and never will say the c8 is junk it a great car but it's not Gods gift to the automotive world.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
"The Camaro doesnt sell well and might likely die after this generation. But now that the entry price of a mid engine vette is less than the top tier Camaro what GM will be trying to do is make all Camaro owners C8 owners if the Camaro goes the way of the dinosaur."

Which makes a hell of alot of sense if you ask me. Move your entire customer base upscale.
Yep that's c6g thinking do you really think everyone who might have bought a camaro is going to buy a c8. Besides styling one of the reasons camaro didn't sell well is it's customer base couldn't afford it and now you think those who couldn't afford a $40.000 car is going to buy a $60.000 car. Man what have you and the c6g crowd been smoking.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Yep that's c6g thinking do you really think everyone who might have bought a camaro is going to buy a c8. Besides styling one of the reasons camaro didn't sell well is it's customer base couldn't afford it and now you think those who couldn't afford a $40.000 car is going to buy a $60.000 car. Man what have you and the c6g crowd been smoking.
What C6G site are you talking about? I only use this site. Did I say base model 40k car? I said its cheaper than the top tier meaning ZL1 Camaro which DOES COST MORE than a base C8. Reading > You.

Also GM is chopping priced of the 2019s since they are having trouble moving them with the abortion of a facelift.

So explain how anything of my statement is wrong or is it simply that you cant read and comprehend it. You are reading and assuming.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Ford GT supercar = Mid engine. OMG its so awesome just look at it!!

Corvette C8 = Mid engine. OMG its going to be junk until I say so.......

That type of consensus from people that act that way is quite comical.

So let me get this straight. No one talks shit about Fords mid engine car because its eleventybillion dollars but yet the C8 that IS ATTAINABLE for many is trash?

The fanboyism blows my mind here.

Yet anyone that says anything around here about the C8 is a troll.

LOL. C8 is a game changer simply based on its performance per dollar period.

Funny thing is the Vette has always been alot of car for the money.
You catch on quick.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What C6G site are you talking about? I only use this site. Did I say base model 40k car? I said its cheaper than the top tier meaning ZL1 Camaro which DOES COST MORE than a base C8. Reading > You.

Also GM is chopping priced of the 2019s since they are having trouble moving them with the abortion of a facelift.

So explain how anything of my statement is wrong or is it simply that you cant read and comprehend it. You are reading and assuming.
You are so damn funny how many zl1's did they sell then translate that into c8 sales ain't going to be much. You and many others here just think about tracking and racing your cars and that's just fine but a car stays in production because of it's sales volume and a few hundred more potential zl1 converts doesn't mean anything. It's sales to the general public who don't track or race there cars to keep it in production. That's why Ford can sell 5000 GT500's at top dollar because they know that the enthusiast will snap them up and the main stream Mustang will sell plenty enough to keep it's platform affordable.

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are so damn funny how many zl1's did they sell then translate that into c8 sales ain't going to be much. You and many others here just think about tracking and racing your cars and that's just fine but a car stays in production because of it's sales volume and a few hundred more potential zl1 converts doesn't mean anything. It's sales to the general public who don't track or race there cars to keep it in production. That's why Ford can sell 5000 GT500's at top dollar because they know that the enthusiast will snap them up and the main stream Mustang will sell plenty enough to keep it's platform affordable.
Go look at how many C7 vettes were sold over the entire generation hint. 2014 to 2017. Hint its a SHITLOAD!

Then go figure out how many mustang and camaros were sold over current generation.

2016 current for Camaro
2015 current for Mustang.

Report back when you figure out the sheer number of Vette sales. INCLUDING ALL TRIM LEVELS Base Z51 Grand Sport Z06 ZR1.

Also you bring up the top tier GT500 thats still a damn chassis shared with an ecoboost 30k car and an optioned GT500 will be in the 90k range 3 times the base chassis. The GT500 will make up a very very small % of Mustang sales.

And yeah no shit cars stay in production due to volume.

As I already pointed out the Vette has been made every single year except 1 since 1953. LOL.

Math isnt your strength is it?

Do I need to explain why Dodge is still selling a Challenger on an ancient chassis and selling more of them that GM is selling Camaros?

