Sponsored

Installs On The Stage 2 Edelbrock 2650 Are Going Down!

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
I don't like the looks of the top mount intercoolers
Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Smog legal until you go aftermarket tune then CA will fail you and Edelbrock will void your warranty. Something to think about.
Which is different from the other blowers in what way?
Let’s not forget that some users are not liking the Edelbrok tune at all, just like other manufacturers.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Should make solid power, I was running 12psi through a stock fuel pump an no BAP. Held .78 lambda and stayed within +/-2% on fuel trims. Fuel pressure was 55+ even at peak RPM so it held quite well.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Which is different from the other blowers in what way?
This was in reference to people suggesting an aftermarket tune. I was just giving them some information if warranty is of concern. Ca people see carb legal and think they are good to go no matter what.

Edelbrock offers one hell of a warranty vs the other manufacturers. And it covers the tranny and diff not just the engine.

Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
This was in reference to people suggesting an aftermarket tune. I was just giving them some information if warranty is of concern. Ca people see carb legal and think they are good to go no matter what.

Edelbrock offers one hell of a warranty vs the other manufacturers. And it covers the tranny and diff not just the engine.
Wow, so if you install a Edelbrock Supercharger on your mustang and you kill your transmission they will fix it under their warranty.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
What A deal!
"Edelbrock 3/36k powertrain warranty will cover up to $16,500 for parts of repairs for the engine, transmission or rear axle components of a warranted vehicle if it suffers a mechanical failure"

Now this goes from vehicle in service date not the date you purchase the kit. This would be perfect for a new car off the lot. Still get your Ford warranty and peace of mind powertrain warranty through Edelbrock.

No other blower manufacturer touches this.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That's a stout warranty, but guys r complaining how bad the canned tune is and to a guy who wants a warranty this stinks

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
That's a stout warranty, but guys r complaining how bad the canned tune is and to a guy who wants a warranty this stinks
It stinks you want a warranty on 700+rwhp from a 470rwhp drivetrain?
How they gonna have a warranty if they provide balls out tune that doesnt allow for gumbies putting 89 octane in the tank after a tank of 93?
Go stage 2 EB or Whipple and skip the warranty.
There’s enough reading on M6G you can learn everything not to do and be just fine:
No cold WOT
No crap gas
Dont pulley down

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It stinks you want a warranty on 700+rwhp from a 470rwhp drivetrain?
How they gonna have a warranty if they provide balls out tune that doesnt allow for gumbies putting 89 octane in the tank after a tank of 93?
Go stage 2 EB or Whipple and skip the warranty.
There’s enough reading on M6G you can learn everything not to do and be just fine:
No cold WOT
No crap gas
Dont pulley down
I know what to do and not to do, the point is u r spending 7500 for a kit with an inferior tune. Sounds like he Tommy boy movie, I can poo in box but the box has a warranty stamped on it to make u feel all warm and fuzzy.

If u want the warranty , at least the manufacturer should provide a drivable, quality tune and from the looks of it, their not?

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Keep in mind there are stipulations for that warranty. One of which being the kit has to be proven to be installed by a certified mechanic. If you install it yourself in the garage, no warranty.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
If u want the warranty , at least the manufacturer should provide a drivable, quality tune and from the looks of it, their not?
I and many others have had no issues with the Edelbrock tune. Mine is a fantastic daily driver. Most including me will want a more aggressive tune eventually, that is the nature of car modders. I don't get why you want them to give you a custom tune specifically to your car and still give warranty? Did Ford give you a custom tune when you bought the car? You paid good money for that car! People are getting more power and better driving characteristics from custom NA tunes! Why aren't you complaining about that? If you want a warranty you will have a conservative tune that won't be perfected to your individual car but will probably work pretty good for most people. NA or FI. Otherwise skip the warranty and enjoy the custom tune of your choice.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I and many others have had no issues with the Edelbrock tune. Mine is a fantastic daily driver. Most including
I and many others have had no issues with the Edelbrock tune. Mine is a fantastic daily driver. Most including me will want a more aggressive tune eventually, that is the nature of car modders. I don't get why you want them to give you a custom tune specifically to your car and still give warranty? Did Ford give you a custom tune when you bought the car? You paid good money for that car! People are getting more power and better driving characteristics from custom NA tunes! Why aren't you complaining about that? If you want a warranty you will have a conservative tune that won't be perfected to your individual car but will probably work pretty good for most people. NA or FI. Otherwise skip the warranty and enjoy the custom tune of your choice.
me will want a more aggressive tune eventually, that is the nature of car modders. I don't get why you want them to give you a custom tune specifically to your car and still give warranty? Did Ford give you a custom tune when you bought the car? You paid good money for that car! People are getting more power and better driving characteristics from custom NA tunes! Why aren't you complaining about that? If you want a warranty you will have a conservative tune that won't be perfected to your individual car but will probably work pretty good for most people. NA or FI. Otherwise skip the warranty and enjoy the custom tune of your choice.

I never said I wanted a custom tune, I just wanted a canned tune that doesn’t stall, run ruff, throw cel’s

Go read bud, it's know problem. Guys with these kits r putting it out there, I’m all in for a custom tune at some point but if u pay 7000-8000 dont u think the tune they give should perform correctly. I’d gladly give up 50-60hp as long as the car runs right

Dalton has been very helpful, after all he runs the kit on his 9 Sec GT. I’m going to a car show in Oct and he will be there, hoping to see a few of his Edelbrock cars there too.

Don’t get me wrong, if worse comes to worse I would custom tune it and be done with it

Last edited:

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
Smog legal until you go aftermarket tune then CA will fail you and Edelbrock will void your warranty. Something to think about.
I don't think California will see any part of a tune when you take the car for smog. If the kit is carb approved and you leave the factory cats you should be golden.

Smog these days is a joke. They just plug into obd2 and look for codes and CEL's.

Aftermarket tune will probably run cleaner than the canned tune.
Sponsored