Sponsored

Does the sun mess up the assist cameras?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So I have had the Mustang about 3 weeks now and in that time the "Crash mitigations system"?, the one that flashes red light on the windshield, went off once when a car pulled out in front of me. But today its gone off three times and each time there was a car but really far ahead and nowhere near me really. But each time we were facing into the sun and it was fairly bright. IM guessing the sun can mess up the camera? Seems it has a harder time with the lane watch as well when facing into the sun. Anyone else have this? or is it something I should have looked at?
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Check your camera lens for any bug guts or other gunk that may be stuck there. My explorer did the same thing and once I cleaned the lens it was fine.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Check your camera lens for any bug guts or other gunk that may be stuck there. My explorer did the same thing and once I cleaned the lens it was fine.
Thanks I checked it, pretty clean but I cleaned it off anyway to see.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
The Sun messes up everything.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Consumer Reports has said that in quite a few cases some of those Save-Your-Life functions have been compromised by shadows. Where there's sun there are shadows, eh?

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
That system uses the radar prominently that is mounted behind the grill. It can be triggered if it sees an object ahead you slowing down quicker then you are and is inherently more sensitive at higher speeds due to the stopping distance required in the event collision braking needs to be activated.
Sponsored