How many people bailed on Ford because there was no GT500 and bought Hellcats?

I bet that number is huge.

There I gave you some info now run along and dig up the numbers instead of your mouth.

Lastly want to bet me C8 salea absolutely STOMP GT500 sales?

BUT BUT BUTTTT the GT500 is so awesome!!?? Its too god damn expensive 10k for painted on stripes LOL get bent Ford.

The C8s will sell like crazy based on cost of entry alone!!

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Go look at how many C7 vettes were sold over the entire generation hint. 2014 to 2017. Hint its a SHITLOAD!

Then go figure out how many mustang and camaros were sold over current generation.

2016 current for Camaro
2015 current for Mustang.

Report back when you figure out the sheer number of Vette sales. INCLUDING ALL TRIM LEVELS Base Z51 Grand Sport Z06 ZR1.

Also you bring up the top tier GT500 thats still a damn chassis shared with an ecoboost 30k car and an optioned GT500 will be in the 90k range 3 times the base chassis. The GT500 will make up a very very small % of Mustang sales.

And yeah no shit cars stay in production due to volume.

As I already pointed out the Vette has been made every single year except 1 since 1953. LOL.

Math isnt your strength is it?

Do I need to explain why Dodge is still selling a Challenger on an ancient chassis and selling more of them that GM is selling Camaros?

How many people bailed on Ford because there was no GT500 and bought Hellcats?

I bet that number is huge.

There I gave you some info now run along and dig up the numbers instead of your mouth.

:cwl: What a bunch of drivel I can see your right and everyone else is wrong and you always have to have to last word. So I'll leave you with this quote and not pay anymore attention to your narrow minded view.
never-argue-with-stupid-people-they-will-drag-you-down-12072413.png

I was afraid you were about to beat me with your expereance

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

He thinks anyone that likes the c8 automatically loves everything Chevy including the Camaro. He fails to believe that anyone could just like the c8 and not other Chevy products.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
:cwl: What a bunch of drivel I can see your right and everyone else is wrong and you always have to have to last word. So I'll leave you with this quote and not pay anymore attention to your narrow minded view.

Are you calling yourself stupid or him? Just need clarification lol

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right!! My wifes 2018 Malibu is a rolling pile of garbage and its been into the dealer 5 times with under 20k miles on it.

The Camaro facelift is an abortion and cost too much for a 10 speed V8 car. I dont give a damn about the rest of the options. Ill take crank windows and cloth seats and hubcaps if itll make the car cheaper. LOL

ALL the new GM pickups are god awful ugly too.

But that mid engine C8 greatness is a whole different story.......

LMFAO is that better for some of you?

Did I talk enough shit about GM?

Am I doing it right yet?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Right!! My wifes 2018 Malibu is a rolling pile of garbage and its been into the dealer 5 times with under 20k miles on it.

The Camaro facelift is an abortion and coat too much.

ALL the new GM pickups are god awful ugly too.

But that mid engine C8 greatness is a whole different story.......

LMFAO is that better for some of you?

Did I talk enough shit about GM?

Am I doing it right yet?
I agree, not a fan of most gm products. Hate basically all Corvettes, and expected the c8 to suck. I fully admit I was wrong about the c8. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I guess I understand brand loyalty but why does having a differing opinions on a car automatically make us gm lovers lol?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Dodge is still selling a Challenger on an ancient chassis
it's not THAT old. 2011 for the LD platform which was shortened in 2015 to the 'LA'. At the same time in 2015 the LD was "all new" for use in the Charger but shared many similarities with the LX. You can thank Daimler Benz for the engineering on those. The Camaro chassis (Alpha, 2012) vs Mustang (somewhere between 2005-2014 or 2015). It's Ford who is arguably asleep at the wheel depending on how much is truly different between S197 and S550 while admittedly discounting the introduction of the IRS - which BTW was completed WAY back in 2005 but instead of shipping it they saddled 10 years of Mustangs with the very pedestrian and very very crude crap with tremendously high unsprung weight.

The LX/LD was designed for the luxury car segment so wide and boaty was part of the spec.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Are you calling yourself stupid or him? Just need clarification lol
I took it as a warning/threat similar to "I know karate".

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500

Very well said about him:crackup::cwl:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.