Sponsored

Coming from a 2016 Camaro SS....

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I know some say the clutch is no good, but I like it better than the Camaro.
The clutch in Ecoboost definitely is terrible, but the GT is way better. I know -- I bought an Ecoboost Premium 1/2019, sold it and bought a GT 8/2019.
Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 GT Premium 6 spd. I like my 18" wheels. Hate those skinny low profile tires.
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd.jpg
Ford Performance Engine Tower Brace wide.jpg
I feel the same way about yours. Your mindset is stuck in a previous body style. The S550 can run 20" rims and look good. Not possible on an 04.
Mustang.png

DesertRat5115

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Velocity Blue Stock + 275/40R18-9.5 Square
I've driven the SS and my GT both 2019's and the Camaro is a great car, I can't lie. I LOVE the low RPM torque in the Camaro, which is huge in the real world. I've learned driving my Mustang to think more proactively when it comes to acceleration....to plan ahead with where my pedal and revs are, and even hitting the down paddle of my auto just ahead of when I want to punch it so that revs rise at the right moment as I'm wanting to move. If I want to play from a stop I have to hold enough revs to launch well. Driving a Mustang takes a smarter more thought-out approach when rolling at lower revs, and I know better than to test an SS or a Challenger RT / SP from a low-rev roll. The Camaro also has more sophisticated handling.

Still, all said, when driven smartly with revs kept singing at the high end, the Mustang feels and sounds more like a true high performance car and it's exhilarating. The Camaro's poor visibility is also a real negative for me. The Mustang sounds better, no question. And AC vents down at the shift handle? As someone driving in Phoenix, I don't want that.

Bottom line, zero regrets (after getting rid of the embarrassingly skinny stock 235/18s), but the Camaro SS is a worthy vehicle for sure.

Skate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
6 speed manual....to a brand new ‘19 Mustang GT, magnetic metallic, 6 speed manual. Loving the Mustang thus far. The active exhaust sounds pretty amazing for an OEM exhaust. BLOWS the Camaro dual mode exhaust out of the water, as far as tone and volume. The Mustang is more roomy inside as the driver. Better visibility from the Mustang. Once I get rid of the HIDEOUS factory 18's(20" P51's on order), I'll like it that much better. Power is very close. The clutch engagement is way better on the Mustang. I liked my SS as well, but overall driving experience, advantage Mustang. I think they both look great(excluding the new front end on the Camaro).
Welcome! I'm on my third Stang, but I did drive the Camaro before I bought my 16' vert., gave it a fair shot. It did handle well, but did not like the limited visibility & interior design. Those vents down behind the shifter are just plain dorky! The usability & overall fun factor is higher with the Stang.
Congrats!

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I refuse to post photos until I get rid of the nasty 18's...lol.

20 x 10/11
275/35, 295/35

I can't tell much of a difference between normal, sport, and track mode as far as volume. Quiet mode is definitely quiet!
Get a h pipe and get rid of the front resonator. Wake up those mufflers. Amazing sound! Far nicer muscle car sound.

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT