NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Simple solution... move. Who the hell would want to live anywhere near D.C? If a terrorist attack happens, you or NYC is the probable place. Couple that with too much traffic and crazy people everywhere. Nah, I'll pass.
I agree. As soon as my Mother passes to her reward, I'm outta here. She's the only reason I'm here.

There will be a massive U-Haul at the cemetery. As soon as the services are complete, the loading will begin.
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
It's all good. I've scratched up the Count Chocula splitter a bit, so I'm past worrying.....for the most part.
Nooo!!!! How bad?

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Exactly why I give even more space in front of me when someone tailgates me.
Absolutely. Add an additional 2 seconds, and another two for the car behind him if you can see that one tailgating.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Not bad. Don't care. No big deal.
I helped the sales guy dry my car before I officially bought it with some compressed air line and chucks. I did the bonehead move and put a minor scratch on the top of the rear quarter panel. Told the sales guy "it's mine for sure now." In the first week of ownership I pulled in too far and scrapped the splitter ever so slightly on a curb. It was on the under side and only I knew about it. When I took the facia off to change my grilles the splitter got sanded a little to smooth it back out. Despite both of these and the few rock chips, I still try to avoid everything. All that being said, there will never be any 3M garbage on the car at all, been there and done that with a bad taste, and I hate the lines.

Does this mean your emotional attachment faded or was just a fleeting moment?

Sponsored

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I helped the sales guy dry my car before I officially bought it with some compressed air line and chucks. I did the bonehead move and put a minor scratch on the top of the rear quarter panel. Told the sales guy "it's mine for sure now." In the first week of ownership I pulled in too far and scrapped the splitter ever so slightly on a curb. It was on the under side and only I knew about it. When I took the facia off to change my grilles the splitter got sanded a little to smooth it back out. Despite both of these and the few rock chips, I still try to avoid everything. All that being said, there will never be any 3M garbage on the car at all, been there and done that with a bad taste, and I hate the lines.

Does this mean your emotional attachment faded or was just a fleeting moment?
The emotional attachment is always there, car guy and all. My emotional OVER-reaction is hopefully lessened.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
The emotional attachment is always there, car guy and all. My emotional OVER-reaction is hopefully lessened.
True, you didn't want to instantly have the thing that hit your splitter removed and your splitter replaced at the owner of the offending objects expense lol.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Here in Silicon Valley I use my 2016 Mustang GT as a beater (although its garaged at night), I have 1 minor door ding so far. The car is far from exotic but a pleasure to drive daily.

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
This is why I almost think owing a second car is worth it. The people on the roads are attrocious. Seems like its less stress to just drive a shitbox honestly. What's the point of showing off to people when they only want your stuff damaged anyways. I know I know you do it for yourself, you buy a car to impress yourself. however people dont make it easy.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
First of all I drive a Mustang in a country with the size of New York or even less people than this. However our roads are absurdly dangerous like we one year had more traffic victims than the war in Afghanistan. Also most of the cars are at least 15 years old and are modified to a place of no return in fact SeenTroughGlass had a video for Bulgaria so you can check for yourself. So any one of us know how to do defensive driving. And last year I took a trip trough California and Downtown LA and to tell you the truth since I got the Mustang I prefer to not drive it here it's dangerous. Add to this the fact that car slides with a bliss of throttle and this is now the reason I rode the subway more times this summer than I can count. But I agree with all the guys suggesting you take it to the race track once you see all the damage that a day on the track do to your precious car and see all the beating this thing can accept you will feel way more secure to drive the crap out of it :D Mine is in for new brake pads after 88 laps on my local 2km race track and it need new rear tires but was totally worth it.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Some construction dipshits dumped gravel all over the road, and the vehicle next to me just sprayed the side of my car.

I haven't looked real good yet.

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here in Silicon Valley I use my 2016 Mustang GT as a beater (although its garaged at night), I have 1 minor door ding so far. The car is far from exotic but a pleasure to drive daily.
I'm here in San Jose as well. Drivers are bad. Shitheads in accords wanting to race, and any jackball (including women) riding straight on my ass until I brake check them. Sometimes I just pull over and let them go by- did that to some blockhead in a corvette that was riding my ass yesterday. I realize the Mustang has a nice ass and they probably want a sniff, but back the F off. Fortunately, this thing sits in my garage all week long and only comes out on the weekend to go to the gym or the liquor store. My commuter is a 2006 Hummer H3 that works just fine.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This is why I almost think owing a second car is worth it. The people on the roads are attrocious. Seems like its less stress to just drive a shitbox honestly.
No need to make it a shitbox, just something you don't care about or spent time and energy customizing.
Sponsored