Sponsored

metal clunk intermediately when putting weight on car (while parked)

ecoboost2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
My '15 ecoboost made a metal clunking noise tonight after washing it. it happened a few times during me shaking the car and putting my weight and pushing down on the rear of the car, but it only happened a few times, when i sat in the car and got out, it only made the dull metal clunk 1 time after 3 or 4 times of getting in and out of the car. it seemed like a suspension problem at first, but after repeated tests of pushing down on the front of car with all my weight ( car didn't make a peep during this) and like I said the dull clunk only happened a few times after several times of shaking the car and pushing down on the rear with all my weight, I don't know what to think. Honestly I'm sick of this car's finicky drive quality, if I didn't owe so much on this car, I would just trade it on a Ford Escape or F-150, these mustangs just seem so eager to get their drive quality out of whack, anything makes these cars drive awkward I swear.
Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
The rotors get a coat of oxidation on them when they contact water and can cause the pads to stick. When you press down on the car, it can shift the pads on the rotors and the oxidation could make them stick. When they unstick, they make a click/clunk sound.

Deleted member 35644

Check the nut tightness on top of both struts. My right front was loose from the factory on my '17 V6. Made quite a racket inside the car every time I stepped on the brake while in motion.

OP
OP

ecoboost2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Check the nut tightness on top of both struts. My right front was loose from the factory on my '17 V6. Made quite a racket inside the car every time I stepped on the brake while in motion.

do you mean the strut towers under the hood? or the actual strut? how would I access the strut?

Deleted member 35644

Make sure this nut is snugged down on this stud. Mine was loose from the factory and my strut was banging up and down in the top mount.
20190916_200508.jpg

OP
OP

ecoboost2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Make sure this nut is snugged down on this stud. Mine was loose from the factory and my strut was banging up and down in the top mount.
20190916_200508.jpg
do you know what size nut it is?
Sponsored