ked

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello,

So I just purchased some kooks LTH green catted for my 2016 GT awaiting delivery

after going online and searching ,I have seen people running them on X and H or even straight pipes with multiple exhaust setups .

but my Q here , would they work with stock resonators and mufflers... means to replace only the headers .

reason for that is that i am trying not to be too loud as the traffic rules here are a bit hard on modified cars , man they failed my Harley inspection for running short exhaust LOL

my thoughts would be that the resonator should only affect the sound of the car, and (correct me if i am wrong) I believe there is no sensors there.

would there be any gain difference. and is a tune update required for stock resonator or added H pipes .

Thank you so much.
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
It'll work fine and you'll gain power. All the power is bottled up by the stock cats. I've heard long tubes on a stock exhaust and its only a little louder than stock.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I did this exact setup on my 2016 and it was awesome. I eventually went with an H-pipe and Borla catback to get better sound that I loved. And it does gain, I have a dyno somewhere that shows there was improvement without a tune.
Sponsored