Status
Not open for further replies.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
So far the only thing a c8 has crushed has been a chevy Equinox and a Ford Ranger :giggle:
corvette-c8-crash.jpg

67549993_494072188088722_154528979195138116_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.cdninstagram.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlgQYnlfwF7maPjQb1jcwn19NBb3DWg6Pz-sDUq-FDK_3tMFgc.jpg

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
The C8 spanks the 350........so what, how many times have the results of such comparisons been incorrect? Or biased?
I’m an old school gearhead, not going to jump for the next biggest, fastest thing....I’d rather have a basic car that I’ve built and go out and embarrass the crap out of those kinds of people.
If you got crazy money, hell, do your thing!
But if you line up you shiny wizbang C8 next to my 86 SVO, all you’ll see is tail lights till the 1/4 is done.
I doubt you'd be racing on the track next to those guys if your car is modded that much and has DRs. Even if you did I doubt any rational person would be embarrassed if they lost to a highly modded SVO in their brand new Vette. Your Vette could probably also beat a new GT500. You think the owner is going to care one bit?
Well it looks like all the C8 owners might have to wait a little longer for there new babies now that GM is on strike.
There are already negotiations and offers put out. I don't think GM is going to let this drag out long enough to hinder the delivery of this car. I think the last time this happened was back in 2006 or 2007 and it lasted only 2 days.
1124 posts about a car that doesn’t exist, yet. Is that a new record?

And don’t diss an SVO until you know what he’s done to it...
It does exist. It just isn't built for deliveries yet. But they are out there in the wild and are on tour at dealerships all over the country. So it is in the same state as the GT500. And there are bunch of GT500 threads that are way longer than this.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I doubt you'd be racing on the track next to those guys if your car is modded that much and has DRs. Even if you did I doubt any rational person would be embarrassed if they lost to a highly modded SVO in their brand new Vette. Your Vette could probably also beat a new GT500. You think the owner is going to care one bit?
The Fox body Mustangs always surprise me with how well they do in both straight line and in handling. that said, the geometry just isn't there for the curves versus today's cars. Modern geometry and suspension means not only do the newer cars start off on a better foot, they have much greater potential. Track times now were unheard of back in the day. Very curious to see how well the engine placement in the C8 enables it to handle - not only in stock form, but with aftermarket suspension upgrades, etc. GM went on a landline kick a few years back and it's worked out well. Hopefully the C8 is all the engineers hoped it would be. It's hard to nail down though. I mean Porsche does wonders with the mid-engine handling. But many supercars with the same engine location don't fare nearly as well. Porsche has had practice and they just keep improving in iterations. Not really changing the formula too much each time. GM is just out of the gate here. But I think they have the engineers to do it right. Going to be a fun ride seeing how it fares in the real world. It represents the absolute pinnacle of GM engineering.

There are already negotiations and offers put out. I don't think GM is going to let this drag out long enough to hinder the delivery of this car. I think the last time this happened was back in 2006 or 2007 and it lasted only 2 days.
Strikes are difficult. Unless there is some legit underpayment or underhanded dealings going on, just get to work. I'm good with unions. worked for one and it was great. but trying to force things by not working is a mess. Businesses just don't magically print money to give to you. There is a lot of personnel management happening to keep things financially healthy.

It does exist. It just isn't built for deliveries yet. But they are out there in the wild and are on tour at dealerships all over the country. So it is in the same state as the GT500. And there are bunch of GT500 threads that are way longer than this.
In fairness, this is a Mustang-centric site, so a high number of posts from folks excited about the GT500 is expected. The c8 posts from GM fans not expected as much on this particular site. It seems agenda-ish and in some cases trollish, but it's all good. Fun to have the back and forth.

Sponsored

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
1124 posts about a car that doesn’t exist, yet. Is that a new record?

And don’t diss an SVO until you know what he’s done to it...
Obviously it does exist and as stated at the beginning has made the 350 much less relevant. Now the question becomes how will the GT500 fair against the new C8 line up . Of course it has a lot more power than a base model but how will it perform on a road course and how will it stand up to a new Z06 0r ZR1. It better out perform a red eye. I do agree SVOs are very cool.

The new C8 has changed the landscape of the performance world right now and deserves all the attention it is getting

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The new C8 has changed the landscape of the performance world right now and deserves all the attention it is getting
It's all sales hype and it hasn't changed anything except the Corvette from front engine to mid engine

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The new C8 has changed the landscape of the performance world
We'll see about that when the c8 actually hits the road and the track until thin its all speculative bullsh*t.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Reality is about to be awfully rude to you once you wake up.
You are so Fing funny if the c8 is a good performer then I will give it it's due until then it's all BS

Sponsored
OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You are so Fing funny if the c8 is a good performer then I will give it it's due until then it's all BS
This is not meant to be rude or argumentative, but the auto industry and GM are not waiting for you to give anything it's due. You may not like the C8 or ever want one, but it has already had a huge impact on the performance car market.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's all sales hype and it hasn't changed anything except the Corvette from front engine to mid engine
Again not trying to be a smart ass. I'm not sure you grasp how big of a deal going to mid engine platform really is.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Again not trying to be a smart ass. I'm not sure you grasp how big of a deal going to mid engine platform really is.
I believe the c8 will sell strong the first year and then sales will drop off at significant rate that GM will either kill the Corvette or reinvent it as a EV Sports car. The c8 maybe a big deal to some in the performance world but it's sales that keep a car in production and 95% of cars sold are to people who don't care about how fast a car is on the track. Oh I due grasp what the c8 is but I've been around a long time and I know the next big deal in the performance world is just a year or to away.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Ford GT supercar = Mid engine. OMG its so awesome just look at it!!

Corvette C8 = Mid engine. OMG its going to be junk until I say so.......

That type of consensus from people that act that way is quite comical.

So let me get this straight. No one talks shit about Fords mid engine car because its eleventybillion dollars but yet the C8 that IS ATTAINABLE for many is trash?

The fanboyism blows my mind here.

Yet anyone that says anything around here about the C8 is a troll.

LOL. C8 is a game changer simply based on its performance per dollar period.

Funny thing is the Vette has always been alot of car for the money.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I believe the c8 will sell strong the first year and then sales will drop off at significant rate that GM will either kill the Corvette or reinvent it as a EV Sports car. The c8 maybe a big deal to some in the performance world but it's sales that keep a car in production and 95% of cars sold are to people who don't care about how fast a car is on the track. Oh I due grasp what the c8 is but I've been around a long time and I know the next big deal in the performance world is just a year or to away.
Why would they kill the Vette and a new C8 platform they have invested heavily in?

Best way I can put it is what I read on another site.

"The Camaro doesnt sell well and might likely die after this generation. But now that the entry price of a mid engine vette is less than the top tier Camaro what GM will be trying to do is make all Camaro owners C8 owners if the Camaro goes the way of the dinosaur."

Which makes a hell of alot of sense if you ask me. Move your entire customer base upscale. Too bad Ford will never be able to say the same as the Ford GT is nearly unobtainable. That being said youd be kidding yourself if you dont think the C8 will steal customers from Ford, Dodge and other automakers aswell.

Since 1953 theres has been a corvette every year except 1. Same cannot be said for the Camaro starting in 67 and its already been killed off once.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.